People with long hair - how do you sleep at night?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, why can't you sleep with your hair just down??

My hair is very long and I don't do anything with it. I just get into bed, put my head on the pillow and...sleep :yawn:
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, why can't you sleep with your hair just down??

My hair is very long and I don't do anything with it. I just get into bed, put my head on the pillow and...sleep :yawn:

I'm a light sleeper and we always sleep with the ceiling fan on. So, either the fan blows the hair around my face which drives me nuts, I end up tangled in it, or my husband ends up rolling on it and wakes me up.

I pull it into a low pony and tuck it inside my shirt. The high, loose bun works pretty well too, but tends to fall out more for me on particularly restless nights.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my hair, on my head :) and wake up looking like a wild animal attacked me ! :drinker:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What do you do with the hair?

My hair(mixed race) is hip length, so I generally comb and brush it out first, before loose plaiting it (higher setting) - one plait or pig tails. With pig tails, I leave the plaits down (I tend to tuck the ends in - no ties). If it's a one plait, I usually roll it into a bun atop my head and tuck it.

I sleep in the same position all night long, so I rarely ever mess it up in mid-sleep. :smile:
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I put my 24 inch hair in a loose pony tail over my shoulder. I have had long hair all my life and whether it is loose or tied I never have a problem with sleeping except , if my husband gets on my pillow and lays on it and I roll away. OUCH :noway:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I sleep on my side and my husband sleeps next to me.. so I lift my hair up on the pillow and have it lay north of my head and hanging off the edge towards me so it isn't in his face. Of course my hair is down to my tailbone in length, so it's pretty long..

I do the same. I just hoist it above my head so it's up on the pillow and in the space between it and the headboard.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I braid mine to avoid it getting too tangled.

It really isn't a major issue for me.
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    Try a snood. That's kind of like a hair net, but not a ugly. They are really loose and keep hair out of the way.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do kind of a bow bun with my hairband in the middle - it's at the top of my head. It stays up pretty well, but does not pull on my hair. When I am oiling or deep conditioning, I French braid it, and I always sleep on a satin pillowcase.

I have waist length curly hair.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just Leave it down.. Or ill get a headache.. D:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    2 plaits 1 on either side is good, so my long curly hair doesn't knot at the nape.
    When wet if I twist it - it stays twisted till the next wash.
    Satin pillow slips help snags but I don't like them on my face.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I leave my hair down when I go to sleep.
  • YouGonnaEatThat
    Options
    Hair is to my butt. I put it in a loose braid otherwise I swear it comes to life at night and tries to strangle me.

haha. My hair at night almost makes me feel like I'm being tied down or something lol I have a panic attack because it gets wrapped around my neck. I feel like I can't breathe unless it's up.
  • JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    i usually just put my hair behind my head straight out. it feels to strange to put it up when i sleep
  • citygirlkate
    Options
    As many people said, I put it in a bun, ballerina style. Keeps it out of my face/neck/my husbands arm pit.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Large pin curls
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the other posts, but I just flick all my hair behind me on the pillow and I have no problems with it. That or keep it in the low, loose ponytail.