Why you shouldn't shop at thrift stores if you do already

Options

Replies

• ajbaccou
    ajbaccou Posts: 25
    Options
    i say why not. I'm 5'0 and most of the pants i buy at the thrift are already hemmed. I was them 1 time and take em to the 1buck clearner before i wear them.

i make a substantial amount of money but why pay more when you can pay less.
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    But Macklemore says so...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4791148597543536&pid=1.7&w=146&h=137&c=7&rs=1
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:
    You think I'm going to donate my DKNY jeans? You cray cray. Get on my level.

Wow...so do you keep them FOREVER and EVER? Amazing...you must have very large closets.
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:
    ^^^^^^^ This

Say what you will, but I will take my fully stocked closet of Nautica, Polo and the like at less than 20% of the original price. Especially as the weight comes off and the sizes are changing regularly. No used drawers, socks, bathing suits or shoes. I'll be happy to wear my North Face fleece for 11 bucks, thanks.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Because someone has already worn them.
    Poor
    New clothes make you feel good
    Poor
    The smell
    Poor

Do you honestly feel good that you bought a pair of 5 year old jeans for $1.99? :laugh:

Proof right now that you are not poor.
    Do you mean prove? Wtf?
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Wow...so do you keep them FOREVER and EVER? Amazing...you must have very large closets.
    No, I'll throw them away when I am done with them.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?

Yea, get a job and get your own jeans. I mean, who cares if I'll never wear them again. Neither will you!
    We think alike. Beers at 5pm? On me, since I'm not poor and all.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    Yea I lift bro

Ever train legs? or just curls and chest on the daylee?
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am an environmental scientist. I am poor. I prefer not to support sweat shops. I can't stand the mall. I like supporting charities.

I will continue to thrift shop until they all turn into hipster wannabes like Buffalo Exchange.
    some people have no choice other than to shop thrift stores...and really washing or dry cleaning the clothes is pretty much a must!!! geeze ppl!
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My daughter asked me why they named a store after the song. Does that count?
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't shop at thrifty stores because I have a fear that someone had died in the clothes.

Ok this made me chuckle :blushing:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I shop sales at Buckle and other things. New expensive things on sale are awesome
    oh and i wear my clothes til the fall apart, or off. No sharing for thrift stores for me.
    Buckle <33333

The Buckle is the upscale, opposite of poor people clothes? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You are all apparently rich because some of us can't afford to buy $90 jeans at the Buckle every time we lose/gain weight. Do I wear thrift store clothes?? HELL YES, because I'm not a snooty jerk and washing clothes with hot water gets rid of "farts" in jeans.

Really stupid forum if you ask me. And to the guy that burns his clothes after you're done with them, if that's true, you have lessons to learn.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Yea I lift bro

Ever train legs? or just curls and chest on the daylee?
    Bro, you really questioning my lifting skills bro?
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Poor
    Poor
    The smell
    Poor

Do you honestly feel good that you bought a pair of 5 year old jeans for $1.99? :laugh:

Do you mean prove? Wtf?

You're poor.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and Buckle clothes are trash. Holes already in them and fabrics that are no thicker than toilet paper. Get a life.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?

Yea, get a job and get your own jeans. I mean, who cares if I'll never wear them again. Neither will you!
    We think alike. Beers at 5pm? On me, since I'm not poor and all.

I'm down. As long as we don't invite poor people. I bet they drink leftover beer in the bottom of bottles that they bought from thrift stores.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You are all apparently rich because some of us can't afford to buy $90 jeans at the Buckle every time we lose/gain weight. Do I wear thrift store clothes?? HELL YES, because I'm not a snooty jerk and washing clothes with hot water gets rid of "farts" in jeans.

Really stupid forum if you ask me. And to the guy that burns his clothes after you're done with them, if that's true, you have lessons to learn.
    Who said I was rich?
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Poor
    Poor
    The smell
    Poor

Do you mean prove? Wtf?

You're poor.
    You caught me. :(
This discussion has been closed.