Dog names?

Options
2»

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Well I was originally going to name her Beaker...but when I met her she just didn't look like a Beaker at all.

On the way home (long drive) I was just thinking about what names fit her best. It was either Bunny, Lucy, Cocoa or Zuzu.

My hubby and I talked last night and settled on Zuzu.

Every dog has their own little personality...and she just looks like a Zuzu :)
  • Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    I love the name Beaker!! My wee old man is called Bingo :D
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I love the name Beaker!! My wee old man is called Bingo :D

That's her middle name :)
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like the name Bella!
  • SBDad62
    SBDad62 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just watch out for where Zuzu leaves her petals... ;-)
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Just watch out for where Zuzu leaves her petals... ;-)

Hahahahaha! Glad you got that :)

She was just so cute...and this puppy made me think of that for some reason.

"Look, daddy!!! Paste it!"
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love boxers my baby is a male 3 year old boxer and we named him Guinness. He is my baby and he is great with my kids.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I love boxers my baby is a male 3 year old boxer and we named him Guinness. He is my baby and he is great with my kids.

Awww! SO CUTE! Guinness is an awesome name for a boxer!

I love them. I grew up with cocker spaniels, but my friend in elementary school got a boxer pup named "Dr. Emmett Brown" (From Back to the Future) and I fell in love with him. When he got bigger, they got another boxer, a rescue named Harley.

They're so affectionate, playful and goofy...hard to beat a boxer when it comes to finding a fun dog...I love them!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Awww! SO CUTE! Guinness is an awesome name for a boxer!

I love them. I grew up with cocker spaniels, but my friend in elementary school got a boxer pup named "Dr. Emmett Brown" (From Back to the Future) and I fell in love with him. When he got bigger, they got another boxer, a rescue named Harley.

They're so affectionate, playful and goofy...hard to beat a boxer when it comes to finding a fun dog...I love them!

He is a great dog and he thinks he is a lap dog even though he is 65lbs. I love how loving he is and he just adores my father. This summer he is going to spend a week with my dad at his house. My father has 5 acres so he will get to spend time with grandpa and run ( my dad misses his dog he had a 14 year old beagle named Patches she died on valentines day). He also sleeps with my 9 year old at night I couldn't of asked for a better dog I just wish I could of trained him not to jump.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Well our male dog is already fixed...we'll be getting her fixed when it's time too.

This was also per the breeder's advice and my own research-maybe you lucked out with your boys :)

I definitely saw conflicts between our two cocker spaniels (both female).....and since we both work, I'd be worried about them fighting while we're out...granted we're planning to crate train both of them.

Don't get her fixed too soon (which vets love to do) let her have her first season then think about it. You reap the rewards later in coat quality, etc.

We have 5 cockers (my wife is a hobby breeder) 2 fixed males and three females (1 fixed currently) and we don't see any real aggression between them and certainly no fighting.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    We're thinking about it. Both of us work full time and I don't know what all is involved in breeding...but we will discuss it. We certainly won't rush into anything. :)
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    our dog's name is beulah.

fwiw, you don't have to wait until the dog has come into season to get her fixed. it depends on her health and your circumstances and the veterinarian's advice.

we did wait, but it was an accident! beulah went into season a week after we got her. she had mange, a bacterial infection, giardia, hookworms, fleas...and then she got her period. i felt pretty bad for her.

she's a senior dog now, and nobody can feel bad for her any more, she's pretty spoiled. she has her own personal heater and she can take up 85% of the queen-sized bed and make us feel grateful for the 15% she leaves us!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Booker used to sleep on our bed...now he's too afraid to jump up there...which I guess is good since we bought a brand new (expensive) mattress...but he cuddles with me on his couch upstairs. LoL, if you can call it cuddling-he's a 60 lb boxer who thinks he's a lap dog. We love him to tiny pieces.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I work at a pet store (we don't sell pets) but dogs come in all the time. I love the name boomer, we have a regular chocolate lab named boomer that comes in all the time. I had a beagle for 12 years named Guinness.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Boomer would be really cute for a boy.

My sister has a chocolate lab named Hershey...she had 1 litter of puppies and then she was fixed. They were so sweet.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Aww, I love Beaker!! Too cute!! :smile:
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love ZuZu!!! Great name!