PALEO: Cavemen diet? W.rong

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    No it was on his profile. I was only referring to him.

Ok. Fair enough! :-)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, what is it about eating protein, veg, fruit and fats that you consider needs monitoring?? It's also been stated by many that its what works for your one body...I.e only needs to be for sample size of one- yourself. If pizza and beer works for you then all good but it doesn't work for me

In all honesty this isn't far off how I've eaten for years, I became intolerant to many foods over the last twelve years, I don't find it difficult to eat this way. It's not really an experiment unless you think the last twelve years of my life have been so.

So those of us who do not follow a paleo diet must automatically exist on beer and pizza? Now who is being judgmental?

Context. His profile hardly says those are the ONLY things he eats. He eats what he wants within reason. Moderation and all that.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Iron_Phoenix seems a bit hangry.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Iron_Phoenix seems a bit hangry.

Lol nope, bored thou. I'm always satisfied ;)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, what is it about eating protein, veg, fruit and fats that you consider needs monitoring?? It's also been stated by many that its what works for your one body...I.e only needs to be for sample size of one- yourself. If pizza and beer works for you then all good but it doesn't work for me

In all honesty this isn't far off how I've eaten for years, I became intolerant to many foods over the last twelve years, I don't find it difficult to eat this way. It's not really an experiment unless you think the last twelve years of my life have been so.

So those of us who do not follow a paleo diet must automatically exist on beer and pizza? Now who is being judgmental?

Now I am LOLing. Yes, because I mention in my profile that I consume beer and pizza, I now "exist" on beer and pizza. This is the standard straw man argument of the pseudoscience world: either eat like us, or you eat "junk" food all the time. There is no middle ground.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think I fell asleep...

I'm not worried about the endless debate of the definition of 'paleo'. Really.

A processed card does not equal a natural carb. <-- There I'm summed up paleo for you. Avoid the crap the food companies try to sell you and buy things likes vegetables.

It's not that hard.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lot of people have the wrong idea about this article, and it kind of shows you how offended people can get over nothing. This article isn't bashing the food in a paleo diet, and it isn't saying that there isn't any health benefits. This article is just pointing out the huge misinformation this cult has about how this is what cave men ate, and why blah blah blah, and how this is only what you should be feeding your body, because this is what cave men ate, and our body’s can't process today’s food. This diet really isn't anything new, it just has a new name with a few twists to it, and if it makes you happy to eat it, then eat it, just don't make up reasons why.
    Now can somebody post a couple of articles about shakeology, and Cross Fit so we can watch some more people's heads explode, because they feel like you are disrespecting them.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Now I am LOLing. Yes, because I mention in my profile that I consume beer and pizza, I now "exist" on beer and pizza. This is the standard straw man argument of the pseudoscience world: either eat like us, or you eat "junk" food all the time. There is no middle ground.

Now don't be silly, I never said that's all you eat, now your taking it out of context! But you consider my diet to be unhealthy. There's plenty of middle ground but you claim I need monitoring for a diet rich in vitamins minerals and macros.

And as you said a few times.....good luck with your health ;) lol
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    TL:DR. Snore.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

Now don't be silly, I never said that's all you eat, now your taking it out of context! But you consider my diet to be unhealthy. There's plenty of middle ground but you claim I need monitoring for a diet rich in vitamins minerals and macros.

And as you said a few times.....good luck with your health ;) lol

Yes, "lol." That seems to be the approach here.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lot of people have the wrong idea about this article, and it kind of shows you how offended people can get over nothing. This article isn't bashing the food in a paleo diet, and it isn't saying that there isn't any health benefits. This article is just pointing out the huge misinformation this cult has about how this is what cave men ate, and why blah blah blah, and how this is only what you should be feeding your body, because this is what cave men ate, and our body’s can't process today’s food. This diet really isn't anything new, it just has a new name with a few twists to it, and if it makes you happy to eat it, then eat it, just don't make up reasons why.

^this
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    @Wendy

Voluntary calorie restriction that places a person in a calorie deficit has the same biochemical and physiological effect. Consequently, the diet that natural selection chose as the most metabolically efficient, where the brain is fueled endogenously, might be a good starting point for someone with a clue.

What I'm doing now is working great! Thanks for your concern! Best of luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

easy-mkay-meme-generator-it-s-easy-mkay-e60ce3.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    [Off topic but...]

How on earth do many people learn anything (about anything) if they find something like this too long to read? Wow. Read!!!

eta: fixed typo

:drinker:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

^this

Don't be silly - that would involve actually reading the article before deploying your pre-prepared rant.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

^this

Don't be silly - that would involve actually reading the article before deploying your pre-prepared rant.

tldr3.gif
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    All I can say is when I eat Paleo, I feel good and can maintain/lose weight, when I add grains, I feel like crap & rapidly gain weight, and when I eat PROCESSED foods, I feel horrible and rapidly gain weight....and I'd say most grains are extremely processed. I'd say by far, Paleo is whole foods based...you either kill it, or pull it out of the ground and eat it. Humans have NOT evolved into eating highly processed foods as you can see from all the obesity and health problems. So paleo or not, the main thing is highly processed foods and foods with ingredients that are more than 3 syllables are NOT good for you....so you can rag on paleo, but by far the problem with diet in America is foods that come out of a box or bag!!!! If you look at other countries, let's say Japan, they eat rice (a grain) and they are generally healthier than Americans. Also Italians eat Pasta, and generally healthier...so can we say, high stress, no sleep, processed foods are to blame? Hmmm think about it. But my thing: GO PALEO!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

^this

True, but is was like, um 5 paragraphs, and apparently that's too long to read. :ohwell:
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

^this

Yes. This.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @Wendy

Voluntary calorie restriction that places a person in a calorie deficit has the same biochemical and physiological effect. Consequently, the diet that natural selection chose as the most metabolically efficient, where the brain is fueled endogenously, might be a good starting point for someone with a clue.

What I'm doing now is working great! Thanks for your concern! Best of luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

easy-mkay-meme-generator-it-s-easy-mkay-e60ce3.jpg

Needless to say. Keep winning.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    All I can say is when I eat Paleo, I feel good and can maintain/lose weight, when I add grains, I feel like crap & rapidly gain weight, and when I eat PROCESSED foods, I feel horrible and rapidly gain weight....and I'd say most grains are extremely processed. I'd say by far, Paleo is whole foods based...you either kill it, or pull it out of the ground and eat it. Humans have NOT evolved into eating highly processed foods as you can see from all the obesity and health problems. So paleo or not, the main thing is highly processed foods and foods with ingredients that are more than 3 syllables are NOT good for you....so you can rag on paleo, but by far the problem with diet in America is foods that come out of a box or bag!!!! If you look at other countries, let's say Japan, they eat rice (a grain) and they are generally healthier than Americans. Also Italians eat Pasta, and generally healthier...so can we say, high stress, no sleep, processed foods are to blame? Hmmm think about it. But my thing: GO PALEO!

But what if sweet potatoes are in the ingredients list. They come out of the ground. How about avocado? They come from trees.