Replies

• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love all of the Lipton Green Tea varieties! :happy:
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Swirling Silver Mist White Tea (White tea is actually better than black or green tea) - Drangonfly brand
    Blakc tea - decaf - Usually Clipper or Yorkshire Tea brand
    Sleep Tea and Detox Tea - Loose leaf blend from Neals Yard

what makes it better?
  • 2012ALM
    2012ALM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A large variety- the real question is, what do you do with tea that you bought because it sounded fabulous but it really wasn't and now you have a whole box of it?

I took my extra to work and they flew through it. They only have lipton and some other tea that is just absolutely horrible to choose from, and when you bring in something new and different, they love it :).
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I like Celestial Seasonings fruit blends, Tazo's Wild Sweet Orange (like sunshine in a cup), Bigelow Vanilla Chai, and Harney makes some wonderful caffeinated and noncaffeinated teas. Stash has a nice decaf vanilla chai.

Maybe a shorter answer would have been what teas I don't drink...
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink Prince of Peace Oolong and Green teas. I get them from the local Asian market. Occasionally, I'll have Earl Grey or buy a loose leaf Jasmine green tea from a local tea shop.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love so many flavorful loose leaf teas from Teavana! Unsweetened, of course!
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    what makes it better?

Usually people are referring to tannin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannin) when they claim white is better than green is better than black tea. White tea is less mature than green, which is less mature than black tea. The caffeine and tannin contents increase with maturity.

P.S. Rooibos aka red tea is not the same plant as white/green/black. Just FYI.

P.P.S. When brewing green or white tea, you should use water that is just under boiling or you will bruise the leaves and end up with bitter flavor and more tannin.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Twinings English breakfast or Earl Grey.

Twinngs green tea - mango/lychee or peach/cherry blossom

Pukka lemongrass and ginger
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Pure Black Chai -- I get mine loose from David's Tea
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Tea in the morning, tea in the afternoon, and tea in the evening... I like all kinds of tea and they vary in type depending on my mood and how I am feeling at the moment.

I like my coffee in the morning but switch to a good black tea by around 10. Then it is on to a good green tea (I like stash chi green) and then maybe some Licorice Spice or Double Spice Chi or Vanilla Chi. In the evening I like a cup of Sleepy Time to help me sleep.

I like Earl Gray or Chamomile when I am not feeling well.

I am enjoying a cup of Licorice Spice as I take a break from filling out tax forms!

I don't think I have met a tea I did not like :^)
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My new favourite thing is DAVIDs TEA! Tons of flavours and oh-so-good! They have lots of decaf options too!
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    All tea! There is a tea that fits every mood and hour of the day!
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I work in a Japanese office and there's basically a limitless supply of green tea. An infographic floating around the internet suggests that green tea has both one of the largest and most consistently positive bodies of scientific literature supporting it (for cholesterol levels etc)

which_health_supplements_are_backed_by_science.png
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I prefer just regular orange pekoe tea. I buy King Cole brand.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Prefer black tea, enticing flavors are even better...chocolate mint anyone? :)
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I like Celestial Seasonings fruit blends. I have a cup of it almost every single night. I just don't like the Black Cherry one.

I bring it to work and donate to the stash.

I never even log my tea in my food diary as I don't add anything to it, just nice and hot!!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a lot of the Takaoka Organic Green Breeze tea lately. It's powdered green tea in little packets, you mix one with a 500ml bottle of water. Unsweetened, so zero calories. It's super green so I think my colleagues are afraid of it...

yesmikan, I like that infographic--thanks!
  • shygirlnot4u
    shygirlnot4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Ginseng Tea... it has helped me a lot this last month...
    specially the one i'm drinking because it has senna. it's Called King's Ginseng Dieter's Tea...
    I only found it online, not in stores... but i really like it because its all natural herbs... I'm looking forward to trying another tea this company sells called Sun Valley Premium Dieter's Tea.
  • shygirlnot4u
    shygirlnot4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Ginseng Tea... it has helped me a lot this last month...
    specially the one i'm drinking because it has senna. it's Called King's Ginseng Dieter's Tea...
    I only found it online, not in stores... but i really like it because its all natural herbs... I'm looking forward to trying another tea this company sells called Sun Valley Premium Dieter's Tea.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    luzianne