People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I either do a loose-ish top of head braid that I can direct over the top of my pillow at night or just pick up my hair, lay down, and drop my hair into the space above the pillow. I also wedge a second pillow between the mattress and bed frame to keep my hair from dropping over the edge of the mattress to hang toward the floor because that pulls. I'm a master tosser and turner but my hair stays pretty much out of my way.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I had very long hair, I would put it in a braid while sleeping.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Gather it up on the very top of my head and secure with a large alligator clip. All very loosely because I can't stand to feel anything pulling.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When I was in the hospital my Mom braided me hair on each side. that was comfortable for me and I could sleep.

Or you could go bald
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    b52afe3d-a3c4-4ae5-81a2-4621d1f79e90_zpsb2c34797.jpg

WITH IT IN A PILE ON TOP OF MEEEEE DOME.....
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I generally lay down horizontally
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    im pretty lazy when it comes to my hair at night lol... i wash it and just go to bed on it lol, no drying it or putting it in a bun.. & i straighten it in the mornings
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I use a scrunchy thing (don't use ponytail holder...too tight) and pull it up in a pony on top of your head...No hump, and not uncomfortable either. Looks frightening, but that's for my husband to get over, haha!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Loose bun, loose pony or half-pony
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    loose braid and then straighteners first thing to iron out the kinks.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I sleep on it and face the repercussions in the morning lol.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Same as I did when my hair was short.....with one eye open.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I sleep on it and face the repercussions in the morning lol.

Every night!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have actually never thought of it, it doesn't bother me, sometimes I'll just pull it behind me if I'm sleeping on my side so I'm not on it but other than that I don't do anything different
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's so annoying! I try o put it in a loose bun on the top of my head but it comes out and I ends up under my back, pulling my neck. If I make the bun tighter it just gives me a headache. I should just chop it but I don't wear short hair well.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just leave it down, then you can scoop it out of the way if need be. My hair is almost to my butt and has been for many years and I never sleep with it back for any reason.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I never knew people had a problem sleeping with long hair?

I have long hair and I just sleep with it down...
  • laurajcrampton
    Options
    It doesn't bother me in the winter, but in the summer, I french plait it every night.

If my fiancé rolls on it, I kick him. Simples.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I never knew people had a problem sleeping with long hair?

I have long hair and I just sleep with it down...

Same here.

I've always had long hair and it's never bothered me much when I sleep. Bothers me more when I'm awake. I wear it down or in a ponytail to go to bed.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oooh, atop the head is a good idea. As is the bun. And anything that might save my waves for a second day is a-okay with me.

my daughter has really curly hair and i put several braids in it to encourage the wave.