123457»

Replies

• dinkydudette
    Options
    DUH i can celebrate losses way more often

Ahhh. I never thought of this. :happy:
  • aroseyglow
    Options
    I log it. I like to keep as honest as possible. Lying to myself and avoiding the numbers all these years caused me to be overweight so now, I try to just face the numbers whatever they may be. I also keep aware of the fact that as you do lose weight you often gain muscle which weighs more. In the end, it is all about how you feel in your own body.
  • fanakar
    fanakar Posts: 23
    Options
    I weigh every day and only log the lowest weight I achieve. I do not log the fluctuations and I don't count those. The weight is important for knowing calories burned regardless of whether you take this from an exercise machine or a heart rate monitor. Weight fluctuates so much with water retention. If you are using weight as part of your method of knowing calories burned then counting these small fluctuations upwards will lead to an overestimate of calories burned. This could be the difference over the course of a week of anywhere from 300-500 calories depending on the intensity of your workout. By taking the lowest weight, you're more inclined to underestimate rather than overestimate and then inadvertently eat calories you really didn't burn.
  • ginijor
    ginijor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I log whatever the result when I weigh in. Fluctuations are all part of the diet and I journal every detail.

I do the same! Makes me more accountable. Have to take the bad with the good.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, so I don't log gains. I know I'm maintaining a deficit, so I'm not worried about gaining actual fat. It seems silly to log water weight, so I only record new lows.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I record any weight change each week.
  • Penny1328
    Penny1328 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I record whatever the scale says on my log in day. I'm changing my day from Monday to Wednesday. I feel it's more of a neutral day. Monday is too soon after the weekend when I'm more apt to slip up a bit. Logging in on Wednesday gives me a couple days to be a good girl and right my wrong.......lol!