How can I eat almost 1800 calories and still feel hungry?

Options
13»

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    girl.....I eat around 2000 and am constantly hungry. Just came off of a bulk and I could eat 2500+ and still be hungry. If your still hungry (and truly hungry, not just cravings) then eat. Your body obviously needs the food. Increase a little and just keep an eye on measurements of your body over time.
  • jett254
    jett254 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok, I made this for breakfast this AM - lots of protein!

Egg Mug Burger-rama
    PER SERVING (entire mug): 175 calories, 0.5g fat, 995mg sodium, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g sugars, 30g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    One slice fat-free American cheese, chopped
    One Boca Original Vegan Veggie/Meatless Burger
    1 tbsp. ketchup

Directions:
    Microwave Boca patty for 1 minute, and then chop into pieces. Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute, chopped Boca patty, and cheese, and stir. Microwave for about a minute. Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds, until scramble is just set. Stir, top with ketchup, and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • mikegreiner
    mikegreiner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I thought I was eating more - I calculated my TDEE at around 1800 and have been eating close to that. I thought that when you did the TDEE method, you ignore exercise since it is factored in. Or should I be over-riding my TDEE with the bodymedia readings?

As I understand it, the TDEE method does factor in exercise in the sense that you don't have to vary what you eat on exercise vs. rest days. That was an appealing simplification for me when I first found the TDEE approach. Before that I wondered if I needed to eat lighter on days when I didn't work out, etc.

However, the one "rule" I'd add is that you always want your *net* calories to be greater than your BMR. So if you have a big exercise day, you should "eat back" enough calories such that:

net calories (your food calories - exercise calories) > BMR

Falling below BMR may kick off some undesirable responses from your body, things like putting off cellular level repair until later (when fuel is more plentiful). I'd guess falling below BMR would make you hungry too. :smile:
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is it a sign that I'm not eating the right things? I've increased my calories but still am thinking about food all of the time. My diary is open. Looking for advice or thoughts. I have good willpower but if I can avoid this, I would obviously prefer it. I'm on maintenance.

Edited to add - I'm 5'1'' and weight 99 lbs.

Thanks!

Not to sound *****y or rude, but that weights seems rather low. I checked several weight charts and even if you're small boned you should be in the 110 range. Sounds to me like you need to be eating more...