Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options

Replies

• TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I say that if you are already using MyFitnessPal to HELP yourself be more healthy,then if you would like to experiment with supplements that may support you in your journey, GO AHEAD!!! We know that there is no magic easy pill, but I see nothing wrong with using supplements to assist you.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

Edited to remove "name-calling." Hey, at last they will scream at me now instead of you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I started taking it on March 1st, and I have lost 6 lbs. I am doing IF, exercising 5-6x a week mostly 5x, eating at a deficit, and trying to watch my carb intake keeping it around 100 g but I love chocolate to much so usually I end up around 125g. Iam going to keep up with what I am doing. Good luck to you!
    The bolded part is what is creating the desired effect.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    You need to add a disclaimer to your Original Post that says: "if you are a self-righteous, skinny person who is going to be total @ss, please do not reply to my question." People get off on being rude I swear!

I say that if you are already using MyFitnessPal to HELP yourself be more healthy,then if you would like to experiment with supplements that may support you in your journey, GO AHEAD!!! We know that there is no magic easy pill, but I see nothing wrong with using supplements to assist you.

a) this post above was the rudest post on this thread
    b) some "supplements" can kill you. once upon a time ephedrine was the latest and greatest weight loss gimmick, until people started to die from it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You need to add a disclaimer to your Original Post that says: "if you are a self-righteous, skinny person who is going to be total @ss, please do not reply to my question." People get off on being rude I swear!

Whoa. Self righteous skinny person? How the hell do you think I got to be skinny? Not by taking pills, I'll tell you that much. So will the members who have had long term success. Also, boo to your name calling. No one was rude here until you started calling people names.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    Options

b) some "supplements" can kill you. once upon a time ephedrine was the latest and greatest weight loss gimmick, until people started to die from it.

My apologies if you were offended, but I have seen over and over and over how frequent posters will CRUCIFY someone for asking a question!!! It is rude and unnecessary!!! And she was asking about coffee bean extract, not phentermine or crack.... most of it is decaffeinated.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

My apologies if you were offended,

Nice non-apology there.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options

My apologies if you were offended, but I have seen over and over and over how frequent posters will CRUCIFY someone for asking a question!!! It is rude and unnecessary!!! And she was asking about coffee bean extract, not phentermine or crack.... most of it is decaffeinated.

Soooo if for the 2 people that felt this post was rude; she didn't mention anyones names and yet you felt that it applied to YOU? Does that mean you actually feel like what you've been saying was rude or people would take it as being rude? Because I didn't feel it applied to me... :laugh:
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I miss ephedrine.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Most of these pills have the placebo effect. They say oh this pill will give you more energy and suppress your appetite. You start taking it and the first day you think you have more energy and start doing more activity than before. Next thing you know you've lost weight. They trick you into doing the things you can do without the pill to lose weight. If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say oh I can't change the way I eat/ buys a diet pill and follows the pill diet plan and loses weight. Its not the pill, its the diet. We have to remember that weight loss is a big industry. There's a lot of money in it because people become desperate and will spend 1000's of dollars on anything that says it will make you lose weight.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

Soooo if for the 2 people that felt this post was rude; she didn't mention anyones names and yet you felt that it applied to YOU? Does that mean you actually feel like what you've been saying was rude or people would take it as being rude? Because I didn't feel it applied to me... :laugh:

I find myself shocked to be arguing this, but in general, isn't calling people *kitten* rude to begin with? I could be wrong. Maybe it's a quaint colloquial vernacular where you're from.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

i'm not offended at the self-righteous or skinny remark. i am neither.

i do get irritated at the repeated but unsupported claims of "rudeness" thrown around here so easily. please tell me exactly what was said on this thread that was rude. i want to know because i genuinely don't see it. i see bluntness. i see an unwillingness by some to cater to diet fad/pill/gimmick mentalities. i don't see rudeness. rudeness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you that you're fat and ugly. bluntness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you to get the hell out of the street or you're going to get hit by a car. do you see the difference? the latter is telling you something for your own benefit without sugar coating it. the former is just being awful to you for no apparent reason except for their own amusement.

BTW, i don't think you are fat or ugly. i was just using that as an example.

when it comes to weight loss pills/fads/gimmicks, the best you can say about them is:

a) they likely won't hurt you
    b) they might possibly give you a tiny percentage increase over what you'd get by just eating less and moving more

so in general, my response to these threads is always "don't do it. it's a waste of money" or "this topic has come up many, many times before. just search through the forums and find the previous threads and you'll find all of your answers"

worst case scenario is that some of these things can truly damage you and/or lead to death. on top of that, many of the people hawking these scams are also a bit shady in their business dealings. e.g., i read an article about when you buy sensa, they automatically set up your credit card for recurring billing without your permission. you have to actively get them to stop charging you when you discover the product doesn't work and you don't want it anymore.
  • JaniceH65
    JaniceH65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of this?

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-extract-fat-burner-or-fraud-pt-1

Does this really work? My mother says she's lost 7 lbs in 4 months, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had experience or knowledge of it.

Thanks!

Seven pounds in four months? That stuff must be retarding weight loss. I lost 20 pounds in 4 months eating healthy food and exercising in moderation.

And sorry about my typo.....she lost 7 lbs in 4 WEEKS! Ahhh, it was pretty late when I posted that! LOL
  • TiffanyWasmer
    Options
    To WinnerVictorious:

The point I was making is that the OP was seeking opinions. Yes, she probably wanted to hear some good reviews, and I'm not suggesting that people should lie/ make up wonderful results only to pacify her.

I came to this thread because my Dad has been trying the green coffee bean extract and YES I've considered it as well. See, I've been trying to lose 30 pounds for over a year but haven't gotten a handle on my hypothyroidism yet and have only succeeded in losing 5.

So I know what it's like to wonder "maybe there is something out there that can help me" in my journey.

There are many posts on this thread as well as others where it's blatantly obvious that people are just posting only to be rude. It is very discouraging and very unnecessary! Maybe it's just because I'm from the South, but some of the responses are definitely rude.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    To WinnerVictorious:

The point I was making is that the OP was seeking opinions. Yes, she probably wanted to hear some good reviews, and I'm not suggesting that people should lie/ make up wonderful results only to pacify her.

I came to this thread because my Dad has been trying the green coffee bean extract and YES I've considered it as well. See, I've been trying to lose 30 pounds for over a year but haven't gotten a handle on my hypothyroidism yet and have only succeeded in losing 5.

So I know what it's like to wonder "maybe there is something out there that can help me" in my journey.

There are many posts on this thread as well as others where it's blatantly obvious that people are just posting only to be rude. It is very discouraging and very unnecessary! Maybe it's just because I'm from the South, but some of the responses are definitely rude.

If hearing someone say "This doesn't work" is rude, then I hate to think of what happens when someone accidently steps on your foot or something. Saying "Don't try this" isn't rude. It's a suggestion.
  • JaniceH65
    Options

Everyone needs to relax a bit!!! I have big shoulders! I'm ok and not offended! I received an email from my mother last night at midnight, and instead of heading to bed, I stayed up to watch the video. Then I wondered if any of you all had heard of this method, so I asked. It was re-actionary and I should have gone to bed and looked into it myself today. Thank you all for your input. I look forward to further forum topics in the future! :)

i'm not offended at the self-righteous or skinny remark. i am neither.

i do get irritated at the repeated but unsupported claims of "rudeness" thrown around here so easily. please tell me exactly what was said on this thread that was rude. i want to know because i genuinely don't see it. i see bluntness. i see an unwillingness by some to cater to diet fad/pill/gimmick mentalities. i don't see rudeness. rudeness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you that you're fat and ugly. bluntness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you to get the hell out of the street or you're going to get hit by a car. do you see the difference? the latter is telling you something for your own benefit without sugar coating it. the former is just being awful to you for no apparent reason except for their own amusement.

BTW, i don't think you are fat or ugly. i was just using that as an example.

when it comes to weight loss pills/fads/gimmicks, the best you can say about them is:

a) they likely won't hurt you
    b) they might possibly give you a tiny percentage increase over what you'd get by just eating less and moving more

so in general, my response to these threads is always "don't do it. it's a waste of money" or "this topic has come up many, many times before. just search through the forums and find the previous threads and you'll find all of your answers"

worst case scenario is that some of these things can truly damage you and/or lead to death. on top of that, many of the people hawking these scams are also a bit shady in their business dealings. e.g., i read an article about when you buy sensa, they automatically set up your credit card for recurring billing without your permission. you have to actively get them to stop charging you when you discover the product doesn't work and you don't want it anymore.
  • JaniceH65
    Options
    Everyone needs to relax a bit!!! I have big shoulders! I'm ok and not offended! I received an email from my mother last night at midnight, and instead of heading to bed, I stayed up to watch the video. Then I wondered if any of you all had heard of this method, so I asked. It was re-actionary and I should have gone to bed and looked into it myself today. Thank you all for your input. I look forward to further forum topics in the future! :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You know what I like best about when people whine about all the rude posters? It's the part where they point the the rude, unsupportive people have 1000's of posts and are in shape. Somehow, in their brains, having used this site a lot and having successfully lost weight DISQUALIFIES a person from giving advice to new people. And telling them to stop wasting their time and money on the next magic pill is a bad thing.

I wish there was a magical logic enhancing pill instead of a magical fat burning pill. Because then all these complainers would put it together. The person telling me "NO" has been here, started out at my same weight, asked the same questions, wasted money on bull**** supplements, and then after wasting a bunch of time and money came to the conclusion that losing weight is about calories in/calories out, not about supplements, restrictive diets, or cleanses. Their first 300 posts were asking the same question I am asking now, but their last 2000 posts were telling people like me to save time and money.

Alas, no magic pills for logic or fat loss. So go ahead, buy Jack and the Magic Beanstalk Coffee Bean Extract, keep believing that sound advice is rude and unsupportive. I'll come back for your all caps "BEEN ON MFP FOR MONTHS BUT NOTHINGS WORKING" thread and perhaps you'll be ready to listen at that point.

I'll probably be over 5000 posts and at goal weight by then but I hope that doesn't disqualify me from helping you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of this?

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-extract-fat-burner-or-fraud-pt-1

Does this really work? My mother says she's lost 7 lbs in 4 months, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had experience or knowledge of it.

Thanks!

Seven pounds in four months? That stuff must be retarding weight loss. I lost 20 pounds in 4 months eating healthy food and exercising in moderation.

And sorry about my typo.....she lost 7 lbs in 4 WEEKS! Ahhh, it was pretty late when I posted that! LOL
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My doorman swears by it.

I am going to stick with calorie deficit and regular exercise.

We will compare where we both are 3 months from now.

If you could buy a pill with money and be thin, think what Oprah would look like.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    You know what I like best about when people whine about all the rude posters? It's the part where they point the the rude, unsupportive people have 1000's of posts and are in shape. Somehow, in their brains, having used this site a lot and having successfully lost weight DISQUALIFIES a person from giving advice to new people. And telling them to stop wasting their time and money on the next magic pill is a bad thing.

I wish there was a magical logic enhancing pill instead of a magical fat burning pill. Because then all these complainers would put it together. The person telling me "NO" has been here, started out at my same weight, asked the same questions, wasted money on bull**** supplements, and then after wasting a bunch of time and money came to the conclusion that losing weight is about calories in/calories out, not about supplements, restrictive diets, or cleanses. Their first 300 posts were asking the same question I am asking now, but their last 2000 posts were telling people like me to save time and money.

Alas, no magic pills for logic or fat loss. So go ahead, buy Jack and the Magic Beanstalk Coffee Bean Extract, keep believing that sound advice is rude and unsupportive. I'll come back for your all caps "BEEN ON MFP FOR MONTHS BUT NOTHINGS WORKING" thread and perhaps you'll be ready to listen at that point.

I'll probably be over 5000 posts and at goal weight by then but I hope that doesn't disqualify me from helping you.

This bears quoting and repeating. Those of us with some time here, some weight loss - and those with lots of time and lots of weight loss - will usually be the ones telling you No. There's a reason for it. Don't write it off as rudeness. It just might be that these people know what they are talking about.