What kind of tea do you drink?

Options

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    oh man i love tea. I guess i drink Bigelows mostly. I drink black tea or green tea before noon- after noon i drink decaf herbal teas. I just had a cup of blueberry tea
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Where can you buy this amazing tea?? Meijer or Walmart?

I've only ever seen Yogi tea at Whole Foods.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Has anyone tied k-cup and/ or loose tea? Right now my favorite is Tangerine Orange Zinger Herbal Tea by Celestial Seasonings.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i was wondering this today: are decaf teas also diuretics or is that just for the leaded stuff? I drink so much water that i already pee a lot, just curious if the decaf makes you go even more
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Black tea, flavored. My favorite brands are Mariage Freres and The O Dor.

I have 1-3 cups of MF French Breakfast every morning, and have for years and years. I buy it by the kilo directly from France; the shipping is killer, but if you buy it in bulk, it's much cheaper than the going rate of $20 for a 100g tin that you find in the states at places like Williams Sonoma.

I buy tea wherever I travel, and have more bags and tins at home that I could possibly drink in a lifetime--at least 100 different varieties and flavors.

But it's still a cheaper habit than wine. :smile:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. I normally just drink the costco brand green tea matche
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My morning tea is Twinings Rooibos (red) tea. During the day I usually have a couple of cups of Bigelow green tea, usually the flavored ones (the green tea with mint is probably my fave.). At night, I have a selection of herbals, mostly from Yogi Tea.

I don't think the brand really matters, as long as you've found a tea you like.
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tazo Zen (green tea with lemongrass and spearmint) - with a teaspoon of turbinado sugar or no sweetner. Also great iced!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have lipton tea now and its blah. I'm definitely going to look into some of these brands.
    Yes, their basic tea is blah and usually bitter. Try some of these others.
    In my previous post, I totally forgot peppermint -- nice fresh taste and very good for relieving a headache or tummy ache. Celestial Seasonings and Twinnings which have been mentioned have some good, basic teas. If you want a plain, black, Red Bud is ok, but I prefer the others that have been mentioned.

As to why drink more tea... well, some varieties have healthy anti-oxidents and micro-nutrients (usually minerals, but some vitamins too). It's better for you than most high-sugar drinks. And for people who want to drink more liquids, but don't like plain water, it adds flavor. But my rmain reason is that I like it. It's a nice, hot beverage when it's cold outside or I want to relax. It can be iced for a refreshing summer beverage. One of the first really good teas I had was a black tea with cherry.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Rooibos during the day

Peppermint tea at night, sometimes sweet dreams tea before bedtime

What is Yogi tea? We have a quaker parrot called Yogi
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lately I like Stash Licorice Spice. I bought some Hazelnut blend (Stash) yesterday and haven't tried it yet.
    Yum! Licorice Spice is naturally sweet. Stash has lots of good teas -- green, black, white, red (rooibos), herbal. They have more than one hazelnut, so I'm not sure which you're trying, but enjoy! They also have a few chai, including a chocolate chai and a lemon ginger that I really like. (Other people seem to too; we keep running out.)
    I enjoy so many different kinds of teas... having a mate tea today - raspberry riot, lemon mate from Teavana. (Teavana's more expensive, but they have some good teas. I especially like one of their lavendar citrus teas.) Earl Grey (black) with milk is good in the morning, but I drink that with milk, so more calories. Most of the teas I drink taste good without any sweetener or other additives. See tea.wikia.com for more ideas. Republic of Tea also has good teas. The quality of the water and how you make it can also affect the taste of the tea. Tazo and Traditional Medicinals are two other brands you might want to check out.
    There are teas of all kinds of flavors... enjoy finding a few you'll like.

Good luck!

Thanks! Yup, I love that natural sweet after-taste of Licorice spice. The lavendar citrus tea you describe sounds intriguing; I'm eager to give it a try!

Thanks again. :)
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I looove my Double Spiced Chai by Stash :) (black tea)

this!!
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    i was wondering this today: are decaf teas also diuretics or is that just for the leaded stuff? I drink so much water that i already pee a lot, just curious if the decaf makes you go even more
    The diuretic effect of both is basically negligable. I've included links to the research and medical sites in this blog entry on water (and things to add to water): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Senna Leaf Tea
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I drink mostly hibiscus, and Rooibos teas...

Hibiscus tea for antioxidants, over twice the amount of green tea...
    http://nutritionfacts.org/2012/01/08/hibiscus-tea-flower-power/

Rooibos tea for stress relief...
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/herbal-tea-update-rooibos-nettle/

Sometimes I combine the teas, and I sweeten both with stevia...
    I enjoy both iced over hot...

Enjoy...
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Rooibos during the day

Peppermint tea at night, sometimes sweet dreams tea before bedtime

What is Yogi tea? We have a quaker parrot called Yogi
    Yogi tea is a brand. Didn't check where you're from, but it's available in the U.S. at grocery stores like Kroger, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and also in many health food stores. Krogers may have it with the "health food" section instead of the regular teas... depends on your store. I expect most of the other large chains carry it too. It has a bunch of different flavors... I think most of them are herbal. I've liked their tea when I tasted it, but not as much as some others.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tazo apple,or celestial apple spice afternoon and evenings coffee in am.
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Love how the tea advertisements are coming up in this thread. Last post I got a Celestial Season's ad for Sweet Dreams on the side and a Republic of Tea along the bottom - Tea101 - haven't see than one before.

(edited to correct the tea name... Tea101 not 100 and it's an education series, not a flavor - LOL)
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Swirling Silver Mist White Tea (White tea is actually better than black or green tea) - Drangonfly brand
    Blakc tea - decaf - Usually Clipper or Yorkshire Tea brand
    Sleep Tea and Detox Tea - Loose leaf blend from Neals Yard
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Barry's Irish Tea is my life.

I also drink Tesco Brand Pure Green Tea because it's the cheapest green tea :)