What's the biggest thing you struggle with as a dieter?

Options

Replies

• yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    How long have you got?? But if I had to name one thing it would absolutely have to be how much I miss my Gummy bears!!:smile:
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I am always going to suddenly lose control and end up back at 300lbs again.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge has been avoiding foods that are inconsistent with optimal results, many to which I have a strong cultural attachment. In my immediate and extended family, that includes the following ancestries: German, Irish, Czech, English, Italian, Latino. It's like the United Nations.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    KIDS! :noway:

Yes really.... i am perfect 99% of the time and the kids start(most of the time) and i eat sweet cr@p! just cant help it,i hate weekends and school holidays for that reason! :sad:

:ohwell:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    For me its in the morning if I'm over tired. Immediately I wanna grab a Caffienated Soda or Energy Drink and am trying to keep to just Black Coffee those days. But I'm so used to always drinking coffee that my body is kinda immune to that and I don't feel I am as awake as I should be when I get up sometimes. Also I love Cheese, Swiss Cheese Especially and I was surprised how many calories are in Cheese it seems like that would be a healthy thing but the calories add up quick.
  • inshapeeasy
    Options
    I like beer. Before I started exercising and eating healthier, I always enjoyed having a cold one with my husband in the evening after a long work day. Now that I've learned how much it slows your metabolism down I've cut it down to once a weak meh :|

Being healthier, thats all that counts! : )
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Not falling for the latest fad
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Eating out. I browse nutrition info online for restaurants, and am always surprised when dishes that seem reasonable end up having 1400 calories and 70 grams of fat. Add some bread, a salad, and split an appetizer and it's incredibly easy to have a 2500-calorie meal. It's okay to splurge occasionally, but usually if I can make a choice that I'll still like that fits within my day's calories, I'd rather do that.

Luckily, I finally got a smart phone a few weeks ago. Now if I forget to look up nutrition info before we go, I can do it before I order right there at the restaurant.
  • Katyfat2fit
    Katyfat2fit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    food .... and wanting everything now ! greedynessss
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Social situations. I always overeat when I'm with friends and family.
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mentally wanting to drink a coke even though I vowed not to touch the stuff again!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    food tastes good - food is legal rebellion - no one's gonna make me exercise - excuses/guilt cycle - food tastes good.

I need to be better at following my own advice, stop talking, start acting. At this point I don't care how much I weigh, I just care what I am physically able to do comfortably, like touching my toes, cleaning the house. I may give up the food logging for a week or two and focus on the exercise log just to see if I can get more exercise DONE.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That I now see every food item in terms of calories.
    Binge eating and the guilt that comes with it.
    Not liking social situations that involve food.
    That I can no longer eat processed foods without a hint of guilt even if I was letting myself to have a treat.

Once I eat I don't want to stop ):
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would have to say butter and chocolate. Before I started my lifestyle change, I would drown everything in butter! A 3 lb tub would barely last a week, now it lasts about a month. Every time I would go to the store, I would buy a candy bar and eat it on the way home, or I would have my husband stop on his way home from work and buy me one.

wow. glad you were able to reduce butter consumption, def not good for your cholesterol or heart health! congrats

Thank you!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That I love to cook and...well eat. I have to ask myself before eating something..."can I eat that?" The answer is usually no.

I'm eating at a 500-600 calorie daily deficit and I'm just hungry. I think about food all the time.

I had going out to eat and not know the exact nutritional information of something I'm eating gives me anxiety. i really hate looking at a menu and thinking "there isn't anything I feel safe eating."
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't think you are using a term that really even belongs here. The word "diet" is often associated with the fad type of food changes. I honestly don't struggle with anything, I love to cook I create interesting but healthy meals. If you think eating healthy is dieting, you have something wrong with you.
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Realizing that this is not a diet, but a way of life. I want to be able to eat what I want and not worry about how many calories there are.

Totally my way of thinking. 25 pounds down now 10 at a time :)
  • hyarber32
    hyarber32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My love for sweets!!! Definitely the biggest challenge for me!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    working out after a hard days work
    french fries
    crown royal and pepsies lol
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    Cold Beer