Eye Liner

Options

Replies

• xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use Dollar Tree's stuff. Not sure what the brand is but it is in white pack with 2 little pencils and a sharpener. I've tried EVERY eyeliner.. all different kinds. The cheapo Dollar Tree stuff I my FAVORITE =) It stays put.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    good topic, thanks!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Well...at least you can apply it. I have never worn eyeliner because I can't get it on my eye. All I do is flinch and end up jabbing myself in the eye. big fun
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay has an eye primer that works really well. It's only $12. Their eyeliner (also $12) is waterproof and stays put really well, in my experience.

You can find a consultant through marykay.com
  • AccordingtoMeg
    AccordingtoMeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Powder your lids (and all of your face) with cornstarch after you put your foundation on. Cornstarch will absorb the oils. I use it every day. My make up used to drip off my face because I was so oily and I even used oil-free or oil control products. This has probably saved me a lot of time and money!
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    I use PIXI Flawless and Poreless Primer along with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner. Best products I've found in a long time. I put my makeup on at 630 in the morning and it still looks fresh when I get home around 6pm.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anggxo
    anggxo Posts: 102
    Options
    I live by UD's 24/7 pencil. AMAZING stuff, especially paired with their primer potion. Another tip, go over your eyeliner with a matte black shadow on an eyeliner brush, like Macs carbon. It'll stay on forever :)
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I use mark. no place to run eyeliner. I sell mark. so I'm a little biased, but we have some great stuff. The after picture shows the eyeliner after doing the dishes. PM me if you would like my website link :)

75897289.jpg
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    I use Dollar Tree's stuff. Not sure what the brand is but it is in white pack with 2 little pencils and a sharpener. I've tried EVERY eyeliner.. all different kinds. The cheapo Dollar Tree stuff I my FAVORITE =) It stays put.

my favorite liquid liner is from the dollar tree. i'm wearing it in my profile pic.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I have forever used Avon glimmersticks.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    24 hour stay on urban decay eye liner. amazing

I'm vouching for this. You can try putting on the primer, eyeliner, then run black (or whatever color you are using) over it.
    Agreed. You may also need a primer. Nothing fancy. You could probably get away with a $1 or $3 e.l.f. eyelid primer
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try a cream liner. I used to use pencils and they'd always smear. I use the cheap stuff from the dollar store and it works fine.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use Estee Lauder and love it and have never had problems...

Buuut you say that hasn't worked for you so... :-/
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay has an eye primer that works really well. It's only $12. Their eyeliner (also $12) is waterproof and stays put really well, in my experience.

You can find a consultant through marykay.com

I love the Mary Kay eye primer! And if you try it and hate it, Mary Kay offers a 100% money back guarantee
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Cheap trick I use to get elaborate eye makeup to stay on - hairspray. NOT recommended if you'll be outside running or anything, but for a regular day, it keeps that **** on. Just close your eyes, spray a light coat, and don't light up a cigarette for a few minutes.

That said, soooo gonna try some primer stuff now. That looks fun!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Infinite liquid eyeliner is the BEST. I've been using it for years. It is a b*tch to clean off, but it lasts all day!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Whatever eyeliner you use, make sure to set it with powder. It can be translucent or the color of the liner. Get a small angled brush to do it.

You could also use liquid liner if it's above your eyes. L'oreal Lineur Intense is a really good one.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Follow it up with this and you'll wake up the next morning without a single thing smudged and out of place. This is important to me especially if I'm doing the walk of shame...

eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner_pack-shot-crop.png

LOL! If your going to do the walk of shame you might as well look good doing it!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    yeah those are right. i sell cosmetics and skin care. our eye liners are water resistant you might want to get one like that too and combined with an eye primer you should be good. there are also water resistant cream shadows that double as primer, we sell I am sure others do too. just go to a makeup counter and tell them exactly what yousaid here. they can help you find what you need.

I have done this, every time they assure me it WONT run this time. And, it does. :(