What grinds my gears while running

Options

Replies

• Missa4
    Missa4 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just this past weekend my Hubby texted in the middle of my dance workout. I replied that I was in the middle of a dance workout. All of a sudden my phone blows up with, "What kind of dancing?" "Send me a picture!" "You never dance for me anymore," etc. Really?? We've tried running together, but his legs are so much longer than mine, he ends up walking while I'm running. Makes me feel like such a looser :(
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeap - mine is the same way. He either wants to know when I'm finished and be home or gets up in my "space" and gropes if I'm at home. One day I'm gonna drop the weights on his foot & see if he gets the hint.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    That's why I work it at the gym or run outside :laugh:

My interruptions are more so my two minions rather that my mad scientist however
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    Me in the "zone" (loud music in both ears/tv on closed caption) and my husband coming down to tell me some bullsh!t like "you should see the bathroom", or "our best friend is moving out of state". Can't is wait 30min until I'm done? P!sses me right off.

Tell him that when you are working out you don't want to be disturbed unless someone is gushing blood. Then enforce it. Don't even let him get the sentence out. Just ask "Is someone bleeding?" If yes, go help them. If no tell him to go away.

If he can't respect that, you need to have a bigger conversation.
    I used to tell my kids when I was about to go on the phone: Don't bother me unless you have a bone sticking out or you're on fire. Sure enough, they'd come bug me! I'd say, Are you on fire? They would check and say no, so I would say, Do you have a bone sticking out? They'd check and say No, so I would say, go away then, whatever it is isn't important! LOL

I do my exercise videos when no one is home or when the boys are playing. I run outside and not much bothers me there. Yet. LOL
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My husband has this really annoying habit of texting me in the middle of my karate class. About the stupidest things! I keep telling him that from the moment I walk out the door until I walk back in, unless it's REALLY important, he shouldn't text me. At all.

I drive an hour to get there - it's a class that's a bit out of the way, but I've known my Sensei for a very long time and can't imagine going anywhere else! - and as soon as I get there, class starts. We use an empty gym in a church building, so our stuff is just piled by the wall for the two hours we're working together. As soon as class is over, I'm back in my car for another hour and a half. NO WHERE in there do I have time to check/reply to a text message about where the baby wipes are. Go find them yourself, for goodness' sake! I won't be able to reply in time!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Run outside. It's better.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Me in the "zone" (loud music in both ears/tv on closed caption) and my husband coming down to tell me some bullsh!t like "you should see the bathroom", or "our best friend is moving out of state". Can't is wait 30min until I'm done? P!sses me right off.
    Have you told him it pisses you off? Or just only posted here to MFP?
    ^^ Do that. Then when your husband asks why you are gone all the time running. Tell him its because he kept bothering you while at the house.
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    People with dogs!!! :mad:

Not all of them (THANK YOU TO THE CONSIDERATE ONES)...the ones with..."Oh he/she don't bite" , the ones that ignore the "Keep 'Em On A Leash" sign and allow their dog to run up to you for a sniff or two, the ones that act like the whole sidewalk should be used for your dog....I don't blame the dogs...:grumble:
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Why I run outside - no husband, no kids - just me and whatever book I'm reading in my ears.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My husband has this really annoying habit of texting me in the middle of my karate class. About the stupidest things! I keep telling him that from the moment I walk out the door until I walk back in, unless it's REALLY important, he shouldn't text me. At all.

You carry your phone on you when you're in a karate class?:huh: I'd be annoyed if I were the instructor and 1) your phone kept going off and 2) you stopped to answer it.

What grinds my gears when I"m running is when I'm able to run outside is not seeing the pothole that I stepped in and twisted my ankle on.

Right now it's still cold, my road is still icy in spots and super muddy in others and the main roads have a ton of puddles so when I do run it's on the TM either at home or at the gym before lifting.
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wannabe nobodies who jump on the machine next to you and go like a bat out of hell for all of 5 minutes

Usually these wannabes have no incline resistance on......and then they get excited about how far they ran

Rant over, their mothers must love them !
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options

You carry your phone on you when you're in a karate class?:huh: I'd be annoyed if I were the instructor and 1) your phone kept going off and 2) you stopped to answer it.

No no no, it's in my bag against the wall. I usually remember to turn it off, but if I get there late due to traffic it may slip my mind. We're pretty casual, but I never stop to answer it. I'd be doing push ups for ages if I did. :P I just wait until our short water break and then turn it off.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

No no no, it's in my bag against the wall. I usually remember to turn it off, but if I get there late due to traffic it may slip my mind. We're pretty casual, but I never stop to answer it. I'd be doing push ups for ages if I did. :P I just wait until our short water break and then turn it off.

Gotcha.

I didn't think your karate instructor would let you get away with chit chatting during class! :)
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    so you are saying that its rude of me to throw cheese puffs at my wife when shes on the treadmill? Im just trying to get her attention, so she can make me a sandwich, otherwise i would have to miss part of the game or pause it (but as we all know that is bad luck and could cost my team the win).

btw. it REALLY ticks me off when she gets off that stupid machine and then puts that low fat mayo on my sandwich or forgets the chili on top of my fries. I mean. how hard can it be?

obviously im joking. my wife and I support each other in our workouts and help each other eat properly and im blessed to have her in my life. for the record i dont even have a treadmill in the house (much less cheese puffs)
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Have you told him it pisses you off? Or just only posted here to MFP?

Oh no, I keep it all to myself and just act pissy twards him without his knowledge of what he has done, but everyone else knows. The key to a healthy marriage, is it not?
    ^^ Do that. Then when your husband asks why you are gone all the time running. Tell him its because he kept bothering you while at the house.

This is the plan when it gets warmer out. I start my runs at 5a, so this only happens when I run on the weekend when we are both home. I am going to start running on the weekends outside to change it up...but not until the cold weather is gone
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That sucks that so many of you are married to incompatible partners.

I could never marry someone who doesn't value exercise the same as I do and therefore would never interrupt me during a workout.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    LOL Yes, he's a terrible husband/best friend. Not sure how I have put up with him wanting to spend time with me for 20yrs. Your right....I should search for someone who doesn't want to spend any time with me at all. I should have known....

To all the rest of us in situations that don't include over-possesive, *kitten*-hat hubbys, thanks for seeing this has a light-hearted post/mini vent.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I love to run outside when the weather is nice. I live in a rural neighborhood with a lot of close family and friends living in the same area.

All the time they will pass me jogging in their car/ motorcycle and slow down like they want t quick chat. I am usually just rude and run past with a quick wave. I don't want to stop or turn my tunes off.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why do you have your cell phones on you when you're doing your karata, dance, etc. Put them down! Learn the death stare! Kids have learned to leave me alone-lol
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wannabe nobodies who jump on the machine next to you and go like a bat out of hell for all of 5 minutes

Usually these wannabes have no incline resistance on......and then they get excited about how far they ran

Rant over, their mothers must love them !
    This just happened today....:explode: