65 pounds gone. Happy Birthday to me! (with pics)

Options

Replies

• WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hi,
    Yesterday was my birthday. My best present was knowing that I've lost 65 pounds in the past 11 months.
    I made some promises to myself yesterday and I'm telling everyone so that I have to keep them. Here goes:
    I will stop telling myself how far I have to go and be proud that I've made it this far.
    I will stop making self-deprecating jokes.
    I will accept people's compliments and not qualify them.
    I will just go for things. It doesn't matter if I'm scared or not quite ready.
    I will trust what people say I look like. I can't see it myself, but I will believe my friends when they tell me I look different.

Okay, background info: I am 5'4" and 27 years old. I've been overweight since I was about 15. Last year I hit a high weight of 240 pounds. I haven't been under 200 pounds for about 6 years. Now I am down to 175.
    So, here are the pics I promised!

This is me at 240 pounds. This picture is from a trip I took to San Francisco and was the catalyst to my weight loss. I couldn't believe I looked this big.
    DdMuuaXl.jpg

This is me last week after my 5k and Polar Plunge. In case you're ever wondering, lakes are still really cold in March in Minnesota :-)
    xCNAkovl.jpg

Next step for me is the Rugged Maniac in June. Expect to see muddy, smiling pics. Possibly some injuries, but definitely smiles :-)

What an awesome transformation. You look great. Very inspiring. Keep up the good job!
  • dylansmom87
    dylansmom87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic. Happy Birthday !!!!! you look great
  • homecamp
    homecamp Posts: 17
    Options
    Very Happy you also!! Great work!
    Your face shows how very happy you are!! :happy:
  • lalaglo30
    lalaglo30 Posts: 33
    Options
    Amazing job you are definitely inspiring me!
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW, the transformation is amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Girl you look amazing! Wow!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Happy Birthday! What a present to yourself.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and the smile is killer. Congrats and best wishes for continued success. Laslty, happy belated brithday!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!!! Happy belated birthday!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look amazing!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Kellzaleo
    Kellzaleo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I also registered and have a team for the Rugged Maniac! Hope to see you there~ Way to go on your accomplishments! Very motivating!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW....That's amazing and Happy Birthday...You look Great..
  • sundy2603
    sundy2603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look girl! Just give me some inspiration for my birthday in 8 days!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Wow girl!! WAY TO GO!!!!
  • gammols
    gammols Posts: 12
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming, they are inspiring. You look great!
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    Wow! Awesome. You look great!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got a couple messages about this. Here's the gist of what I do:
    I eat 1700+ calories a day
    I haven't cut out any foods
    I stopped eating mindlessly
    I track everything I eat. I've been tracking since August, so if I just have a bite of something I have a good idea of the calories and often I just quick add. Outside of that, I'm pretty precise.
    I workout A LOT
    I do yoga
    I lift weights (I just made it to 295 lbs on the leg press :-) I'm proud)
    I run, not fast, not far, but I run
    I work full-time and am in school full-time, so I do a lot of my reading at the gym
    I do every machine in the gym. I get bored from day to day, so I do different things
    I fidget. I'm just always moving.
    2.5 months ago I got a bodymedia armband that I love and always wear.
    I don't regret anything I do. Sometimes I make bad choices, but I let them go and start making good choices again.
    The biggest thing for me was the mindset change. I used to think it was hard for me to lose weight because I was different (I have PCOS, I have exercise induced asthma, I have no free time), but then I realized that it is hard for me because I'm like everyone else. Weight loss is hard and we all have something in the way. When I stopped making excuses I figured out how to push through my wall.
    Let me know if you hsve more questions!
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A big congrats to you. So glad members share these stories with the rest it really does help and give you some wonderful inspiration to know that you can do it to. Thanks again and just wonderful to read your story and see your progress.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation and i love your promises to yourself.
    You should be incredibly proud of yourself- you look fantastic, healthy, fit, and beautiful.
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome - great job losing weight and being more active!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!