Oatmeal

Options
Just came across eating oatmeal to lose weight (http://www.ehow.com/how_5601970_lose-15-pounds-weeks-oatmeal.html). I love oatmeal and willing to give it a try. But I plan on spicing up my oatmeals instead of eating it bland with only milk.

Pinterest has some great overnight oats recipes and I am going to try that.

I am also doing Jillian Michaels Banish Fat and Boost metabolism and yoga.

Anyone any thoughts and comments.

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I add cinnamon, cloves, walnuts, unsweetened coconut, raisins, craisins, and ground flax seed to mine. All at once, or in any combination :)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I just use the preflavored packs...I know that makes me less of a human to some here...
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love mine with a little dash of cinnamon, made with vanilla almond milk, and after cooking I stir in a serving of vanilla protein powder. YUMMY!!
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    I cant really comment because I am only eating Fruits Vegis and Lean Cuts of meat currently. If I were having oatmeal I have no idea what I would put in it, except some maybe some Stevia and Almond Milk.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like honey, cinnamon, berries, bananas, peanut butter, almonds, and I am sure other things. Not all at once, just options.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i love to add cinnamon, almond butter, banana and vanilla protein powder to my oatmeal - either one of them or all at the same time - depending how hungry I am that morning haha
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein. Yum yum.
  • sbe808
    sbe808 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make my oatmeal with coconut milk and add in apples, raisins, dried cranberries and either walnuts or slivered almonds.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    check out Pinterest and skinnytaste for some real delish oatmeal recipes.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dblred0728
    dblred0728 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of habit if I really like something and I eat oatmeal almost every day. For one meal or another.
    My favorite thing to put in oatmeal is a spoonful of Biscott Spread! :) Yummy!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just use the preflavored packs...I know that makes me less of a human to some here...

LOL!! You gotta do what you gotta do!!

On the weekend, I cook up 6 to 7 serving's worth of steel cut oats and add a small bag of craisins. That works out to a little over 200 cal per serving. YUM!! I also like banana and a little brown suger in my oats.
  • tlb905
    tlb905 Posts: 11
    Options
    I only use the un-prepackaged oatmeal and add a dash of cinnamon, a teaspoon of honey and whatever berries I have on hand, and if none on hand I'll add a little banana or raisins.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I normally put in fruit in it but my favorite is chocolate banana oatmeal. Check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com She has some awesome recipes. Also Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is probably my favorite workout DVD of all time. It's definitely effective.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I make mine with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water and I add a tablespoon of peanut butter, raisins, dried cranberries or a banana and I add one scoop of protein powder to it as well. Calories are about 500 but it's yummy and all good stuff
  • dance_fit
    dance_fit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is probably my favorite at home breakfast.

Crunchy peanut or almond butter with some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice is my favorite, usually with raisins. Sometimes I'll add apples or apple sauce instead of the raisins. I also really like blue berries, or strawberries and banana . I use frozen berries in because I like the way it kind of mushes up into the oatmeal when I heat it up.

I've also put protein powder in mine (I use hemp) but it makes it a funny color and people at work were always like "What is that!?!"
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • Scottg97
    Scottg97 Posts: 9
    Options
    I use Sprouts organic rolled oats, and I used to put Skippy Natural Peanut butter in it. But I switched to Planter's NUT-rition Energy Mix Berry Nut Peanut Butter. Has way less sugar than Skippy Natural.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Craisins/raisins, peanut butter, nutella, cinamon, nutmeg, flax meal, honey, brown sugar, bananas, applesauce - it's all gone into oatmeal at one point. I make a week's worth on Sunday/Monday and take it to work, nuke it and vola', breakfast. You just have toplay with it to find something you like. Cal. counts run between 280 and 330 depending on the additivies.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I put fresh blueberries, some vanilla almond milk, dash of cinnamon and some nuts for crunch..... good stuff!