Weight Loss, Inches and pants size

Options
This isn't a which should I go by question but a can someone explain this to me kind of question...

So, I've ALMOST lost 10 lbs. I'm hoping that by the end of next week, I will.
And I have lost inches. At least an inch in the waist and butt/hips.
And my pants don't feel 'that' much looser. The 12s are somewhat more comfortable now but you would think that almost 10 lbs (I know my ticker only says 2 lbs but that's a long story...) would feel a little more different. At 180, the 12s were getting uncomfortable.

Any ideas of what's going on?

Backstory on the 10 lbs. vs. 2 lbs:
I joined MFP at a lower weight and then proceeded to gain weight up to 180 or almost, I stopped looking when it got near 180. So now I'm back down to around 172 - 173 or so... So I'm counting in my head as 'almost' 10 lbs.

Replies

• christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 lbs. and I'm only down 2... almost 3 pant sizes. The next size down is still too snug. Working on it, though! I think it all depends your body shape. My friend is 25 lbs. less than me and she wears a size bigger than me all because she is "hippy".
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lb and my pants are looser and that's about it. Oh I can put it a few of them on without undoing the snaps even straight from the dryer, which is something I guess, but they're not falling off or anything. When I started, the others were getting uncomfortable. Now they just fit well. All the same size (18), just not the same brand.

It sucks, but I guess I'll lose a size eventually. I carry most of my weight in my hips and belly. The pants legs are way too wide in comparison. It's awful.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You have probably lost your 10lbs else where rather than the hips and belly region. are your tops a bit loose? What about your watch and shoes?

Im losing my inches from my face, neck, arms and feet lol all the places I didnt want to lose from first!! :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I lost a bra size (not the cup of course). Pretty much not my priority to lose from.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 4 pounds (losing more size than pounds right now) and my jeans are loose. I don't muffin over the top any more :laugh: but my pants were definitely uncomfortable :ohwell: Near as I can figure, I haven't gone down a size yet because I was really pushing the limits of those 31's.

Now they're comfortable and I am blissfully unaware of the waist band (I carry most of my weight in my middle).
    I'm also losing from my back, shoulders, upper arms, face annnnd feet too :laugh: As this downward trend continues, I'm looking forward to having a waist again.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I did not go down a pant size until I lost 20 lbs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 30 - my pants fit EXACTLY the same. The body doesn't always do what we want and takes the weight from where it chooses.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 pant sizes because of losing inches. I have gone from a 16 to a 12 in one month, and just 5 pounds. I am pear shaped so carry the weight in my belly, butt and thighs.
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    2 pants sizes! Wow! Jealous!