New to My fitness pal...ready to be the best me :)

Options
Hello,
I'm new to myfitness pal. I joined last week in a desperate attempt to understand my nutrition and how to count calories. Growing up I really never had the worry of how to count calories. I was always the 'under'weight child in my family. I was always small growing up and stayed small through college without much effort. My weight struggle started to become an issue in my late twenties.
I had a baby and was doing pretty good getting back to my pre-pregnancy self and when our son turned three I was dealt a few hurdles to overcome with my health. Just getting through that time was was difficult enough and I started to gain weight and not really caring that much because I was just happy to be alive. I realized how precious life was at the age of 30. Now 40lbs heavier I realize that I need to find balance with food, nutrition, and exercise. I'm very active and love working out. I also teach several aerobics classes at out local fitness center. I'm ready and looking forward to understanding my eating habits and how to better them. Ready to be healthy and fit!

Replies

• kristina29
    Options
    Welcome! And Good luck! You are taking the 1st step thats great!:flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place and I know you will find everything here you need to be successful.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome......and good luck in your new journey to health and fitness!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck....you will have awesome results....You already love working out and are active, so you have the basic key covered

Once you stary logging your calories and watching what you eat, you will have awesome results as long as you are honest

Goodluck
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck on your new journey!!
  • MariaATX
    MariaATX Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! You will reach your goal!
    Congratulations on this big step!
  • holiday33
    holiday33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for all the support! I really appreciate it :smile:
  • JBRENTLINGER
    JBRENTLINGER Posts: 160
    Options
    Here is to a new and even better you! CHEERS and WELCOME to MFP! It has been a driving force for me!