OMG I bought a string bikini!!

Options

Replies

• mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    flaunt it if you got it, and you got this! good for you!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    All I saw was ABS-ABS-ABS...I want those ABS...you look ABSolutely amazing, and congrats for over coming those demons!!!
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So DOPE! You look amazing!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a "whatever" moment for a lot of people, but it is huge for me.

When I was in school, I was mocked. A lot. For being tall (6'1") fat (I wasn't) stupid (I wasn't) unpopular (I was) and geeky (I was). I was nicknamed sasquatch, and told that noone would ever date me.

I lived that identity and have fought with it for over twenty years.

I have never been overweight, maybe at most 20 pounds, but in my HEAD, I saw obese.

People have probably seen me around here, strutting my abs, and they may have thought I was so full of myself. Heck, look, here she goes posting another thread. But I'm here to say that I have slaughtered myself so many times for how I look, that those thoughts are so inaccurate they're unbelievable.

It is because of this site, that I am FINALLY learning to see me... for me...

Now, enough of that bs... (as in... I'm dropping that topic, and walking away from that past for good)..

I have always wanted a string bikini. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it represents the consummate of sexy? Or maybe because I thought I could never have one.... regardless I wanted one. And I would try them on, and hate them, and actually get emotionally upset, and leave.

Today I did it again. I tried on a string, and got emotional and hated it. So I sent a pic to a friend... and when I looked at the pic... it didn't look bad. So I tried a different pose... and that pic didn't look bad. And then all of a sudden.. what I was seeing in the mirror matched what I saw in the camera.

I wasn't seeing ME for ME... I was seeing me through the filter of all those mean things said to me.

So here you go, folks.. here is my new bikini... but more than that... HERE IS MY VICTORY OVER THOSE 20 YEAR OLD DEMONS!

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRR!!!

91a9631f-1c50-47c7-9db6-084336fbfec0_zps1e4f77e0.jpg

2c34de32-5695-4ba1-8a0d-66e70060a2f2-1_zps9f34b3fc.jpg

Good for you. You look fantastic and I'll be you are raring to go on getting that baby (suit or self) out and strutting it on the beach.

My nickname in school was "Large Marge" - being that I was actually never overweight and hugely into sports still didn't stop me from developing a complex about being this lump they told me I was. It is amazing how long we hang on to all the garbage that people put on us! Good for you demon slayer! ;)
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!
  • edwardcappellano
    edwardcappellano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look very nice. Get a color that goes with your eyes.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Look, i know i'm just some random person on the internets, but! I am very very proud of you! Beautiful inside and out.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK MAAAHVALOUS! Great job!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You look very nice. Get a color that goes with your eyes.

Thank you. :) I bought black and another one colorful one too.... I'll start with three for now lol ;)
  • cu015821
    cu015821 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You worked hard for what you have so use it...
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    You're a gorgeous gal!
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Holy *kitten* Mirey... I would DIE for that body of yours.. You look A-MA-ZING!! I hope to follow your example one day.

*gives standing ovation*
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You got it so FLAUNT it. Even if I get it I am too old to flaunt it so just know you look awesome and be proud.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you again. To everyone. This is way more than I expected and I am utterly blown away.

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

but in a good way ;)
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Mirey! As always you look AMAZING! Hot is an understatement!
  • Brittanyjoy89
    Brittanyjoy89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    holy **** girl you are a sexy beast! your body is ROCKIN and you should be proud! you are an inspiration.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Lovely
  • ambrosiah
    ambrosiah Posts: 20
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Flaunt it! You've earned it - those abs are phenomenal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!