Why you shouldn't shop at thrift stores if you do already

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You are all apparently rich because some of us can't afford to buy $90 jeans at the Buckle every time we lose/gain weight. Do I wear thrift store clothes?? HELL YES, because I'm not a snooty jerk and washing clothes with hot water gets rid of "farts" in jeans.

Really stupid forum if you ask me. And to the guy that burns his clothes after you're done with them, if that's true, you have lessons to learn.

I'm rich enough to burn clothes when I'm done with them. I think I have all of the lessons learned properly.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    :laugh: this thread is to funny!
  • sixout
    Options
    Because someone has already worn them.
    Poor
    New clothes make you feel good
    Poor
    The smell
    Poor

Do you honestly feel good that you bought a pair of 5 year old jeans for $1.99? :laugh:

Proof right now that you are not poor.
    Do you mean prove? Wtf?

You're poor.
    You caught me. :(

This better be a joke, bro. Or beers are off. I don't drink poor beer.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You are all apparently rich because some of us can't afford to buy $90 jeans at the Buckle every time we lose/gain weight. Do I wear thrift store clothes?? HELL YES, because I'm not a snooty jerk and washing clothes with hot water gets rid of "farts" in jeans.

Really stupid forum if you ask me. And to the guy that burns his clothes after you're done with them, if that's true, you have lessons to learn.
    Who said I was rich?

He just SAYS he got it at the department store.
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm down. As long as we don't invite poor people. I bet they drink leftover beer in the bottom of bottles that they bought from thrift stores.
    Nah, they don't serve PBR at the bars I go to bro.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bahaha people are so butthurt over this.
    Yeah, I buy clothes at buckle, I buy clothes at stores, but only on sale.
    Thrift Stores creep me out, will always creep me out and smell like.. Piss.

Clothes are clothes. Boohoo
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hm... I had a response to something someone said and then realized this thread was for.... for the sake of not violating any message board rules.... "people who find great joy in laughing about the misfortunes of others." So I'm out.
  • sixout
    Options
    I'm down. As long as we don't invite poor people. I bet they drink leftover beer in the bottom of bottles that they bought from thrift stores.

I had to drink a PBR the other day because I went to a poor guys house. Needless to say, I won't be going back.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?

Yea, get a job and get your own jeans. I mean, who cares if I'll never wear them again. Neither will you!
    We think alike. Beers at 5pm? On me, since I'm not poor and all.

ROFL!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My bike ruins about 4 or 5 pairs of jeans a year, so I buy mine secondhand on eBay.
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I had to drink a PBR the other day because I went to a poor guys house. Needless to say, I won't be going back.
    Did we just become best friends?
  • sixout
    Options
    We did just become best friends.

Wanna meet up after our beers and go burn some clothes? I've already worn this pair of jeans twice. Useless.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Waste your money on clothes, I prefer to invest mine. I don't shop at thrift stores because it takes too long to find something that fits, but I also don't buy anything designer except for my nicer work suits. I work on Wall St. No one notices the difference except people (not making enough money) who have the time to care.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How cute - a MFP bromance! :flowerforyou:
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Wanna meet up after our beers and go burn some clothes? I've already worn this pair of jeans twice. Useless.

I think you're going on a date...
  • sixout
    Options

I think you're going on a date...

You can't be a hater your whole life.
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Zimbabwe used to have its own thriving textile industry. The Salvation Army destroyed it. How? By selling your donated clothes there for prices below those charged by the native textile manufacturers.

Don't donate to TSA or Goodwill as long as they are using your clothes to undercut native African textile manufacturers.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Too many examples above as to why this country is going to ****.
    I guess clothes make you who you are in your world. Not mine, I can't afford pre-ripped designer digs and if I could, I would donate the hell out of them to help others.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:

^^^^^ agreed! The best is the stuff that comes to goodwill with tags still on and I paid $1.99 for something that they paid $50 for!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't mind buying thrift store stuff.. but the one by me has used shoes and used underwear. USED underwear.
    Not going to happen.
This discussion has been closed.