Weight watchers, good or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am a former Weight Watchers leader :) The program is fantastic, and it can be very motivating, because there are always people at the meetings rooting you on! My groups always had great ideas, and we often brought in new recipes for everyone to taste-test. That was in 2000-2004. The program has changed, but it's still great!

That being said, it really depends on the dynamic of your group and your leader. I have been to many, many meetings. Some were incredibly fun and motivating, and some were the exact opposite. If you check with your local WW group, you can typically sit-in on a meeting for free. This will give you an idea of what you may be getting yourself into ;)

I stopped leading meetings after my twins were born in '04, and I wish that I hadn't. I have tried a couple of meetings recently (before joining MFP) and I just didn't have the right mindset. Since I've been on MFP, I'm extremely motivated. Like WW, MFP offers a way of eating that I feel I can stick to for life. It's real, and that's what keeps me here.

Both are wonderful plans and really very basic. It's just what motivates you, and what you think you can stick to long term :)

Good luck with your decision!

Kelly :)
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I also do WW and MFP together and quite frankly for me they pretty much coincide:) I am a lifetime WW member sillt at goal is why I continue to do both:) They are both free! I lost 80 # on WW and would recommend it to anyone! Its SOOO much more than a diet, It teaches you how to eat and what to eat with the help of more people with teh same issue as you! .......EATING:) I never really thought I got much out of the weekly meetings but the thought that I had to step on that scale and weigh in front of someone else motivated me:) I have been at goal and lifetime for almost 3 years and have never had an overweight......WW iinstilled solid information in my head.....