OMG I bought a string bikini!!

MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
This may seem like a "whatever" moment for a lot of people, but it is huge for me.

When I was in school, I was mocked. A lot. For being tall (6'1") fat (I wasn't) stupid (I wasn't) unpopular (I was) and geeky (I was). I was nicknamed sasquatch, and told that noone would ever date me.

I lived that identity and have fought with it for over twenty years.

I have never been overweight, maybe at most 20 pounds, but in my HEAD, I saw obese.

People have probably seen me around here, strutting my abs, and they may have thought I was so full of myself. Heck, look, here she goes posting another thread. But I'm here to say that I have slaughtered myself so many times for how I look, that those thoughts are so inaccurate they're unbelievable.

It is because of this site, that I am FINALLY learning to see me... for me...

Now, enough of that bs... (as in... I'm dropping that topic, and walking away from that past for good)..

I have always wanted a string bikini. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it represents the consummate of sexy? Or maybe because I thought I could never have one.... regardless I wanted one. And I would try them on, and hate them, and actually get emotionally upset, and leave.

Today I did it again. I tried on a string, and got emotional and hated it. So I sent a pic to a friend... and when I looked at the pic... it didn't look bad. So I tried a different pose... and that pic didn't look bad. And then all of a sudden.. what I was seeing in the mirror matched what I saw in the camera.

I wasn't seeing ME for ME... I was seeing me through the filter of all those mean things said to me.

So here you go, folks.. here is my new bikini... but more than that... HERE IS MY VICTORY OVER THOSE 20 YEAR OLD DEMONS!

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRR!!!

91a9631f-1c50-47c7-9db6-084336fbfec0_zps1e4f77e0.jpg

2c34de32-5695-4ba1-8a0d-66e70060a2f2-1_zps9f34b3fc.jpg

Replies

• theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Holy **** you've got a rockin body. Those abs!

ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    AWESOME!!! You are absolutely AWESOME!!!! STRUT IT GIRLIE!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    This is inspirational, good on you, and HOT DAMN WOMAN!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    YAAAAAY. Own it, doll! :drinker: :heart:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Wow, you look great! And good for you for the confidence to get that... I'm too shy and self-conscious to get a bikini like that. Like you, something like that symbolizes sexy to me, but it also screams confidence and being able to love one's self. So congrats!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Rock that 'kini this summer and show off those abs!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    YES!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    You are my effing hero :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    jesus H, sandy. why do you have to have a model's body and a heart of gold?!?!??! I LOVE YOU!!!!! you look so freaking awesome and screw the haters! haters gonna hate. i was teased and mocked mercilessly growing up too (for a variety of reasons: flat as a pancake, high pitched voice, a nose i hadn't grown into, and kids caught onto my OCD and mimicked my compulsions--sigh). but we are not what the haters see! you are amazing and go rock that bikini!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    You are awesome. And the suit looks great.
  • Like I said... YOU make that Bikini look good!!!! YOU!!!!

I can relate to the begining of your post on soooooooooooooo many levels. My problem while growing up, was that I was way to skinny. Something I COULD NOT control. Then I had kids and BOOM, did things change.

You look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all <3
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    look great. those abs...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Gorgeous!
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    You look AWESOME!!!! LOVE YOUR ABS!!! Rock it girl!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    I *kitten* love this....you look fantastic...i'm SO glad you finally saw what the mirror was trying to show you.

AWESOME.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Ummm MY nickname was Sasquatch!!! Or Squatchi Motto (a mix between Sasquatch and Quasi Motto) heheh

You look amazing, you never fail to impress me! :heart:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Good for you. You are beautiful!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Amazing pay off! You look amazing and deserve that string bikini!!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Smokin' hot! Congratulations on the milestone. :flowerforyou:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    dang how you doin'?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!