How do I get over Chinese food cravings?!!

Options

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    HMM, why not have chinese food then?:smile::wink: :happy: :tongue:
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for some great ideas on how to overcome cravings. I will definitely be planning to make some fried rice at home.

I am trying to avoid rice for a few days and that is where my dilemma was. I will have to plan it into a day and enjoy it rather than obsess about it.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I will have to stop by the store and pick up everything needed to make the fried rice I love. Infact, I will make the cauli"fried" rice. I had made it once and it was not too bad.

I think this new lifestyle change requires planning and somedays you just don't want to be the one doing the cooking, but I will think of the small-sized dress hanging in my closet and make the effort to cook the darn thing! ;-)

Thanks for all the ideas!

Awesome, I will mention though.

That I am addicted to chinese food. I could eat it all day, everyday, for over a month and not be bored. Really.

I like to go to the chinese buffet's. It works for me because I can skip the rice, and eat all the vegetables I want, they usually have chicken on a stick or something that is pretty good in calories, or salmon, or sushi, or I can have them make a stir fry the way i design it. Or, seafood! Seafood! It's good, low calories, and you can eat a lot depending on how its cooked.
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like to stir fry lots of veggies and add baked chicken or baked pork (cut in strips). I use Chinese Stir Fry sauce (low calorie) from the grocery store (comes in a packet in the spice/condiment section) - but I only use a little bit of it. In place of rice and noodles, I use Shirataki noodles (almost ZERO calories - 5-10 calories at most). And I use mostly cabbage in the stir fry - VERY filling. And extremely LOW CALORIE :) I also use the Shirataki noodles with my spaghetti sauce!

You should give it a try. And because I take the time to cut all my veggies for it (including cutting the carrots into little tiny strips) - that burns even more calories!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Making sure I'm not hungry going into a "smells great!" situation helps me, too! All these are great suggestions I've tried! I ate at Shoguns with my son, loved it...ate about 1/4 of the plate, took the rest home to hubby, who loved me for it! LOL
  • thejackfact
    thejackfact Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We do one cheat meal a week. Our cravings vary from week to week and this does wonders to alleviate the feeling that we are suffering as opposed to making a choice. Panda has some new healthier options with their shrimp and chicken and it is DELICIOUS!

We usually share a meal and share a dessert. Super satisfying and fun!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    HMM, why not have chinese food then?:smile::wink: :happy: :tongue:

Ya this is great for fixing cravings.. if its fits in your daily goals.. go ahead.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    order chicken chow mein!

done.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I will have to stop by the store and pick up everything needed to make the fried rice I love. Infact, I will make the cauli"fried" rice. I had made it once and it was not too bad.

I think this new lifestyle change requires planning and somedays you just don't want to be the one doing the cooking, but I will think of the small-sized dress hanging in my closet and make the effort to cook the darn thing! ;-)

Thanks for all the ideas!

Awesome, I will mention though.

That I am addicted to chinese food. I could eat it all day, everyday, for over a month and not be bored. Really.

I like to go to the chinese buffet's. It works for me because I can skip the rice, and eat all the vegetables I want, they usually have chicken on a stick or something that is pretty good in calories, or salmon, or sushi, or I can have them make a stir fry the way i design it. Or, seafood! Seafood! It's good, low calories, and you can eat a lot depending on how its cooked.

hahahahaa. im the same way. everyday all day. but i like all the fried stuff soaked in sauces..... :noway: :sad: :laugh: so i like the buffets too. i get the veggies and sushi and the grilled chicken on a stick. i usally cave and get one wonton and two peices of fried sweet and sour chicken. but i ALWAYS plan my meals around the chinese lol. its sooooo easy to over indulge, there are some days that i will over indulged but its like i have to plan my WHOLE week to cut back on my calories to ensure i have the right numbers, so that in itself is a pain. :-( and would cause me to over undulged again without the week plannig. so maybe i'll pick up friend rice and seseme chicken and then some veggies and thats like 700 cals right there. i'd rather plan my day around one meal then a whole week lol. good luck!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I dont resist it...I make better choices. I go for the dishes with chicken, lean and veggies...nothing battered or fried. I skip the rice and noodles and load up ont he steamed veggies instead. Egg drop soup is yummy and not bad in calories. I will indulge in a piece (or two) of sushi sometimes. Just be careful, chinese is usually fairly high in sodium so be sure you drink lots of water that day!
  • ChristineLondon
    ChristineLondon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I moved some place where they don't deliver, and I don't feel like driving to them either so I guess that's that

You moved house? That's a bit drastic! Ha ha!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You said, "I know I should probably plan it into my diet and allow a day where I can enjoy it with proper planning."

That's the answer. Don't be afraid. You will have a plan and the extreme cravings will stop.

Good luck.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yeah. i don't like depriving myself of foods that I crave. it's all about moderation. yes, making your own is great idea! but, i can't make a mean pork lo mein the way i like it. nor, do i care to. so, i just have it & move on.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am another one to suggest the Chinese buffet. It helps to be able to pick and choose what you want - love me some "chickey on a stick" as my kids like to say, and some good steamed veggies. I do splurge and get 2-3 cheese wonton though. :embarassed:
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cooking it yourself is the best I can think of! and everyone else!
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Make your own! homemade chicken fried rice. I overload on veggies :) and decrease the soy sauce by a lot. It's so so good. Also you can make very amazing orange chicken that's great too.
  • elli_be1
    elli_be1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have pho, with lots and lots of chili sauce.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's not possible. Chinese food is just too delicious.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Next special dinner out, have some.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Most chinese restaurants will alter their menu to fit your needs. Don't be afraid to ask!