Replies

• Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am an Optician/Optical Manager
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a surgeon. (and it makes me a little sad that it took 4 pages into this thread before we had an MD)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Answering the phone?

I worked in an ER. Answering the phone wasn't my job. Jeeeeeeeeeezus.

Who's job was it?

The woman out front who made bracelets, typed in your info or a registrar, or an operator for the hospital. Are you sure you're an RN? I would think you would know that. Not to be rude, the flowers were nice and all, but a backhanded compliment all the same.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Medical transcriptionist
  • camillerivera
    Options
    CNA for the past 3 years that mainly deals with the medicines, paper work, and vital signs. and it seems like getting re-certified starting this year for anything with the red cross is getting harder.
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    Medical Assistant in podiatry
  • camillerivera
    Options
    I am a caregiver for the elderly. Mostly in home care one on one or a married couple. Its not really medical feild but we are trained in most the areas cna's are trained in.

Did you take the whole course etc? Omg, the red cross test are the scariest thing ever for cna certification LOL.
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    dialysis tech, take LPN boards in one week, start RN classes in June.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do freelance healthcare interpreting - my last job was with our local health department, interpreting for pregnant patients. Before that, my most regular gig was interpreting for patients during their visits billed to Workman's Comp.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have worked in medical most of my life. I have worked in Pharmacies as a pharmacy tech, worked as a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy in Labor and Delivery Department (was like an LPN), now work as a front desk clerk of a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (casually) and works full time as a Program Support Assistant mainly scheduling GI procedures for a hospital.
  • hectoremilio
    hectoremilio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Program Coordinator at a Christian Nonprofit with pediatric orthopedic hospitals in 27 countries... not sure if that counts :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Program Coordinator at a Christian Nonprofit with pediatric orthopedic hospitals in 27 countries... not sure if that counts :)

I'd say that counts :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Who's job was it?

The woman out front who made bracelets, typed in your info or a registrar, or an operator for the hospital. Are you sure you're an RN? I would think you would know that. Not to be rude, the flowers were nice and all, but a backhanded compliment all the same.

Been an RN for a long time and I'm not too good to answer a phone...
    How long were you a unit clerk?
    There's not one single phone in the ER?
    BTW: where did your first post say you worked in an ER?
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Who's job was it?

Been an RN for a long time and I'm not too good to answer a phone...
    How long were you a unit clerk?
    There's not one single phone in the ER?
    BTW: where did your first post say you worked in an ER?

Question 1.... I don't think anyone is "too good to answer a phone" .Anyone can pick up and say hello. I do it 12 times a day on my cell.
    Question 2.... 5 years.
    Question 3....answering a phone wasn't in my job title. (per say ... as its prob not in your job title either) Yes, there are phones in the ER.
    But they are answering medic calls on the dispatch (which you said your hubby does, so I'm sure you understand.) The only other time I picked up a phone was to order a helicopter or transfer a patient. I don't pick up phones as my "job"... that is where your backhanded comment came in. (In my opinion)
    Question 4... my 1st post didn't... my 2nd post did. And if that is where you're going with it... I shouldn't have to say where I worked and how long and how special I am, for you not to act like my only job is only picking up a phone.

I found your response to be rude, to say the least. Yes, I could pick up phones all day long.... and that is a great job for a lot of people. For me, I work in the medical field ... same as you. Not in insurance. Not in mortgage. Not in teaching.Not in sales. BUT I DO work in the medical field. I sit next to a Doctor and order tests (tests you prob couldn't order yourself bc your don't have my job!) , transfer patients, organize charts, make charts, fix mistakes, determine insurance eligibility, make coffee (for me, not you) sit with you, discuss war stories (again, for me, not you) And do all the crap you don't want to. And any real nurse with a sense of pride in her job and an understanding of everyone who makes her job possible, (just like YOU, who makes a Doctors job possible) would know that... My best friends are nurses!!!
    I'm not a nurse, NOT because I cant be! ... but bc I have no interest in patient care as a job. I realize some people do care about that...and that is a perfect reason why you are a nurse, I am a unit clerk, your husband is in EMT/fire work, and Doctors are Doctors.... but I don't deserve to be the person that graciously answers a phone for you. And I don't want your internet flowers or sarcasm to prove it. Period. :flowerforyou:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Speech Pathologist at a hospital.

Yes, I do more than just teach kids how to speak 'good'. I work with kids, adults, elderly, in a range of caseloads - acute, rehab, palliative, outreach, outpatient....etc.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    @ExplorinLaure:

You know nothing about me or what I do at my job.

I do all the "crap" that you say I "don't want to do".

I order tests.
    I transfer patients.
    I organize charts.
    I make charts.
    I fix mistakes.
    I answer the phone.

I was in no way attempting to disrespect you or the job you perform.

I'm sorry you were offended.

That was not my intention.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    marketing for a pharmaceuticals company.

yep, we are scumbags.

are you the scumbags that used to come to my last case worker job with free food and drug samples? i love you scumbags lol (free pizza chyeaaa!)

that would be us...
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Clinical dietitian
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Data Analyst in the NHS, looking to change career and become either a Physiotherapist or Nurse :bigsmile: