Colonic Hydrotherapy

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I will trust my Dr over you, thanks. I drink a TON of water and eat fiber and take probiotics. I am sure your online degree at Google University is worth trusting you over my Dr that I have seen over 10 years.

I'd love to know who Doctor Buttbath is. I'd like to make sure I avoid him/her at all costs.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    :D
    I think only you caught that! haha
  • CarmenSRT
    Options
    I will trust my Dr over you, thanks. I drink a TON of water and eat fiber and take probiotics. I am sure your online degree at Google University is worth trusting you over my Dr that I have seen over 10 years.

I'd love to know who Doctor Buttbath is. I'd like to make sure I avoid him/her at all costs.

Go harass other people troll. We have better things to do, like poop.

Right...people who eat properly, those with properly working plumbing are the trolls. Not the people who believe that shoving hoses full of liquid up their bottoms to make things work is good and helpful. That make all sorts of sense - oh no, wait. It doesn't!

Colonics that aren't required to prepare a person for a medical procedure are hokum. Real doctors know this.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    A healthy body will is able to detox without expensive cleanses or procedures. It detoxes you on a daily basis. I could see doing hydrotherapy if your digestive system is backed up. But, first you should go to a doctor and figure out whats going on and how to prevent it from happening again.

If you want the same effect without going to see someone then do the colonoscopy prep with miralax. It will clean out your entire digestive system.

I have taken it in the past with no reaction but a rumbly in my tumbly. I also drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate with just the same reaction. I guess some of us are just full of crap and need a little extra..push....regardless of how healthy we seem. It has been a problem I have dealt with since I was a child. Went a short time thinking I had colon cancer and other serious medical issues. This isn't a joke to me because I take this very seriously. So the people hating on those who want or have had a colonic are just rambling on just to do so, I have actual experience with it and actual health problems that have benefited from having a colonic done.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I think only you caught that! haha

I caught it, didn't dare comment.
  • CarmenSRT
    Options

Go harass other people troll. We have better things to do, like poop.

Right...people who eat properly, those with properly working plumbing are the trolls. Not the people who believe that shoving hoses full of liquid up their bottoms to make things work is good and helpful. That make all sorts of sense - oh no, wait. It doesn't!

Colonics that aren't required to prepare a person for a medical procedure are hokum. Real doctors know this.

You aren't a real Dr nor do you have medical issues that actually benefit from a colonic. So go knit something grandma and pretend to know everything on another thread. All you are doing now is harassing people just for the sake of harassing them and I actually pity you for that.

So, being 45 makes me a "grandma", and being a "grandma" is somehow viewed by you as a negative thing, since you've chosen to use it as a pejorative. Nice ageism there. I'll just take my biology degree and totter off to my rocker now. :laugh:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you want to clean out your bowels, just eat a ton of garlic. It'll help shed all of the junk attached to your intestinal lining (and give you really stinky BMs to be prepared to crack a window lol)

I've heard using enemas regularly ends up making your body dependent on them and you have a harder time using the restroom naturally.

In order to make the body dependent on them a person would need to do it a few times a month. Not once in a great while. Plus an at home enema is waaaaaay different than seeing a professional.

/shrug I just mean overusing them, which seems like it would be easy to do if its someone looking for a easy way to lose weight. I know they're two different things, but it's the same means to an end... I guess if it makes you feel better and that's the type of thing you want to treat yourself to every once in a while, carry on :drinker:
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    If you want to clean out your bowels, just eat a ton of garlic. It'll help shed all of the junk attached to your intestinal lining (and give you really stinky BMs to be prepared to crack a window lol)

I've heard using enemas regularly ends up making your body dependent on them and you have a harder time using the restroom naturally.

In order to make the body dependent on them a person would need to do it a few times a month. Not once in a great while. Plus an at home enema is waaaaaay different than seeing a professional.

/shrug I just mean overusing them, which seems like it would be easy to do if its someone looking for a easy way to lose weight. I know they're two different things, but it's the same means to an end... I guess if it makes you feel better and that's the type of thing you want to treat yourself to every once in a while, carry on :drinker:

There are people who overuse them I imagine, just like anything else. Addictive personalities will become addicted to pretty much anything, whether it is an enema, gambling, drugs, or alcohol. I also didn't have it done to lose weight. Because honestly there isn't much of a weigh difference and even if there was a weight difference you're not losing any fat lol. That still stays.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had it done one time out of curiosity. Its a complete waste of money not to mention the risk outweigh the benefits. I didn't lose weight at all. Your body doesn't need irrigation so you can get all the waste out. It does that on its own believe it or not and its very good at doing it. Whatever comes out of colonic hydrotherapy would have come out anyway during normal bowel movements. With colonic hydrotherapy you run the risk of bowel perforation if you place too much pressure.
  • libbybond
    Options
    Colonic Hydrotherapy is GROSE
  • Larrybrown01
    Options
    Hi,
    Nice to see your post.
    The purpose of colon hydrotherapy is to eliminate the poison merchandise and also the unclean residue within the colon.
    colon hydrotherapy instrumentality conjointly maintains the water pressure and temperature therefore the cleansing is conducted at an even rate.
    Keep sharing.
    http://colonhealthtips.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/colon-hydrotherapy-and-your-health/
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I also had to buy some probiotics after, to put all the good bacteria in you, you keep them in the fridge... She will tell you all this anyway. Alot of food like steak or red meat can be stored in your gut for years and years, as doesnt full digest properly.

You have other medical issues you need to have checked out if you have food staying in your systems for years and years. If your food isn't being digested properly you have an issue.

To the OP, it's not worth to cost or the experience. There is no need to do so unless it's for a medical purpose. To the poster who said her doctor suggested them because she has a "slow colon" ... drink more water and consume more fiber.

I don't know why people do these things. Sure, it may clean you out but once you eat and you have food in your system again all that stuff in your colon is right back where it was.

These things can be harmful. This will remove the good bacteria from your system.

There is no "colonics" school.. meaning you are letting people do this on you that have no school, and no real knowledge. If they are telling you that steak stays in your system for years and years you need to run far away. They will tell you all sorts of false information to get you coming back.

Wow.... do you really think everyone gets their information from Google? Dont make assumptions. There are some people on here who are incredibly smart.. who have studies various parts of healthcare. Not everyone searches Google for their information... and those that do, not a very smart choice. The knowledge I have is from studying and peer reviewed research studies... not some random Google search. I don't believe I ever attacked you in my post so don't respond with attitude to me please.

If your Doctor suggests it, than go for it. However, Doctors don't know everything. Sometimes you need to go see another doctor to get a second opinion. Not all doctors stay informed with the latest knowledge. Doctors also give advice on things they have barely any knowledge or training on... nutrition for example. They barely have any nutrition training when they are in school.

Not saying not to trust your doctor ... just saying that they don't know everything.

It has been pointed out that should you have to do it for medical purposes, than knock yourself out. That's a reason to do it if you have properly researched it and have decided it's best for you.

The OP wanted to do it to "detox" (which our bodies do ourselves) and to increase metabolism, clear skin, etc which is not proper reason to do colonic hydroptherapy.
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Here is the thing, some of you clearly just know EVERYTHING. Some of you CLEARLY hide behind the computer and bully others who have different beliefs than you or feel different way towards different procedures..

I had it suggested by my Dr because I have a hard time going poo. Get over it. It was the BEST thing to happen to me because with the help of it I can actually poop. Why don't you try being as backed up as I have been, try dealing with the pain and discomfort, the constant bloating feeling, crying when you TRY to go to the bathroom and when you do you bleed out of your bum. There is your TMI for the day. Some of you should think about getting a hobby instead of harassing people on the internet to make your lives seem so much better.

I will take the advice of my Dr over any advice from a know-it-all on the MFP forums who believe they know everything because they used google to look up the negatives. If we all thought the way some of you did, we wouldn't leave our house or we would live in a bubble.

And yes, there are people who are qualified to do it. Maybe you live in a backwoods state or country.

People stick things in their bums all the time, its called being kinky, at least this way I am actually benefiting from it and not just being nice to my bf. :D

Did you not read the posts that said if it's for a medical purpose, doctor recommended than go for it... but if you are doing it for weight loss or detoxing than it's a waste of time of money?? Read all responses... there are posters who have basically said go for it should you have a medical requirement to do so.

No need to attack other posters.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say here is that I had an operation recently in an UK hospital. I needed an empty colon and small intestine before the procedure. Was I given an enema? Nope. I had to drink some stuff called Picolax and they put me on a drip after the inevitable happened (Stay Close to the WC!) As for drinking probiotics... I think your stomach acid pretty much wipes out any bacteria you eat....
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    The only thing I can say here is that I had an operation recently in an UK hospital. I needed an empty colon and small intestine before the procedure. Was I given an enema? Nope. I had to drink some stuff called Picolax and they put me on a drip after the inevitable happened (Stay Close to the WC!) As for drinking probiotics... I think your stomach acid pretty much wipes out any bacteria you eat....

Taking probiotics are beneficial. If your stomach acid wiped out any probiotics you took than vitamins and the like would be pointless as they are the same idea.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Nice to see your post.
    The purpose of colon hydrotherapy is to eliminate the poison merchandise and also the unclean residue within the colon.
    colon hydrotherapy instrumentality conjointly maintains the water pressure and temperature therefore the cleansing is conducted at an even rate.
    Keep sharing.
    No. Colon hydrotherapy is nonsense.
  • Larrybrown01
    Options
    Hi,
    Colon Hydrotherapy hydrates the intestinal system. The treatment is a relaxing inner system that helps your program in the cleaning process. It is one of the most effective intestinal system cleaning methods. Digestive tract cleaning carefully eliminates toxins and cleans your program by moving the collected waste out of your program quickly, giving your program a chance to normally redouble on relaxing itself.Accumulated toxins may be absorbed into the system and over time may stress the organs of elimination which are the liver, kidneys, skin, and large intestine. The toxins move around and around in both the lymph system and blood, slowly causing auto-intoxication which then leads to disease.
    Thanks,
  • oneandonlyfrangie
    oneandonlyfrangie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable, all the replies from people who have never had it done. No one asked you people. No one cares what you think about it. I might want advice on a tummy tuck, so if I go to a thread about tummy tucks and all I see are people tut-tutting about how bad it is, how it doesn't look good, isn't natural, complications, etc.----FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER DONE IT---I don't get my answer.

No one asked them, and somehow they think they are sooo important that people want to hear their two pesetas. Why not answer on threads that you do have experience with? Who are you trying to convince that it is "quackery", us or yourselves?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    A healthy body will is able to detox without expensive cleanses or procedures. It detoxes you on a daily basis. I could see doing hydrotherapy if your digestive system is backed up. But, first you should go to a doctor and figure out whats going on and how to prevent it from happening again.

If you want the same effect without going to see someone then do the colonoscopy prep with miralax. It will clean out your entire digestive system.

Sadly there are some of us that can take a weeks worth of Miralax...and nothing.

I went from never having problems to constant digestive problems since trying to lose weight. I have increased fiber...drank more water....etc...etc. I have taken fiber supplements trying to get regular...hasn't works. So...I go as long as I can in hopes of going naturally and when I don't...I either get out the laxatives or suppositories.

I understand why some might try something so drastic as a colon cleanse...digestive problems affect almost every aspect of your life. The bloating makes you uncomfortable...the constipation becomes painful...and then there is the gas...