McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• Toomanytwinkies
    Toomanytwinkies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Uggghh...why am I reading these posts? All this McDonalds chit-chat is putting me straight on the path to a double quarter-pounder cheat! Oooh, and a huge chocolate shake. Oh god, I'm going to bed before I find myself in the drive through. Night all...
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Uggghh...why am I reading these posts? All this McDonalds chit-chat is putting me straight on the path to a double quarter-pounder cheat! Oooh, and a huge chocolate shake. Oh god, I'm going to bed before I find myself in the drive through. Night all...

Me too, all i can think about is fries. lol
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's said, "if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't eat it." That is poison.
    My anerythristic, hypomelanistic, and amelanistic cornsnakes are all very grateful for that gem. The ones with adendritic melanophores and the hypoiridophoric phenotypes agree.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    My anerythristic, hypomelanistic, and amelanistic cornsnakes are all very grateful for that gem. The ones with adendritic melanophores and the hypoiridophoric phenotypes agree.
    Yeah I dont think any of us were clammoring to eat your snakes... :flowerforyou:
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like fast food too, but what I often do is get a kid's meal (which - fun fact - was what a regular ADULT meal was when they first opened) - hamburger, cheeseburger or 4-piece nugget, 12 oz soda, milk or juice and a small (100 cal) fry with apple slices (they actually put apple slices in all the happy meals now). Plus you get a toy and sometimes those can be amusing for a minute, but if you don't want the toy, maybe donate it to a thrift store or something.

I wouldn't of course advise eating it every day, but there are healthy ways to do it. If you wanted a salad get it with grilled chicken, take a ketchup container and squeeze the dressing into it to use it on the side. Dip your fork before every bite - I do this and only use about half the dressing.

But, really, the best advice I can give is: don't deprive yourself. You've been craving it for a month go ahead and have it and if it's a one time thing, go ahead and have whatever meal you really want - in the course of a healthy lifestyle, one meal won't screw everything up.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yeah I dont think any of us were clammoring to eat your snakes... :flowerforyou:

They eat them where I live (Taiwan). Yeah..I think i'll give that one a miss :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

They eat them where I live (Taiwan). Yeah..I think i'll give that one a miss :laugh:

They have snake dishes in Japan too. Never tried it though..but it could be interesting :)
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I'd love to try snake some day. Gator is really good. Imagine it's similar.
  • SwimFan1981
    Options

They have snake dishes in Japan too. Never tried it though..but it could be interesting :)

We have a place called "Snake Alley" haha as a vegan, I think i'll pass :laugh:
  • SwimFan1981
    Options

I tried that In beijing during my meat eating days (pre 1991) it tasted like fishy chicken from what I can remember.
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If a cal is a cal, sure. But, how much fat is in a McMuffin, vs your breakfast?
    And of course your body is saying fat is good....it is. It just not really good for you in large quantities.
    Basically, eating there daily, bad. On occasion....not so bad.
    For that matter you could eat your cals in lard every day, and as long as you keep them under the amount you burn in a day, you will lose weight. You will likely have a heart attack, but at least you will look good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^5
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I tried that In beijing during my meat eating days (pre 1991) it tasted like fishy chicken from what I can remember.

I had some at a Ren Faire (gator meat)...it didn't taste all that fishy and the meat seemed more tender than chicken.
  • galleyhook
    Options
    The thought of eating fast 'food' makes me ill. If I put that stuff in my body, I feel bad so why would I do it? I'd rather cook something so I know what goes in what I eat. Plus I like to cook.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would throw an amusing GIF in to this thread.....
    BKvsMcDgif.gif
    tumblr_m2grogQMbg1rq6hjko1_500_large.gif

Yaay! thanks :bigsmile:
    Ditto this ^^^^
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I had some at a Ren Faire (gator meat)...it didn't taste all that fishy and the meat seemed more tender than chicken.

I just wanna try everything once, ya know? Fish eyes were pretty unappealing though... I can do without that again.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I just wanna try everything once, ya know? Fish eyes were pretty unappealing though... I can do without that again.

I don't mind fish eyes, but I grew up on things like that. lol. I do want to try urchin one of these days for sure. :) As far as I know, I've never had it.
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My new BFF! Especially if it's a heifeweizen beer! :)
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I don't mind fish eyes, but I grew up on things like that. lol. I do want to try urchin one of these days for sure. :) As far as I know, I've never had it.

Ive never done uni either... fish eyes were crunchier than I expected! Lol
  • SwimFan1981
    Options

Ive tried Uni (sea urchin) before, I didn't like it, it was really creamy and went all over my tongue in a weird way haha hard to describe...
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I dont really like mcd's- its too greasy and the burger patty doesn't even taste like real beef. If I'm going to have a burger, I'm going to have a real one. BWW's Big Jack Daddy Burger. It's huge, has way too many calories, but is so worth it.