Is this normal?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but for me I experienced this sometimes in the past as well. For me, it was either being dehydrated -- or more often related to too many carbs. From looking at your diary, it looks like quite a bit of cereal, oatmeal, wheat, etc. If I were you, I'd experiment for just one week cutting out all that and instead getting your carbs from real food vegetables. Up your protein with eggs. See if that helps. The first few days you feel a little tired when your body gets used to no more refined carbs, but then you'll suddenly have way more energy.

Just my $.02 based on my own experiences.
  • lalaglo30
    lalaglo30 Posts: 33
    Options
    I think you should have your blood pressure checked. Especially because you get dizzy and get a headache...and especially if it goes away when you stop exercising. I have controlled hypertension and before I was on meds I almost passed out when I got off a treadmill one time. I was so dizzy and the room spun for like 5 minutes. And headaches are common when bp spikes.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I would go with making sure you're getting adequate hydration
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY see your doctor. It could be as simple as your system needing more cardiovasular training to work at a stressed level, but it could be other issues with diabetes or early signs of a cardiovascular issue (not trying to alarm you). So go get checkd!
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. when I finially sought out a doctor, he informed me that I have high blood pressure. and perscribed a mild HBP meds (cuz I don't like the side affects from other HBP meds I've tried to take in the past) needless to say, I don't experience those dizzy spells anymore and b/c there's no side affects, I take my meds on a regular basis. My BP has gone down to normal and I feel great. So, you definitley want to talk to your doctor. You may also have HBP or cholesterol issues (sorry for the spelling) Good luck
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a blood flow issue. I have a friend who was finding it hard to breathe and turning blue during exercise. She has to go in for a stress test, cardiogram and bubble check. It only happened while exercising.
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Go see your doctor. Maybe your blood pressure is spiking at least that is what the symptoms sound like to me. Also, make sure you are getting enough potassium! It makes you dizzy..... if you are at a deficeit.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I made an appt. and they can't get me in until the 25th...so maybe I'll try a few things until then to see if I can make any improvements.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I recommend just focusing on eating right and laying off exercise until after you see the doc.

Sean
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights?
  • meriken
    meriken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water during your work out or perhaps to much. sometimes when i drink to much during a sparring round it makes me feel sick on the stumache, but if you sip throughout your work out it generally stops the dizzines
  • ArcticTashka
    ArcticTashka Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would definaitely say get your blood pressure checked. Super low blood presure is just as bad as high, and can cause dizzyness and fainting.
    Good luck on your fitness journey!! I hope you find a solution.