Running with Scissors...

Options
2»

Replies

• MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Friend request sent!

I love to run! I think it is always good to add good people to my great group of friends! :smile:
    I like to run with a smile on my face! Gets positive reactions! hehehe! :smile:
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    So the real question is, who runs with what? I prefer all metal scissors over the ones with plastic handles.
  • MMark2012
    Options
    So the real question is, who runs with what? I prefer all metal scissors over the ones with plastic handles.

I did have to run yesterday(6 miles) with my keys-4 plus keyfob-alarm device. It was difficult, to say the least without any pockets!. hehehe! They went into my Speedo "Splice" bottoms!
    Difficult, but I did it! :smile:
  • Menelaus35
    Options

I did have to run yesterday(6 miles) with my keys-4 plus keyfob-alarm device. It was difficult, to say the least without any pockets!. hehehe! They went into my Speedo "Splice" bottoms!

Yeah, I usually tie my house and car keep to my shoes, but I'm always nervous they'll go flying off and I won't hear them. One time, I did a 10k with a Venti Starbucks in hand.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Been here for a while but need for running friends. I like to run...a lot.

Be my friend?

YES PLEASE!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i run, but not a lot --about 10-13 miles a week. i am following the garmin intermediate 5k training plan, and signed up for a 5k in may. add me if you like.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Hello! I only run with pinking shears.

Leaves a much prettier scar
  • christocentrist
    Options
    Running with mace at night!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    <---slow but steady runner here. Training for my 4th half marathon.

Feel free to add me! (anyone)
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually jog with a machete in my hand. ...it's a great tool, as I find it gets the people around me running as well. Exercise for everyone!
  • MMark2012
    Options
    :

Yeah, I usually tie my house and car keep to my shoes, but I'm always nervous they'll go flying off and I won't hear them. One time, I did a 10k with a Venti Starbucks in hand.
    [/quote]

I hear you! Very funny about the 10K with a Venti Starbucks coffee in hand. The most dangerous run for me(in terms of possibly losing keys, phone, etc) is when I run in the US, on a local mtn.. I run that mtn up/down a few times(small mtn). the point is that the run is extreme and intense. If I lose keys or phone on that mtn, how in heck would I ever find them? Everything must be secure on/or in something. I like hidden pockets, if they have a secure closing, etc. I also like putting money, or a phone in a sports bra(if secure, and does not hurt) All of those instances are when I go "all out" running. Of course I can run easy on that same mtn in flip-flops(really) and just have my keys in my hand. It depends on the intensity. :smile:
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I started running in June of last year and haven't stopped!!

522 Miles since I started keeping track in August 2012, 228 of those in 2013 alone! My first half marathon is on March 16th!

Always looking for new running friends!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I actually jog with a machete in my hand. ...it's a great tool, as I find it gets the people around me running as well. Exercise for everyone!

Haha, love it!!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm just an intervaler ( is that a word?) But I did my first 5k last fall and came in second for my age group.

I have four more I plan to do this year.
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who stopped by and said hello. Now get out there and run your tails off!!!
  • joscy_18
    joscy_18 Posts: 6
    Options
    A newbie here !! I just started running and i love it I wake up every morning with endorphins cravings just to hit the gym :) anyone looking for a running buddy add me !!