HELP! Sweating is ruining my face :(

Options
124»

Replies

• ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cetaphil definitely! :) It's made for sensitive skin. Sweat would make my face burn and itch as well. Once I started using this it all went away.
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I exfoliate with apricot scrub then i use an astrigen and moisturizer. And once a week i make a face mask with honey and lemon :) i like home remedies.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    After everyone started raving about it, I've picked up some coconut oil. A little goes a LONG way, and it was $5 at Trader Joes.

This is a bad idea. Coconut oil is highly comedogenic. You never see it as an ingredient in skin lotions (not in pure unmodified form, anyway). If you want to use oils to moisturize, try something like jojoba or apricot kernel.

OP, I would suggest washing your face with water right after a workout--don't let the sweat sit on your face.

As for cleansers, it's highly individualized. I've been using L'Oreal go 360 clean facial cleanser for sensitive skin with great results, in combination with an Aveeno moisturizer. The cleanser is under $10, comes with a little scrublet so you can massage your face with it, and lasts a while.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    ... Also (sorry, just saw your summary post, OP):

Simply washing your face with water may work for you, but don't overdo it--water is not acidic enough to match your skin's pH balance. To get closer to your skin's natural pH, you want something slightly acidic, like diluted vinegar or citric acid. Diluted. Some people use apple cider vinegar, for example (there's this belief that it's magic, but I personally cannot stand the smell of it). Anyway, you could try a toner with a cotton pad/ball instead of water washing after a workout.
  • crazycleo
    crazycleo Posts: 36
    Options
    When washing your face, never use a loofa/sponge/face cloth. All of those things just rub the bacteria all over your face. Wash with your hands in warm water (to open pores) I like tersaseptic or spectro but any mild medicated cleanser will do. Than rinse your face with cold water in order to close your pores back up.
    Wash twice a day (and after workouts), keep your pillow cases clean. Don't wear liquid foundation or cover up (I know you may want to, to cover up pimples but it just clogs your pores all over again!). If you find that your face gets really oily then use an astringent on a cotton ball to clean it up, clean and clear and proactive make good ones.
    For the pimples that you have now, use polysporin to kill bacteria (the cream, not the gel) or an anti-pimple cream (spectro makes a good one) to get rid of them fast.
    If your face gets too dry, use an oil free moisturizer (but avoid major problem areas).
    Hope this helps, learned this through years of acne prevention!
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Peter Thomas Roth Max Correcting pads. I think they are beta hydroxy acids which aren't irritating like AHA....good for anti-aging AND breakouts. Made a huge difference in just days for me. And yeah, washing with plain old Cetaphil is about the best stuff out there. I use the pre-moistened cleaning wipes from Olay if I am feeling lazy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This won't necessarily help from the exercise part, but if you put on a clean pillowcase every night, it's supposed to help acne in general.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

* Not enough hydration, drying out of the skin makes it more oily and helps to create blockage that causes acne.
    * Not enough moisture, this ties in to hydration a bit because hydration can leave skin dry or if you live in a hot dry climate this can cause drying out. Extra moisturizer on your face each day can help

How does not drinking enough water make your skin oily? I live in Chicago and the winter cold dries out my skin, not the summer. Is my skin different because I hear people say heat dries their skin all the time. My skin is so dry this year I'm trying a new moisturizer because suddenly my old one is crap and I drink lots of water.
  • ces10
    ces10 Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump.
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options
    I had this problem for the first week.... i use loreal 360 deep face cleasner with the little scrubber and they are gone.. like someone else said make sure you use something that will deep cleanse your face aka a facial pouf,scubber, cloth etc... i use to be in loooove with olay facial cloths and st ive's apricot scrub..funny how things stop working ::shrug::
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Working out will make you sweat no matter the intensity...So think of it almost as having "oily" skin.

I have sensitive skin so use SpectroDerm Sensitive, they also have a blemish control moisturizer that I know of so should have the cleanser for that as well.

As a moisturizer, I use Cetaphil. For me (in Canada) it goes for around 20$ give or take, fragrabce-free, non-greasy...All that stuff you don't want in a moisturizer is not in the formula.

As an exfoliant scrubs work well though I prefer to use Epsom Salts since it is gentler on my skin and only costs about 5$ or so depending on the tub size
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Heya,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned just yet.... but it is definitely a good idea to wear a headband to get hair off the face when you work out. I have found that the stray hairs and sweat can aggravate skin like no tomorrow while working out.

Hope this helps.
  • BigManMoving
    Options
    Biore Face wash works well.

The real name is Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser