Some people

Options
:mad:

Some people make me fume!
This has nothing to do with weight loss but I needed to get this off my chest and see if anyone had been through the same.
I am sick to death of being used by guys! I have yet to meet a decent guy who's after more than a night. It is beginning to really take its toll on me and make me bitter, I don't want to be one of those woman who hate men but it's getting harder not to!

Sorry to any decent men out there offended but honestly I have yet to meet one of you.

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you've met plenty of them. You've most likely complained to them extensively about your boy troubles. If you keep ending up with a string of bad ones then maybe you should look at the only constant in the situation...
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    Well you're 18 are you dating guys your age? Most 18 year old boys are like that.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Well you're 18 are you dating guys your age? Most 18 year old boys are like that.
    I started dating my now hubby when he was 18( I was 19) .We have been married 26 years now so they are not all like "that".To the OP, don't give up
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    I started dating my now hubby when he was 18( I was 19) .We have been married 26 years now so they are not all like "that".To the OP, don't give up

That's why I said most not all. I met my husband when I was 16 he was 17 we've been together for 8 years. I know.
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    I sound snarky, I'm not trying to be pp.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Try going for the opposite type of guy u normally go for , you obviously choose guys that use
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Try going for the opposite type of guy u normally go for , you obviously choose guys that use

^^^^^This......and try getting to know the guy better before giving yourself :flowerforyou:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

This.

You're not a victim here.

These are choices you're making.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into 5 pages of "men are the devil" because I know plenty of people (male and female) with equally bad intentions.

PS Any females with "bad intentions" feel free to inbox me,
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    My friend just had a horrible break-up and I really like her and we get a long well. I think she knows and would probably be interested, but right now we're just spending time together because I've rushed into things with far too many and messed things up. This is all happening while a guy who pretty much is "THAT" guy from high school... Dated freshman as a senior, would go to the bar and keep ordering drinks for girls who weren't interested and pressure them to come up with him etc... is flirting hard. My other female friend is encouraging those two just to mingle (he's moving away soon) and fall out because she doesn't want ME to be the rebound.

I went from the sincere guy that would be patient, to the sincere guy that rushed into things and messed up, to the I kind just want some action, to back to my original self. I think it's where you catch people is the problem. I feel most comfortable or feel better if I know what I'm getting into rather than asking someone out and then finding out they're crazy / or it won't work out.
  • kaybelieve
    kaybelieve Posts: 118
    Options
    I'd just like to clarify a few things

- I don't give myself up so easy, I am fortunate enough to figure this out before it even gets to that stage but thanks for the concern :laugh:
    - I've already said not all men are the same
    - Never claimed to be the 'victim' I'm aware these are my choices it's just frustrating.
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    There are a lot of great guys out there. Usually you find the right person when you're not even looking.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Stop dating Mancs. In all seriousness you have to go through the weeds and pondlife before you get a decent catch sometimes.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Stop dating Mancs.

Never before were truer words spoken.
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you're looking in the wrong places....
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

This.

You're not a victim here.

These are choices you're making.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into 5 pages of "men are the devil" because I know plenty of people (male and female) with equally bad intentions.

PS Any females with "bad intentions" feel free to inbox me,

hahah
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have yet to meet a decent guy who's after more than a night.

Sorry to any decent men out there offended but honestly I have yet to meet one of you.

Doubt it. Can't tell you how many decent guys I know who constantly listen to members of the man haters women's club and are just ridiculously turned off by it. If you're often on a groan about how men suck or talk like this in front of men, you're never going to get a nibble from a guy who is actually in it for the long haul. They'll be petrified that you're going to constantly look for something to be peeved over, that proves they're just another in a long line of suckage. I know I wouldn't want a man that was convinced that all women were *****es, so why would a guy want a girl who thinks that none of them are decent people?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Any chance you are doing something wrong here? Let them know from the beginning what sort of woman you are and what you want/hope for. Of course guys are going to want to do you if you aren't butt ugly, it's normal. Up to you to say if there is any boundaries that can't be crossed.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Check out your friend zoned male friends -
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Stop dating Mancs. In all seriousness you have to go through the weeds and pondlife before you get a decent catch sometimes.

Hey! I'm a Leeds lass and my hubby is (was) a Manc. :laugh: I managed to drag him to the right side of the Pennines though :laugh:

He sounded like Liam Gallagher to me for the longest time though :laugh:

OP - hunnie you will find someone! I was 26 when I met my husband and had dated some guys that sound like the ones you meet. You are young, free and beautiful. Enjoy it and eventually true love will slap you in the face when you least expect it xxx
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I started dating when I was 19...that didn't go well.

I casually dated one or two guys after that and met my now husband when I was 23. We dated casually and got married a few years later.

Chances are you won't meet the "good ones" until later in life. Younger guys/guys your age are selfish right now...and they're almost definitely not thinking about a permanent ANYTHING....at least not until later in life.