What's the biggest thing you struggle with as a dieter?

Options

Replies

• red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how many calories I can eat and still lose weight. Too many carbs? Not enough protein? Increase fiber? I'm constantly trying to find balance.

Also, my husband is not dieting so he is always eating and not gaining weight! He doesn't understand why I can't eat whatever I want and doesn't try to help me with my diet. For example, he offers me cheesecake. Oh joy.
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is staying consistent for longer than a month. I get discouraged when I don't see results right away and I go off of a good program that would help me if I just stuck to it. This site is helping me tho.
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my sweet tooth gets the best of me sometimes-chocolate that is, and I'm not talking about cheap hershey type, I'm talking about the creamy, velvety rich chocolate-major fat/calorie content. I could eat a whole bag of those little Lindt balls. Other than that I'm good.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is Sweets! Plain and simple! Also knowing how much to eat. All this TDEE and BMR stuff has me confused.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    my sweet tooth gets the best of me sometimes-chocolate that is, and I'm not talking about cheap hershey type, I'm talking about the creamy, velvety rich chocolate-major fat/calorie content. I could eat a whole bag of those little Lindt balls. Other than that I'm good.

Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark!
  • Benjiowns
    Benjiowns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned it earlier but body dismorphism is the worst and nothing sucks more than looking in the mirror and thinking you've lost nothing so you go straight to those cookies because "Hey, it's not working anyways."

I still get the first part, been able to get over the responsive eating but it sucks.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I definitely struggle with food!

My problem is if I buy a packet of cakes/biscuits/chocolate I will stuff my face.
  • ragssharkie
    Options
    My friends love to eat out so it has been hard making good choices when eating out,
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sundays, funny to say but on Sundays I am with the family; therefore, it is so easy to make the wrong decision ( food wise).
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    My biggest problem is thinking I'm getting this all down pat. "A little this" and "a little that" won't mess me up. Or as I approach the 100lb mark, thinking that I am done. That I've gotten to where I am wanting to go.

Setting my mind on what is the mission every single day.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Food. I make that shiz WAAAAAY too delicious. :bigsmile:
  • Francena125
    Francena125 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Binge eating.
  • inshapeeasy
    Options
    My friends love to eat out so it has been hard making good choices when eating out,

For sure!
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eating clean comes easy, but I'm a lazy bum and being consistent with exercise is always a push and pull
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    pizza
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like beer. Before I started exercising and eating healthier, I always enjoyed having a cold one with my husband in the evening after a long work day. Now that I've learned how much it slows your metabolism down I've cut it down to once a weak meh :|
  • fisherman11
    Options
    drinking 8 glasses of water a day - I drink lots of tea but apparently that doesn' count as water

Exercise - I have psoriatic arthritis and 3 joint replacements so not very active = though I have some 'sitting' exercises I still forget to do them
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Right now the biggest thing i'm struggling with is to know how many calories i should be eating with all this argument everyone is having over too few calories vs too many calories. Who is able to eat a zillion calories and who is able to eat less than 1200 calories. My head is spinning this morning.
    i agree with this post it does my head in to x
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not eating junk when I am idle...at work I pack fruits for mid morning and mid afternoon snacks but at home it is hard to control. I've decided to let the junk I normally eat get eaten over time when I have calories to spare which means a lot of it will last a long time, then I won't buy the same junk again...to take away the temptation.

Also another hard thing is finding new recipes to try that are healthy and that I would also like to eat.

I've got the portion size thing down thanks to my food scale. and I drink at least 10 cups of water a day.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Beer and fatty greasy delicious meats. I really really enjoy my beer and it has been one of the hardest things to avoid. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but still have 1 or 2 at dinner during the week and usually 6-7 on Fridays and Saturdays. I switched to a light beer which has helped with the calories because it's only 95 a can, but it taste like crap just water basically.

I've also struggled with avoiding greasy food. I don't go to fast food restaurants ever, but I grill out a lot for my family and the smell and taste of brats and burgers on the grill just over whelms me. I also get really weird cravings for raw red meat. I've had them now since I was 18 or 19, it's really weird in a savage animal like way. If I am handling ground beef like to form burgers, it's almost impossible for me not to steal a couple pinches of it before I cook it. When I am having extreme cravings for raw meat I usually go out and buy a high quality sirloin and grind it into ground beef then make a sandwhich on rye bread with onions....freaking delicious!

I've never had a problem with any sweets and frankly could care less for most of them, but meat just gets me every time. When ever I grill out, I over indulge big-time. Last time I borderline binged I ate 2 italians and 1 burger right off the grill, then 2 more of each before the night was over. I could literally live off brats and burgers.