New here transitioning over from Weight Watchers

Options
Hi,

I am new to MFP.. I am currently on weight watchers as well but I am transitioning over because MFP is free and I've heard great things about it.

Replies

• crksmith1976
    crksmith1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynnese!
    I just wanted to say welcome. I am new to MFP, too (today) AND just transitioning from Weight watchers. I was a member of ww since October last year, and where my friends and family all lost I didn't. Really frustrated, I looked online and found other ww members experiencing the same thing, someone mentioned Fitness pal. That's how I found it. Welcome to the team. :)
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too did the WW thing but quit because of expense and frustration over them constantly changing the system in order to make more money off of the literature etc.
    I am finding MFP to be very helpful and easy to use. I am learning allot about what I am eating to much of or not enough of. Good Luck, add me if you like:smile:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I tried WW twice and just wasnt for me. I love MFP, add me if you like.
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, feel free to add me :)
  • iveyroze3
    iveyroze3 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome
    This site is wonderful
    the support and motivation here is off the hook. Feel free to add me. I'm on several times a day. In it for the long haul.60 more lbs to lose.
  • saperilla
    saperilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    same here !! I went to WW and SW and other slimming groups and always found them to be money-grabbing outfits that did nothing for me. Everyone always seemed to know everyone else and everyone was loosing weight. Whereas I didn't know anyone else there and couldn't get the hang of counting the points and eating the right products. Lots of people there already looked like they were super-skinny and didn't need to loose weight at all. This is much more like it, in my opinion !!
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    YAY! I do MFP as well as Weight Watchers too! Would be interested to find out how you think they compare :)
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a friend invite now.It is free and a great tool to use. I stay on my goals because I have such a great support group. Anyone on here please feel free to add me. I think it helps to have a huge support group. Good luck everyone!
  • WannaBeFitJean
    WannaBeFitJean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP... im into my 3rd week... and have lost 4 pounds :) I love this site!
    Feel free to add me ... anyone.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was on WW too, but hated that they kept chaning the program just to make more $$. MFP is great!
  • NSmokler
    NSmokler Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! I was also on WW and got to a certain point and had difficulty after about 25 lbs down. I am hoping that this will do the trick and you cannot beat free!
    Add me as a friend if you wish!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm still doing WW along with MFP but after this month I will no longer be doing WW. I had a lot of success with WW but have decided to drop it since I've been tracking on both for so long I figured I might as well save my $20 for other things. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MFP >> WW

#truth
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just transitioned from WW to MFP about a month ago. I had results with WW, just find this to be a more positive and motivating environment. I'm having successes here too. And it's free. :)
  • RoseOhio
    RoseOhio Posts: 6
    Options
    Another former WW Lifetime. I have done WW a couple of times and love it, really worked for me, but I can't maintain it. It s so expensive. I am loving MFP so much, really easy to use, enjoying making friends.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to do WW, and I have been on MFP for the past year. Set your goals to 1 pound a week and eat at least 80% of your exercise calories!
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynnese :-) I haven't tried WW but 4years ago I did spend A LOT on a 24 hr fitness personal trainer, lost 100 lbs, couldnt't afford it any longer in "these tough economic times", regained 70 lbs, and was too ashamed to go back to the gym :-/ I spent the last few years popping in and out of MFP but now I am back. I finally decided to stop looking fo quick fix and take it one day at a time. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It helps people like me take a long hard look in the mirror and face the fear in order to embrace the change.
  • Linda8989
    Linda8989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started up here a few days ago and am loving it! I was on WW for over 3 yrs, lost over 100 lbs, but hit a point where I couldn't lose the rest. So here I am. I'm going to send you an add.
  • jal16jal
    jal16jal Posts: 20
    Options
    I have done ww before but I am now transitioning off of a weight loss program that had me eating 672 calories a day. I am learning so I hope I make it to my goal weight. Add me if you would like.
  • ndixon
    ndixon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynnese, I converted from WW this week too. It didn't work for me, not sure why, but I had better results monitoring all of the macronutrients with body bugg and I like this site because it's free. Welcome and good luck! :)