Replies

• dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor and Cocaine.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    What's that thing rich people do, where they take money and turn it into more money...

You should do that.

You mean buy a factory in a 3rd world country and enslave poor people?

I think it's called..."investing"

Though I was mostly just quoting 30 Rock. Still if you've got kids, I'd start saving and buying bonds and such, you'll get a lot more out of that in the long run than a gaming rig or new bike.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor and Cocaine.

I like what you've done here... but would the calories burned be accurate?
  • emtjmac
    Options
    What's that thing rich people do, where they take money and turn it into more money...

You should do that.

Though I was mostly just quoting 30 Rock. Still if you've got kids, I'd start saving and buying bonds and such, you'll get a lot more out of that in the long run than a gaming rig or new bike.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the thread where I mentioned that I am in no way saving for retirement or planning for the future. There seems to be a lot of other people who read it though. Hmm...
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    Too bad Whitney Houston isn't around anymore to answer that question. lol
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Elliptical. Totally!
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Too bad Whitney Houston isn't around anymore to answer that question. lol

God rest her soul. Say what you will, that woman could sing.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Go on a mad weekend with your mates, you sound like you bloody well deserve it! :drinker:
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options

You should do that.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the thread where I mentioned that I am in no way saving for retirement or planning for the future. There seems to be a lot of other people who read it though. Hmm...

As well you should be! I never insinuated that you were not, and I don't read every thread on here nor have ever seen you on here before. I was mostly quoting 30 rock. If we're being serious though, I'd go with 50+ awesome pizzas and a kegerator kit.
  • emtjmac
    Options

You should do that.

As well you should be! I never insinuated that you were not, and I don't read every thread on here nor have ever seen you on here before. I was mostly quoting 30 rock. If we're being serious though, I'd go with 50+ awesome pizzas and a kegerator kit.

Bro... I hadn't even CONSIDERED a kegerator yet... this just got real.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Go on a mad weekend with your mates, you sound like you bloody well deserve it! :drinker:

At least someone is on my side! Thank you!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Strip club. Make it rain.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Strip club. Make it rain.

I could always just rub some glitter and vanilla scented body lotion on my clothes, it's almost the same thing right?
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    treat your lady to a weekend break :) show her how special she is :D
  • NVREST
    NVREST Posts: 94
    Options
    Get an on demand water heater... so you can enjoy many many days of hot showers..
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Definitely, a gaming computer. The Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, and Archeage will be out in the US and UK this year, you gonna need it to play! :)
    I built myself, hubby, and our son a sweet rig each last year, heh.

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!!!!

Oh I mean... I'm totally going to invest in some mutual funds. Stop talking about gaming, I mean grown men gaming? Who would imagine such a thing? I'm going to make sure that I have a secure future waiting for me in the nursing home. That's the practical thing to do. By the way I love the assumption from some of the elderly party poopers in here that I'm not already saving for retirement. If you're so invested in getting old that you can't have some fun now... I just feel sorry for those people.
    I get told all the time I'm wasting money on mmo's, and I love the one, "Really? I didn't know chics played games." I'm like really, I bet I've kicked your *#@ a few times if you've played my server, lol.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't buy a gaming computer. Grown men gaming is just... sad. Especially with four kids and a wife. They need your attention, not the stupid computer.

Now on to ideas:

The investment idea is the best and most sensible. You're not likely to do that though - sounds like you want something fun and immediate and don't have the patience to see out an investment plan.

So invest in yourself. Either get a road bike with a trainer for the winter months, or if you feel like sharing good health with your wife you should get the weights set or the elliptical. The weights would give you both a lot of strength with is both sexy and healthy. The elliptical would give you fast fat loss.

Isn't MFP great for solicited advice from around the globe?

BTW, it was rude to call that lady grandma, just like it was rude for that other member to suggest you get a vasectomy.

Yes, maybe I should get a subscription to Reader's Digest and a sturdy pair of reading glasses to! By the way, I'm glad that the fun and interesting person whom I called grandma was not as humorless as you are, as she actually got the joke and we had a bit of fun with it. Thanks for your thoughtful reply! *hugs*

if you get the reader's digest in the large print version you don't have to get the sturdy reading glasses, thus saving you money! Voila!! or maybe put the money toward your education. seriously. my husband is a FF/Medic, Fire Investigator, and all kinds of other stuff. He's always wanting to take a class to further his education and he would love to get his fire science degree. I wish we had the money for him to do all that. I'm guessing you're a basic by your name. I got my intermediate and was on a vol dept for 4 years. i miss it at times.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I vote for the pizza. And ice cream.

Then again, a mini-vaca sounds pretty perfect, too.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Don't buy a gaming computer. Grown men gaming is just... sad. Especially with four kids and a wife. They need your attention, not the stupid computer.

Now on to ideas:

The investment idea is the best and most sensible. You're not likely to do that though - sounds like you want something fun and immediate and don't have the patience to see out an investment plan.

So invest in yourself. Either get a road bike with a trainer for the winter months, or if you feel like sharing good health with your wife you should get the weights set or the elliptical. The weights would give you both a lot of strength with is both sexy and healthy. The elliptical would give you fast fat loss.

Isn't MFP great for solicited advice from around the globe?

BTW, it was rude to call that lady grandma, just like it was rude for that other member to suggest you get a vasectomy.

Yes, maybe I should get a subscription to Reader's Digest and a sturdy pair of reading glasses to! By the way, I'm glad that the fun and interesting person whom I called grandma was not as humorless as you are, as she actually got the joke and we had a bit of fun with it. Thanks for your thoughtful reply! *hugs*

if you get the reader's digest in the large print version you don't have to get the sturdy reading glasses, thus saving you money! Voila!! or maybe put the money toward your education. seriously. my husband is a FF/Medic, Fire Investigator, and all kinds of other stuff. He's always wanting to take a class to further his education and he would love to get his fire science degree. I wish we had the money for him to do all that. I'm guessing you're a basic by your name. I got my intermediate and was on a vol dept for 4 years. i miss it at times.

I'm a paramedic, been in EMS for 11 years.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    I vote for the pizza. And ice cream.

Then again, a mini-vaca sounds pretty perfect, too.

All the vacation suggestions sound tempting but I couldn't leave my wife with the kids that long; I'd feel too guilty to enjoy myself. And I can't take her because there'd be no one to watch the kids.