why do you give a fudge what anyone else eats?

Options

Replies

• lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the roadmap macro's and that? I just started and am trying to find anyone else who is doing it.

I've never heard of that. So no lol

Currently I'm doing 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat

macros are 40 carbs-30 fat-30 protein for roadmap... I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, apparently it's this HUGE thing on here that I've never heard of until I signed up on here.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You signed up for a social website that lets you share what you eat. Judging will inherently be in our DNA otherwise without judgement skills we wouldn't be able to assess dangerous situations, die, and therefore not continue as a species.

If you don't want people getting butthurt over what you eat don't bring it up. Problem solved.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the roadmap macro's and that? I just started and am trying to find anyone else who is doing it.

I've never heard of that. So no lol

Currently I'm doing 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat

macros are 40 carbs-30 fat-30 protein for roadmap... I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, apparently it's this HUGE thing on here that I've never heard of until I signed up on here.

my macros were set like that for a while. i think it's pretty standard for mfp actually i've just never heard it referred to as a road map.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm a busybody, plus, in one way or another we all pay for everyone else's health care, so you people best get frickin healthy, goshdanggit!

(Actually, I really don't care too much, so long as they don't eat MY food).
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    You signed up for a social website that lets you share what you eat. Judging will inherently be in our DNA otherwise without judgement skills we wouldn't be able to assess dangerous situations, die, and therefore not continue as a species.

If you don't want people getting butthurt over what you eat don't bring it up. Problem solved.

i really think there is a huge difference in judging dangerous situations and judging people by what the eat but ok. :smile: :smile:
  • lumstead0317
    Options
    my macros were set like that for a while. i think it's pretty standard for mfp actually i've just never heard it referred to as a road map.
    [/quote]

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

This is the article. I'd read it a few times and It just recently stuck... I'm giving it a try!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I dont give a crap until people start writing boo hoo I cant lose weight threads on here asking what theyre doing wrong and then you see all they eat is doritos and ice cream and log in housecleaning as exercise so they can eat those calories back in ding dongs.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

This is the article. I'd read it a few times and It just recently stuck... I'm giving it a try!

The road map can be an amazing tool for some. I looked into it at one point, did all the calculations...for me (stupid body) the 2 different BMR calcs on the fat2fitradio site were so far off from one another that even Dan couldn't tell me which one to use (there's a spreadsheet too, don't know if that carried over onto the newest version of the thread). But I'm losing weight steadily using MFP guidelines so I'm okay with that for now! :D
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Under their calories? "Good job"
    Not under their calories? "Keep logging"
    That's it....what i do is mine, what they do is theirs.....
    UNLESS I am asked...
    ONCE in 9 weeks I saw a plea for help with something for sleep, and metabolism...
    I looked at their diary and said....
    Lose the sugary cereals, cut back on the fast food and sodium
    drink more water.....THAT'S IT... and she asked.....
    Fortunately she emailed me later and thanked me...so I didn't see it as stepping on anyone's toes.....
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie supervised VLCD and I'm getting weight loss surgery in two days.. I had to make my diary closed except to my friends because unsolicited advice was getting too much. Even now I get people messaging me all the time that I shouldn't do the surgery, that I should try "one more time" with XYZ diet or that I'm doing so well without it that I don't need it... FIRST, I KNOW what I'm doing and what I need to do.. and SECOND, I DIDN'T ASK YOU so please mind your own business. I also find it quite funny that most of the unsolicited comments I've gotten have been from morbidly obese people who have lost a whole two pounds on XYZ diet and feel the need to evangelize to me.:ohwell:
  • lumstead0317
    Options

The road map can be an amazing tool for some. I looked into it at one point, did all the calculations...for me (stupid body) the 2 different BMR calcs on the fat2fitradio site were so far off from one another that even Dan couldn't tell me which one to use (there's a spreadsheet too, don't know if that carried over onto the newest version of the thread). But I'm losing weight steadily using MFP guidelines so I'm okay with that for now! :D

I know what you mean!! My one BMI was 29, my other was like 45!!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I dont give a crap until people start writing boo hoo I cant lose weight threads on here asking what theyre doing wrong and then you see all they eat is doritos and ice cream and log in housecleaning as exercise so they can eat those calories back in ding dongs.

LOL so true. And logging driving their car. And reading.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't. Hence why I don't look at other people's diaries and don't share mine. I am here to give/get support. If someone is specifically asking for food ideas or help, I'll give my input where I can. Other than that, their intake is their business.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I only care and question if there's pictures and it looks delicious. "Ooh, what is that? It looks yummy." Also, I typically don't comment on diaries, unless I am asked to.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    No. I won't do paleo. I like pancakes. Works for you? Sweet *kitten* keep it up man!

You ate a whole box of twinkies today? Oh it fit in your macros? Sweet!!!!

Oh you're a low carber? Awesome....I like pancakes....

etc. etc. etc.

If someone is asking for suggestions, fine give them to them. But why criticize someone else for what they put in their own mouth?

*end rant...carry on

[sarcasm font] Because if you're not like me, then you're obviously in need of the wisdom that got me to my current level of amazing. [/sarcasm font]

But seriously, public forum statements inevitably lead to public forum responses, both those in support of and those against. Annoying though it may be, it is the way of the internet. People are typically either trying to shill for a product in a way that benefits them, they are trying to help others avoid mistakes that hurt them, or they are just obnoxious. It's a side effect of liberty.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No. I won't do paleo. I like pancakes. Works for you? Sweet *kitten* keep it up man!

You ate a whole box of twinkies today? Oh it fit in your macros? Sweet!!!!

Oh you're a low carber? Awesome....I like pancakes....

etc. etc. etc.

If someone is asking for suggestions, fine give them to them. But why criticize someone else for what they put in their own mouth?

*end rant...carry on

Yep. Cue the next post of: 'Why do people close their diaries, aren't we all on here to share and learn from each other and yada yada yada'. Because this. That's why!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

i really think there is a huge difference in judging dangerous situations and judging people by what the eat but ok. :smile: :smile:
    I agree, but you can't separate useful judgement from non-useful it's just something you have or you don't.
  • LadyRoff
    LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well said!!! I was ordering chips, and my mother in law said, you cant have them!! I said yes i can!! and i did and i still lost weight! boom!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on the eating habits of others because I know what works for me and that may not be the way to go for another person. If vegan, paleo, 1200 calorie works for you, then great! As for me, I've decided to simply eat smaller portions (especially if I know a food is high in calories/fat, etc) and choosing healthier options (like taking an apple for lunch instead of chips) and I pretty much don't deprive myself (I have a Hershey kiss every day to satisfy my sweet tooth). My weight loss might be slower than other people's but I'm still going in the right direction.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I really don't care how anyone else eats, but sometimes I might chime in if someone wants an opinion. Personally, I eat in such a way that works for me; If I want advice I'll let you know.

Now, enjoy your cakes, cookies, pop tarts and twinkies while I go over here and enjoy some delicious bacon, eggs and steak.