"I Used to be Fat"-on MTV

Options
2»

Replies

• 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that in more recent episodes they've started showing more of what they eat. It does appear very plain and extremely high protein.
  • heidijo22
    Options
    yes! a very inspriring show.. if only trainers were free, or if only i were rich ;)
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    saw it...was inspired. no support from her mother...and she kept pressing. 4:30am workouts. wow...i did want to know more details....like what she does n how long...what she eats...etc.

I have seen a few episodes now and I can't believe how little support some of these girls were getting from their family. It made me realize where some of their self esteem issues stemmed from that caused them to be where they are. That being said; they put in some hard work and it was inspirational to see their progress at the end of their time. Obviously a trainer helps and the long hours of exercise but they put an emphasis on good eating and how important your mental health is as well. It's all part of the package in getting your body back to where it should be...
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and watch it on mtv.ca when the episodes are loaded.

If you haven't already, watch Jordan's story. I absolutely love the bond that he and his trainer form. It's super cute.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That show is actually pretty good. I always feel so happy for them when they lose the weight!
  • Justeena_Dobbins
    Options
    I'm watching an episode of it right now and I don't know the diet but they have Tanner doing a four hour workout a day seven days a week.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It's a great show. They spend a long time in the gym training, it's how they get the big losses. It goes to show with a LOT of work how much weight you can lose. I do wonder how many of them put it back on after they stop the punishing exercise schedules.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It was a really good show, I only keep up with Marci, though. She was the bratty/whiny one, haha. She still looks great and is even losing more weight.
  • thatoneguy100
    Options
    Does anyone know where to buy those huge calendars that they give to the people?
  • Me537
    Me537 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love jordans story too!
  • sherryduke09
    Options
    its definitely possible!!! Just keep a strong focus on your goal. If you have that high of a goal, then cheat days are not an option
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    They usually show the participants 6-8 weeks after they arrive at college, and show how much they have lost since the summer training ended. Obviously they arent doing 4hr workouts a day, but they all make time for the gym.

That being said, I dont know if they continue it on, or let a bit creep back on or what happens.
  • SoOoSoOo89
    SoOoSoOo89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: