40 year old crowd?

Options

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Tippy end of 47...work full time, two kids, and an avid runner. Sending you a friend request!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, turning 45 in May and decided that instead of making a New Year's resolution this year, I'd make a LIFE resolution! I joined MFP and have been living a healthier me since then. I'm feeling so much better and am happy to have finally taken this turn for the better. I have 2 young girls, and I want to be a great role model for them as they hit the teen years! :) It's great to have the support of the community here!

I'm a nurse and also work long days (or nights). I do 12-hour shifts, and the upside is that I get 14 days off/month as well. I've been trying to implement working out during some of my workdays as well -- something I never would have done in the past! I'm training for my first 5k in August, so I'm definitely motivated to make this work long-term, once and for all!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    42 with 2 kids ............anyone is more than welcome to add me .......:bigsmile: wishing everyone much success on their healthy lifestyle
  • matt_durell
    matt_durell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 40... And I work a LOT which means I have a tendency to be sedentary for long periods of time.

Please feel free to add me, perhaps we can motivate each other? (This goes for anyone.)
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    45 next month...age is only a number, so come on over to my world. :-)
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and don't feel my age at all.........

Same here. I feel younger than when I was 25 and already grossly overweight. It sometimes feels like I blinked and I was in my 40s already. If I didn't have kids who are in their 20s, I think I still wouldn't believe it!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    41 single mom of two young girls. Work full time and still get several decent workouts in/week. Feel free to add me
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    40 years old right here! Sending FR now :)
  • chrisandover
    Options
    40 here
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    41 years young here. I hope we can help one another
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    add me! i got the whole shabang...42yrs old with, wife, x wife, kids, step kids, bills, x wife's bills. lol. tryin to stay sane and in shape.
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 year old working momma with 2 boys. Always looking for motivating friends!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    47 years young here, and I have to say that I really believe that I'm in better shape now than when I was 27. I have a 9-hour-a-day desk job... and add on to that the fact that I use a wheelchair as a result of an accident 21 years ago... and, well, staying in shape is a bit of an extra challenge for me. But, it's a challenge that I have embraced head-on over the past 2 years now. I do weight training 3 days a week and, once the warmer weather gets here, I'll be back outdoors on the handcycle getting in some killer cardio. I have to say that I truly look forward to my work out sessions! :)

Feel free to add me if you're still needing support/friends.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 with a wife and 3 daughters. I own my business which takes up a lot of my time. I still make time to work out 5-6 days a week, play soccer 4 days a week, and drive the girls around to their games and practices all week. Any other "geezers" feel free to add me.
  • Motria
    Motria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42-year-old full-time-workin' mom of 2 preschoolers. Recently discovered that I need bifocals! :grumble: Trying to get fit and stay fit for the long haul. Looking for fun and supportive friends - feel free to add me, people!
  • ksmineo
    ksmineo Posts: 2
    Options
    Add me if you like as well - I'm 42 and mother of one, work full time, up until this past month was a part-time student as well...taking a much needed break! We can all use some positive reinforcement and motivation!
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's great to see people my age looking fit and making that commitment to take care of themselves, even with a life full of other commitments. I think this may just be the most motivating group I've come across yet.

I might get my guy onto this thread too. He's 41 and getting fit as well.

Please feel free to send me a FR, though pls let me know you're from this thread so I don't ignore you!
  • Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love motivating friends and I can use all the motivation from friends I can get. I am a P90x grad, ran my first 5k last year and I'm currently working to complete ChaLEAN Extreme. I am a wife, mother of 3 and Christian. I also work full time and workout 4-5 times a week. I'm in this for a lifestyle change and MFP has been a great way to meet people with similar goals!!
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    41...... In my mind, I will always be 27....... SmIle K
  • Suezii_Q
    Suezii_Q Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 42 on Sunday. Mother of two adult girls (19 & 21), work full time, have crohn's disease and am new to myfitness pal. If you would like to add me please do.

:smile: Have a great day/evening.

It may say August of last year but I didn't start using until about a week ago.