oh god. after how many days does this get easier?

Options
please tell me there's a point wherre it gets easy...i feel so grouchy

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get "easy," but it definitely gets easier. Make sure you allow yourself a treat here and there, and do exercises that you enjoy. You will burn out fast if you eat like a bird and don't enjoy your workouts!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    It doesn't get "easy," but it definitely gets easier. Make sure you allow yourself a treat here and there, and do exercises that you enjoy. You will burn out fast if you eat like a bird and don't enjoy your workouts!

Very much agree. Take baby steps in the beginning as to not overwhelm yourself with so many changes :-) good luck!!!
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    True dat!!!! I have been crazy struggling the past three days.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    some days are easier and some days are harder. I was super grouchy and hungry the 1st week or so but I pushed thru just make sure your goals aren't unrealistic and press on!
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    After about 2 weeks is when I quit getting angry or upset about the way I had to eat and exercise. Now, it is definitely A LOT easier. It isn't easy, but it really not as hard :) You just got to keep it going and eventually you will be so proud
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    When you realize 1200 calories isn't a realistic goal.
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Options
    I went the opposite and was very strict for the first two weeks, in order to break bad habits and set good ones in place. Than I started allowing treats.

After those two weeks it was much easier, but being grouchy all the time didn't go away for a month!

Keep plucking away though, you'll adjust and start feeling so much better!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories! That will help.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Once I got past the first month it seemed almost like second nature. This is really the easiest "diet" I've every tried because I'm eating what I'd normally eat, just basically portion controlling. And it's really taught me a lot about eaitng in balance. For instance, if I have a really calorie-heavy meal for lunch I eat lightly for dinner. MFP reinforces a lot of common sense stuff that we should all be doing.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    where what gets easy?
  • cupulous
    cupulous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It gets easier once you adapt to the changes that you decide are important to you. Before then, you're breaking old habits and forging new ones. The freshness of change!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

^ This.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It is extremely probable that you are not eating enough.

Please read this to figure out your reasonable calorie goal for weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I get to the point that I want to quit, I just take a break from exercise. I eat my allotted calories for a week, then the next week I just pick it back up. Kinda lets me focus on one thing and clear my head. This is just me.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It gets easier when I step on the scale and see results---plus the new muscle.
    Hang in there.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    It's because to you need to eat MOAAARRRRRRR!!!
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I looked over your diary and WOW yeah you need to eat real meals and enjoy them! Do you want to eat like you have for the past couple of days for the rest of your life? I am by no means a pro at this still have my ugh days but I will be d@mned if i have to suffer through my meals!
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off here (this is like my 3rd account) since 2009. I usually manage 3-4 days then crumble.

I'm on day 11 now, and I feel I am through the worst!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

^ This.

Agree! it hard because your doing it wrong.