how long did it take before you liked to go running...

Options
gerard54
gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
I'm bout to give up and stick to swimming...

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I really started to enjoy it when I started improving. It wasn't easier because I was still pushing but the same effort got me there faster. I started doing races and got a thrill out of beating my last time. That's what still motivates me.

That and when I got hurt (not from running from being hit by a car) and couldn't do it. All I wanted to do was go for a run on a sun y afternoon and couldn't.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    The day I was able to run 10k without stopping - which for me was about 8 months.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Slow down, you might be running too fast.

I enjoy my runs the most when my husband gets to come with me, he's a sheriff and on an odd schedule. On those days, we try to run slow enough that we can talk the whole entire time.

I don't care if 4 miles takes me an hour when by myself I can do it in about 48, the chatting is nice. :happy:

There are some days when I'm by myself and I'll slow down so I feel better, just so I can look around.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When it got me high.

I remember crying for no reason.

It was on a treadmill too. In my parents' garage on a cold, muggy day.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Most people who hate running see it as just exercise and I don't blame them for feeling that way because there are other things you can do for exercise.

For me it's the therapeutic benefits. You can find out about yourself while running. You can go through an emotional cleansing while running. It's very powerful to me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I personally think you enjoy it or you don't...can't force the issue.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    hasn't happened yet.
  • rmd_fitness
    rmd_fitness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    33 years.
  • dstanley753
    dstanley753 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me it was when I completed Week 5 Day 3 of C25K...the wall day.
  • gerard54
    Options
    I feel like gym running is no fun but when its while doing something like a sport, that's when I enjoy it.it sucks cause I workout around 4am and no one to play basketball with...
  • gerard54
    Options
    hasn't happened yet.

Haha...
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    the first time I got off the treadmill and went outside . i find it therapeudic time to clear my mind.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    About six months, but I did get there!

And I hate, hate, hate the treadmill. It's outside or elliptical.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    8 weeks
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I never hated it, but a few weeks after completing C25K, I finally got to the point that my lungs weren't burning and I really started enjoying it!
  • Treewud
    Treewud Posts: 12
    Options
    I run 4 days a week and with out company i find it pretty boring, but i love the feeling of accomplishment after word and how great it makes my body feel.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Week 6 C25K, when I realized that I could do this. I still think that running on a treadmill sucks, but running outside is just great! So I walk on the mill, run outside.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    After my first outdoor 3 mile run. I felt such a rush afterwards it was incredible. I don't get that feeling on the treadmill so I can't wait for some nicer weather so I can get back outside.
  • gerard54
    Options
    Sounds like I need to get off the belt and on the street...
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    For me it was when I completed Week 5 Day 3 of C25K...the wall day.

Just did that day today, never thought I could do it, it was friggin amazing!