Do you weigh every day? Do you fluctuate greatly??

Options
124»

Replies

• MichelleF115
    MichelleF115 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Due to my monthly cycle, I can expect to gain 1.5 lbs from fluid retention every month, about mid-cycle. It's frustrating when I'm trying to lose weight, but I just have to accept it.
  • ElPatoLoco
    ElPatoLoco Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Damn.. I should have posted my graph here lol.. didn't see this thread before I posted...

yes I weigh every day... the graph shows, MFP's projected weight loss (red line) actual weight loss (blue line) and the trend of weight loss (black line)

dzasgl.jpg
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Damn.. I should have posted my graph here lol.. didn't see this thread before I posted...

yes I weigh every day... the graph shows, MFP's projected weight loss (red line) actual weight loss (blue line) and the trend of weight loss (black line)

Is this your personal graph, or is it available through a tool here that I missed?
  • ElPatoLoco
    ElPatoLoco Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It was created in microsoft excel.. I just saved it as an image and posted it for interest value really.

I don't weigh daily because I'm obsessive about my weight I just like numbers ;) ... but I've found looking at the graph and being able to see where my "good" and "bad" times were has been (and still is) a motivator. Even when I've had whole weeks where my weight has gone up the trend over time has always been downwards... it reminds me that as long as I stick with the plan over time it works. It kicks those niggling doubts right out the window, but that's just me. I've always found a visual representation useful.

I did this out of curiosity because I wanted to see what the reality was compared to MFP's projected loss of 2lbs per week.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    That's almost exactly how I am. It's like my weight get stuck for two weeks even if I stick to my diet. But then I eventually go down in weight. It just sucks because I had a really bad last week with my diet and gained like 3 pounds so now I have to lose that again too :) I'm trying to hit 140 by my birthday and now I don't think I'll hit that weight. It's March 17th btw. Glad to know other people fluctuate like me and I believe in weighing in daily.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    the week before my period i am up to like 3kg (7lbs i think)

usually its around .2-1kg difference, at the end of the week its a smaller number than the week before, so im ok- but it does make me feel better to know that i did not gain 3kg of wat in a week, its just the deal with living in a womens body haha
  • smilingdaisies
    smilingdaisies Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Posted this earlier and cannot believe so many responded!! You certainly helped me...I was worried the fluctuations weren't normal. This is most like me:

... yes... I fluctuate up to 1.5 lbs in either direction. I only log my "new weight" when I've come up lower or the same a few days in a row.

For me its good to see the natural fluctuations with a general downward trend. What if I weighed only once per week, but only caught a "high day," or what if I caught the "low day," and the next week the high one, and then thought I had somehow gained. In a weird way it keeps me from being too excited or disappointed with losses and gains.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day after breakfast. This is my "official" recorded weight in MFP. I fluctuate 1-2 lbs. per day. But if I were to take every Monday's (or whatever day, so long as it's the same day of the week) weigh in number it would be trending downward.

Freaks me out though--sometimes I weigh myself right after peeing before I go to bed and I will get up in the morning and pee first thing then weigh myself and sometimes it is almost 3 lbs! (No it's not that much urine, LOL!) So, I'm thinking sweat weight loss? Gross...
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In the evening I am usually 4 pounds heavier than in the morning.
  • fitgal05
    Options
    I hear that on being sick, i tend to gain...why though?
  • fitgal05
    Options
    Just notice we have the same goal weight...nice! Good job so far.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes I weigh every day. Yes it fluctuates. I consider only Friday morning's weight the "Real" weight though. That's what I log - good or bad.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am just curious about how many of you weigh every day and if so, how much does your weight fluctuate (if at all). I try not to weigh every morning but there is some insane gravitational pull that makes me...but this is what I've noticed. I will fluctuate for about a week anywhere from 1-3 pds every morning....then after a week or two, I'm done a couple of pounds. Thoughts? Be kind. :)

Your weight, unlike so much else in life, is within your bounds to be made predictable. Unless you have some special condition in which case you should see your doctor, your scale is your friend. And friends you look forward to seeing.

When I woke up this morning after seven hours of sleep, I weighed one pound less, from nightly perspiration and respiration, than when I went to sleep last night. Then I let go of the pee and dropped another pound.

There's nothing shocking about this, except maybe that the tiny flakes of skin that we lose on a daily basis create over seventy percent of the dust in our home.

People may perceive something to be beyond their reach, as a fact that cannot be changed, because they don't understand it. When it comes to your weight, it's not. Log your fluctuations, and once you understand, it's within your reach.

At that time though, you realize you're fully responsible for your weight. You have always really been so, it's just that now there's no way around it.

Was I kind enough?