People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Options

Replies

• skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I always just tossed my hair back over the pillow. It was so long it stayed out of my way. I'm using past tense because I cut it off - donated 13" to charity. Currently growing it back out.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Oooh, atop the head is a good idea. As is the bun. And anything that might save my waves for a second day is a-okay with me.

Yup, I do this, too (minus the clip). Just a messy bun - and I even do it while it is a bit wet since I shower in the evenings after going to the gym. In the morning, I get some nice soft waves that I jazz up with some hairspray, and wah-lah! Good to go! :)
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Braids.....
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When mine was Crystal Gail length, I kept it in a bun most nights. Never really bothered me though.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a runner, and had hair halfway down my back, I chopped it off. Think Natalie Maines current 'do. =) Good luck. I miss it sometimes but now it's wash and go, I LOVE it!
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've never done anything with mine. I leave it loose and sleep just fine.
    If I ever do fall asleep with a ponytail or bun in, that's when I wake up in pain!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I put it in a half pony tail (loose pony tail then folded in half). I've since cut it to shoulder length and it doesn't bother me anymore at night.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Loose braid
  • mariaharklesszingales
    Options
    I put my hair right on top of my head in a messy loose bun, when I wake up its a mess and have to fix it but thats ok. I have super long hair and want to chop it off too. But while I sleep it doesnt hurt my head when its on top of my skull. ;) Hope that helps.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Back when I had long hair, I used to put it in two braids or buns kinda behind my ears/back of my head. That way I could lie flat on my back and have my head/neck rest comfortably on the pillow. I liked it too because I was trying to avoid sleeping on my side and when I'd roll during the night, the hair was a reminder to return to the flat-on-my-back position. :) (I've since cut it all off and I kinda miss it.)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If I attempt to restrain my hair while I sleep, I will end up with a knotted mess. Sleeping with long hair has never been a problem for me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    bump for beard tips...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I... sleep... well? :huh:
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I never realized that this would be a problem for women with long hair! My eyes have been opened to your horrible difficulties. I now am going to grow my hair long so my wife can pull it during sexy time and I can see how difficult it actually is to sleep without choking myself to death. Thanks OP!!!!
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Super high pony tail
  • qshama
    qshama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    braid...night or day...just a matter of getting used to it...sometimes in a pony tail...:)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Loose ponytail at the top of my head...saves my curls, doesn't tangle, and I don't end up sleeping on it.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Loose bun on top of my head. But make sure that it's not tight or else you will have a sore head in the morning. I can't stand my hair in my face while I'm sleeping. Drives me nuts!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I sleep quite well, thank you. :wink: