How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you weigh? I'm wondering if it might be more gratifying to wait and do it weekly?

Replies

• exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Every 3 weeks
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Everyday is only to see how different things I do and eat effect my weight. But I only mark down my weight once a week. I am always honest be it a loss or a gain.

edited to change my misspelled word affect or effect...errr I'm not sure which one I use there. =]
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Every night before my shower just to learn how my body fluctuates.

My weigh in is Sat or Sun Morning tho. Regardless if its higher or lower.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    everyday when I wake up.. before my shower. I only mark it down if it changes. It helps me note what foods and habits cause a little drop or rise... and it's sort of an obsession at this point. :)
  • SaMiE2013DiEtINg
    SaMiE2013DiEtINg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same weigh my self every day it's a habit but I look forward to it lol x
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Every day is really effective for me. It helps me see and understand the changes better and keeps me motivated.
    I only record when I have lost at least 2 pounds--and they stayed lost for at least 5 days. I say; "Do what works for you."
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Every 3 weeks

or if you have an angry streak.. lol .. love your pic and banner :)
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    once week..wednesday morning
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those horrible people who weighs every single morning.

Granted, it also gives me a good idea of hormone fluctuations to predict my cycle/fertility, so that's part of it (a small part, but still). I just like to know if I'm retaining a lot of water, or what changes are going on in my body. I've made some definite connections to how my body processes foods and what that effect has on weight and water gain.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I couldnt' weight myself everyday, i'd be so upset to see it go up
    every fortnight <3
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy but I weigh every morning. I only record it once a week.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    in the beginning of my journey i was using my scale every single day. Honestly my body fluctuates so much that i realize now all that did was frustrate me, i then changed to only once a week or once every 2 wks and i was able to see more of a change and also i now understand a bit better how my body tends to naturally go up and down.. Now that i am in maintenance i only really use it maybe once or twice a month sometimes even less than that
  • jojohnson090
    Options
    Every Wednesday morning before I shower or do anything to get ready for the day! (albeit, i go to the bathroom first... get rid of that extra tiny amount of weight haha)
    If I had a long weekend of either drinking or eating more than normal, I might check it on Monday mornings to see if there is a gain but by my "official" wednesday weigh in that extra weight has come off again and usually a pound or 2 extra! After I finish my spring slim down challenge I won't be weighing myself weekly anymore (we have to do the weigh-in for the challenge) but I will probably switch it to every 2 weeks. No point obsessing over a number on a scale. Especially because sooner or later the weight will not be coming off as quickly as it has in my first month and a half. :)
  • Onperch
    Onperch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week on the same day. First thing in the morning before breakfast.

I don't record any weight loss until it's repeated the following week.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Once a month
  • dsm0001
    dsm0001 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking like the majority. Weigh everyday, but log once a week...
  • amyavivah
    amyavivah Posts: 42
    Options
    every morning after i have gone to the lil girls room :o)
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes more than once a day...my scale is in my bathroom, it's just too convenient to hop on. I need to put it away or something.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, same day/time frame.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Every 3/4 weeks. :)