Stay at home moms!

Options

Replies

• pvanderg
    pvanderg Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom right now. I have a sweet (that's what people keep telling me-but I know the truth-lol) 2 year old girl. I have always hated excercising and dieting. I really want to be healthier and feel better. I need all the support I can get. Add me as a friend :)
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am a SAHM mom who has a career so I do WAH too, for the past 11 years. I have 2 boys, 6yo and 10 yo. I'm always here, feel free to add me always looking for moms to connect with a mutually motivate!
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hello there,,u can add me :-)
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom I am 41 and a mom of a 21 year old and a 16 year old and now a 3 year old so finding time is difficult but I do. I would like some stay at home moms to add me too but you can add me if you would like.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM. I have 6 kids ages 2-11. Feel free to add me. I am just starting this journey, and really am having to force myself to carve out time to take care of my self with kids in tow.
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to four kids,ages 16,10,6 and 4. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I am a SAHM of a 5 and 3 yr old. I love being home!! I do work 2 nights a week teaching preschool for a local Family Literacy program!!!
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old boy. I love how some people think that just because we stay at home that we have all the free time in the world. No, between all the household duties, trying to keep a child from completely destroying the house and teaching him all at the same time, there is little time left for anything else. It is so hard to workout with him right under my feet, or right behind me or trying to climb up my legs.

NO KIDDING!!!
  • Maurey
    Maurey Posts: 44
    Options
    I am SAHM to 3 kids age 6, 5 and 3. feel free to add me.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm/ student right now. My oldest two (9, and 6) go to school all day so its just me and the 5.5 mo old. I would love to have more mom friends! I think the hardest part for me, is the monotony, i get bored easily. If i am bored i want to bake- and eat!
    I am really looking forward to spring so i can get out of the house more.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay-at-home mum (I wish!) - work full time and have a 4 year old. Not quite sure why it would be harder to stick to a plan when you are at home rather than at work? The dedication comes from within you. It's YOUR decision. The only person that can make you veer off track is you!

I'm not a stay-at-home but I can totally see how it would be more difficult at home. The refridgerator and pantry is right there all the time and it would be hard not to relieve the stress by nibbling. At least here in the office, I can limit the stuff that is in my desk drawer and going to meetings and working on specific projects can take my mind off the constant temptations. With my kids, I think my body is busy, busy, busy but my mind is often bored and starts thinking about food.

Excuses! Work presents its own set of problems. You just have to take it a day, an hour, a minute at a time and don't keep expecting to fail.

It's easy to say it's an excuse when you aren't in the situation.....
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    stay at home mom of 4 ages boy 12 girl 10 girl8 boy 7 all in school now. But all will home school next year .
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay-at-home mum (I wish!) - work full time and have a 4 year old. Not quite sure why it would be harder to stick to a plan when you are at home rather than at work? The dedication comes from within you. It's YOUR decision. The only person that can make you veer off track is you!

LOL I was scrolling through the thread, flicked past this post and thought, WTH? I didn't post in here!

userpic twins!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Im a Sahm of a 14 month old girl a 3 yr old boy and a 5 yr old boy who has special needs. Its hard to find time for myself.
  • Andie122
    Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of a 2.75 year old and 8 month old. I'd love to have some more MFP friends. Feel free to add me!
  • kp130
    kp130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I am kinda a SAHM. I have a home daycare. I am looking for parents who feed their kids healthy foods. would love to chat
  • TracyQ7212
    TracyQ7212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of an 8 month old girl! I'm home during the day but I do work part time at night! Trying to finally get myself in to shape! :)
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I am a SAHM of 3 boys aged 7 (nearly 8), 4 and 19 months.
    The 7 year old is at school, the 4 year old has kindy 5 mornings a week and me and Baby C hang together at home. Would love some more SAHM friends to keep the motivation going!
    It is far too easy to snack when you are at home all day!!!!
  • Maewhet0126
    Maewhet0126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im A very new stay at home mom. My baby is 6 months old which kind of makes going to the gym tricky. My husband works 12 hour shifts so I have to find a baby sitter every gym visit. I am also pretty new to mfp so feel free to add me looking for as much encouragement I can get.
  • devizecklindavis
    devizecklindavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a stay home mom from Plainwell, Michigan. Looking for someone to talk to and encourage with on losing weight.