Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE) and Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• williecruiser
    Options
    I think our minds are very powerful. Therefore taking a pill, even a placebo, will help if you THINK it will help. Eat less, of course, move more, yes, take any think you think is helping and let your brain help out.
  • tsand34
    tsand34 Posts: 2
    Options
    What would be more helpful than people just blantly bashing the product or its efficacy is to hear from people who have actually tried the product and did or did not get any results from it.

Then there would be a basis to say the product did or did not work. For those who have never tried the product to comment negatively here is of no help or use to anyone.

Just my two cents.

Tsand34
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    What would be more helpful than people just blantly bashing the product or its efficacy is to hear from people who have actually tried the product and did or did not get any results from it.

Then there would be a basis to say the product did or did not work. For those who have never tried the product to comment negatively here is of no help or use to anyone.

Just my two cents.

Tsand34

Read the success stories - I have yet to read one where the person has said xxx pill was the reason why I succeeded.

I don't have to stab myself in the eye to know it is pointless and a bad idea.

as for
    Im just saying, alot of supplements actually do work with a calorie deficit and exercise....

No, the calorie deficit and exercise worked, the supplement just made your wallet lighter.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Just my two cents.

Tsand34

That's not how it works. Weight loss gimmicks are not assumed to work until proven otherwise. :laugh:
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    Don't waste your money on **** like this.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Gimmick.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Just my two cents.

Tsand34

There are many things I have never tried but can be quite confident don't work out well for those who try it. To not say anything at all would be to encourage people to waste their money, time, and motivation on something that won't work.

That is not what this site is for.

It is utterly demoralizing for people to continually try things that will not work. Why would we want to prolong that for them, or even condone it? We want people to succeed. That means guiding them towards methods that do not include useless pills and desperate hopes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I believe this is the correct answer: Everything you do is awesome. I unconditionally support all of your choices.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    I believe this is the correct answer: Everything you do is awesome. I unconditionally support all of your choices.

:laugh: I've seen you respond with that. It's brilliant!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

:laugh: I've seen you respond with that. It's brilliant!

It has become my new and supportive catchphrase. It seems to be more popular than "We're all going to die anyway".
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't know very much about these products, but I'm sure they will reduce the weight of your bank account if nothing else. I do wish you the very best, however, and if they're the miracle we've all been hoping for, please let us know.
  • tsand34
    tsand34 Posts: 2
    Options
    The original questions was "Has anybody tried either of these?"

I think looking for a factual based answer not an opinion based answer.

So unless you have tried the product or products in question and can give
    a factual answer based on your experience with trying the product, you opinion
    based answer really doesn't answer the orignial question.

Which again was "Has anybody tried either of these?"
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

The answers against is are based on facts. Many of the members with long term success will not credit any of their success to these methods and in fact have found them to be ineffective. Legions of failed diet aid stories will say the same.

They just aren't the answers you want to hear. Huge difference.

Or, try looking at this thread. Compare the posts there to your posts here. Proceed accordingly. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921542-stabbing-yourself-in-the-eye
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I have never tried crack but I am pretty sure that is bad for me...are you saying I have to smoke to have an opinion on it?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why would people bother to respond just to be rude. A friend has lost 20 pounds and claims that the green coffee bean extract has helped tremendously!

I actually haven't seen any rudeness in the responses to the OP. The responders are just being honest that most of this stuff is at best ineffective and at worst can damage your health.
  • KikiRoberts
    Options
    The original question was: have we heard anything about GCBE and Garcinia Cambosia... I am quite sure ppl don't come to my fitness pal to be coddled or disrespected. They are looking for insight or related stories.

To the OP... I think it's great you are experimenting, for those of us who need extra help sometimes. Asling as you are taking the appropriate dosage amount, most research states anywhere from 1600 to 3000mg daily. Pure GCBE extract and pure garcinia cambosia extract are the most effective. The cheaper products like from Walmart have additives and less of the extracts so they will be less likely to produce results.
    Good luck to all!!!
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

Yeah, me too, but learning otherwise....the hard way.
  • nt300
    nt300 Posts: 3
    Options
    Both Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Bean supplementation do work. These extracts cannot be patented for obvious reasons. You cannot patent the coffee bean or a plant.
    Regarding weight gain and how to lose rapid weight naturally, the issue is the food today is full of artificial preservatives, GMO & MSG, just to name a few.
    Eating today’s foods are no longer full of nutrients. What makes your body know whether it’s full or not? Nutrients. Without proper nutrients within the foods today, people end up eating a lot more just to get enough nutrients to signal your body when to stop.
    So you end up eating 2 to 3 times MORE food just to get the proper nutritional value you would normally gain by eating 1 Natural Organically Grown Meal.
    This is the issue everybody faces today. Packing on extra calories, a type of calories that is very difficult for your body to burn off, due to the un-natural aspect of GMO & MSG. Start buying locally grown food; take either or both Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Bean for further assistance in weight loss. Take Garcinia Cambogia before bedtime on an empty stomach and Green Coffee bean 20min before each meal.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The original question was: have we heard anything about GCBE and Garcinia Cambosia... I am quite sure ppl don't come to my fitness pal to be coddled or disrespected. They are looking for insight or related stories.

To the OP... I think it's great you are experimenting, for those of us who need extra help sometimes. Asling as you are taking the appropriate dosage amount, most research states anywhere from 1600 to 3000mg daily. Pure GCBE extract and pure garcinia cambosia extract are the most effective. The cheaper products like from Walmart have additives and less of the extracts so they will be less likely to produce results.
    Good luck to all!!!
    Both Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Bean supplementation do work. These extracts cannot be patented for obvious reasons. You cannot patent the coffee bean or a plant.
    Regarding weight gain and how to lose rapid weight naturally, the issue is the food today is full of artificial preservatives, GMO & MSG, just to name a few.
    Eating today’s foods are no longer full of nutrients. What makes your body know whether it’s full or not? Nutrients. Without proper nutrients within the foods today, people end up eating a lot more just to get enough nutrients to signal your body when to stop.
    So you end up eating 2 to 3 times MORE food just to get the proper nutritional value you would normally gain by eating 1 Natural Organically Grown Meal.
    This is the issue everybody faces today. Packing on extra calories, a type of calories that is very difficult for your body to burn off, due to the un-natural aspect of GMO & MSG. Start buying locally grown food; take either or both Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Bean for further assistance in weight loss. Take Garcinia Cambogia before bedtime on an empty stomach and Green Coffee bean 20min before each meal.

Hmmmmmm. Old post resurrected by two first-time MFP forum posters. Hmmmmmmm...

Last time I checked overweight people aren't being prescribed these tablets to help them lose weight, which suggests to me the evidence isn't strong enough. Think I will continue down the path of eating less than I burn and not wasting my money on supposed weight loss supplements.
  • nt300
    nt300 Posts: 3
    Options
    Nobody will prescribe these tablets to help them lose weight because there is no profit in it nor do they endorse products like these. Only Natural oriented doctors would endorse these natural supplements.
    Don’t confuse the two; the artificial drug industry does not want you to know about natural alternatives.
This discussion has been closed.