Why you shouldn't shop at thrift stores if you do already

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You are all apparently rich because some of us can't afford to buy $90 jeans at the Buckle every time we lose/gain weight. Do I wear thrift store clothes?? HELL YES, because I'm not a snooty jerk and washing clothes with hot water gets rid of "farts" in jeans.

Really stupid forum if you ask me. And to the guy that burns his clothes after you're done with them, if that's true, you have lessons to learn.

$90? Brand New Dockers Khakis at Kohls .. $20. Levis $30.

Washing clothes may get rid of the farts, but not the fact that they were farted in.
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love thrift shops. Period. And I am not poor. But why not recycle clothes? Who cares who wore it before? Take it home and wash or dry clean the clothing. I also donate my old clothing that I am no longer interested in. But I did not know about Goodwill. Good to know. I never did donate to them, but I will research the thrifts shops from now on.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:

This, totally. I bought a pair of Calvin Klein jeans at my local good will for about $5 bucks. They fit perfectly, and I love them. Definitely wash before wearing from a thrift store.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?

I didn't know that shopping at thrift -- or 2nd hand -- stores made you poor. I think it says a lot about someone's intelligence and grasp on what's important out of life. A name brand tag on your pants doesn't make you any more attractive, appealing or 'cooler'. Matter of fact, your blatant bitterness toward people that aren't as materialistic as you actually puts you as the epitome of the common Douche Bag.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I love thrift shops. Period. And I am not poor. But why not recycle clothes? Who cares who wore it before? Take it home and wash or dry clean the clothing. I also donate my old clothing that I am no longer interested in. But I did not know about Goodwill. Good to know. I never did donate to them, but I will research the thrifts shops from now on.

If a poor person wears my old jeans that means I'm somewhat almost in some way close to a poor person. No thank you.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I wonder what Macklemore thinks of this.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Too many examples above as to why this country is going to ****.
    I guess clothes make you who you are in your world. Not mine, I can't afford pre-ripped designer digs and if I could, I would donate the hell out of them to help others.
    YOU THINK IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET A GIRLFRIEND WHILE WEARING ROUTE 66 JEANS? YOU DUMB?
    A GOOD QUALITY GIRL WILL LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU WEAR, A BRAINLESS SPOILED BIOTCH WILL DO ANYTHING FOR A CHANEL HANDBAG THAT YOU WILL (IM SURE) BUY HER.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i find new items with tags still fully engaged all the time, clothes that have never been worn for 2.00 from Hollister. I have a teen girl to clothe. stuff is expensive.
    That's what we look for. Luckily we have a goodwill center near by that is held up by the rich people.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm down. As long as we don't invite poor people. I bet they drink leftover beer in the bottom of bottles that they bought from thrift stores.
    Nah, they don't serve PBR at the bars I go to bro.

I had to drink a PBR the other day because I went to a poor guys house. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

I thought the guy rules stated it was ok to complain about the temperature, but not the brand of the free beer at your buddy's house ...
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I guess clothes make you who you are in your world. Not mine, I can't afford pre-ripped designer digs and if I could, I would donate the hell out of them to help others.
    YOU THINK IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET A GIRLFRIEND WHILE WEARING ROUTE 66 JEANS? YOU DUMB?

I'd be shocked if you actually got and kept a decent girlfriend with your attitude. Cute only goes so far (IF thats even really you in the pic...)
    I bet your a closet thrifter. Its ok, you can tell us :wink:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Thrift Stores creep me out, will always creep me out and smell like.. Piss.

The one by me smells like spaghettios. Not sure why. :ohwell:
  • sixout
    Options
    I'm down. As long as we don't invite poor people. I bet they drink leftover beer in the bottom of bottles that they bought from thrift stores.
    Nah, they don't serve PBR at the bars I go to bro.

I had to drink a PBR the other day because I went to a poor guys house. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

I thought the guy rules stated it was ok to complain about the temperature, but not the brand of the free beer at your buddy's house ...

It's ok to complain as long as you do it behind their back like a good friend.
  • sixout
    Options

Thrift Stores creep me out, will always creep me out and smell like.. Piss.

The one by me smells like spaghettios. Not sure why. :ohwell:

Poor people eat spaghettios, didn't you know this?
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I'd be shocked if you actually got and kept a decent girlfriend with your attitude. Cute only goes so far (IF thats even really you in the pic...)
    I bet your a closet thrifter. Its ok, you can tell us :wink:
    Yes, I have a fake pic of a guy thats a 6 as me. Makes sense.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I buy quality items that are going to last, since ironically enough, I don't like shopping all that much. More to prove a point, than to brag, I bring in a little over 100k a year, I'm not saying I buy all the granny panties at the Thrift stores, but if I see something I like, I'll buy it; why not!? I'll buy designer items IF they are truly "you get what you pay for" worthy, but I'm not going to sit here and DRESS like I am made of money....most of the time, those people are broke as a joke living with their mommas.
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I shop in thrift stores all the time. I've lost two pants sizes in the past few months and don't want to pay full price for "temporary" clothes. I LOVE finding a pair of jeans for $1.99! I do feel good wearing them. I always feel good saving money and still getting something "new" (new to me)!

AGREED!
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Alright I've had enough stupidity. Have fun being alone with your fancy clothes.:bigsmile:
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love the thrift store and go atleast once a week. I have found some great buys!! No stopping this gal!
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Brb friends <3
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bro, fancy clothes or not, I'm just glad you train on leg day and even lift.
This discussion has been closed.