Options
jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
How do you deal with it?

Replies

• Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I peek sneakily out the side window and then hunker down in my living room all quiet like until they stop knocking.
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Dont answer the door
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I peek sneakily out the side window and then hunker down in my living room all quiet like until they stop knocking.

Rofl!!

I do the same thing!! I just can't do it to people who know me because they KNOW I'm inside! :grumble:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

^^This! Unless it's my BFF, who knows my house is in a constant state of disarray and that I may or may not be naked, and could not care less.
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have soo done this before!

I don't get hardly any uninvited or unexpected people so it is all good. Mainly cause most people don't know where I love now that I have moved! So that is a nice part. When I was married we had his family stop all the time and talk about uninvited and unexpected... well by me at least! LOL
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Dont answer the door

This.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    LOL, me too. Even if they SEE me, I pretend I'm not there.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with it?

I don't answer the door.

I'm not even joking. If I'm not expecting anyone, and I don't see a Canada Post or FedEx truck out side, I don't go anywhere near the door.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'd buy one of those SCRAM doormats. And when they come to the door, tell them to look down.
  • ajroberts11
    ajroberts11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If they know I'm home (because of the car in the driveway or windows open or whatever) I just tell them it's not a good time for me. I then suggest a time for them to come back. Depending on who it is, that may be in two hours, it maybe in two weeks, or it maybe at a time I KNOW they're not available! :devil:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Like an adult
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Act like a polite hostess and seeth inside.

And then make up a headache.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Like an adult

and then i open the door and punch them in the face.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm Mexican, it's what we do.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It's always someone trying to sell me cookies.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Like an adult

AK9bOG4.gif
  • DarkDiva2005
    Options
    I'm on the opposite side of this because due to my job 9 times out of 10 I AM the unexpected visitor. Honestly the best way to handle us where we don't get upset (I've been made to cry before cuz people can be real nasty) and your blood pressure doesn't go thru the roof is just to answer the door and tell us that it's not a good time and your not interested. Politeness goes an extremely long way. :)
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Living in America it was quite easy to duck and hide until they went away. However, the annoying custom here seems to be to invite the unexpected and UniNvIteD guests into the house and offer a cup of tea....it gets really annoying especially when you don't want visitors and they ruin your plans for the day.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Like an adult

AK9bOG4.gif

Great picture, I love love Felicia Day!!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If they have something to say, I hear them out.
    If they want to stay, I tell them now isn't a good time.