Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Edit- I'm 5'0, forgot to mention that.

HW: 132
    CW: 120
    GW: I'm into heavy lifting, so I don't care if my weight goes down or up from here on, just hoping to shape that muscle.

If anyone wants some friends for encouragement, feel free to add me!
  • katbean12
    katbean12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot.

Currently weighing 108 lbs.

Would like to whittle it down to 100-103lbs then i will focus of weight training and pilates to tighten and lengthen what i hope is a powerful but lithe body.

Go girls! Grab those goals!
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 2 and my ideal weight is 112-116 pounds. Currently I'm 120.
    Me too
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 1in

SW 278
    CW 224
    GW 145

52lb down :)
  • JcSans
    JcSans Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I dont think you should go by those weight/height charts! We are all so different and our shapes differ. I am 5 1" and I am aiming for around 135lbs. However I will know by the mirror what I look best at and I'm sure my goals will keep changing as I keep losing more and more weight! :)

Agreed. I am 5'1" and my goal weight is also 135, started at 180. Now that I see what weight lifting has done to my body, I am leaning more towards measuring body fat. Currently I am at about 29% aiming for 24-25%.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 146. My goal weight is 130, but I'd even be happy at 135! :smile:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I started at 136 and have been maintaining at 101 for a couple of months now while gradually increasing my calories. I have a small frame and weighed 90 pounds when I graduated from high school. I hope to continue maintenance at a range of 101-105.
  • fitktn
    fitktn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and my goal is 115 :). For all you 5' ladies that I see posting here who are losing weight, can you please let me know what your daily caloric goal is. Mine is set at 1200 however, I've read if you are exercising that may be too low and I don't want to slow my metabolism. Any tips for us 'little gals' would be helpful. Thanks!
  • cinthyathreeohfive
    Options
    i;m 5'2, 162 lbs. my goal weight is 125
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    4ft 10in medium frame /110 is my goal ,current wieght after 21lb loss 129.5 so getting there 105 is fine to but no less.
  • mrsumanzor
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and would like to be 115.
    HW:145-148
    CW:132
    LW: 122
  • JcSans
    JcSans Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and my goal is 115 :). For all you 5' ladies that I see posting here who are losing weight, can you please let me know what your daily caloric goal is. Mine is set at 1200 however, I've read if you are exercising that may be too low and I don't want to slow my metabolism. Any tips for us 'little gals' would be helpful. Thanks!

I am eating about 1600-1800 calories, but I have 10 lbs. to go so weight loss will be slow. Does not bother me to much as I measure success through pictures and measurements. Try searching for "In place of road map 2.0", this is where I got started when I wanted to tweak my intake.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and weight 108 right now. I'm trying for 90 pounds. I had hit 99 but due to overeating in February I gained nine pounds. Back on track now and I feel better about myself.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

If you go to "Apps" on MFP there is a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calculator. This will give you the approximate calories you burn every day doing nothing, based on the height, weight, etc. you have entered into MFP. From there you would need to add in all the calories you burn from the exercise you get every day using the exercise provided by MFP, then add in all the food calories you take in. If your calories in = calories burned you will maintain a steady weight. Calories in < calories burned you will lose weight. I am at the weight I want to be, so in my case I want calories in to equal calories burned. So I don't have a set daily calories intake, it depends on how much exercise I am going to get that day. (Obviously this isn't going to match up exactly, but should match up roughly day-to-day.) An alternative is to use a Total Daily Energy Expended (TDEE) calculator (plenty of them online) to calculate how how many calories you burn in general every day, and then keep your general calorie intake below that if you want to lose weight. It is very important to not set your calorie intake too low, even us short ladies need our proper nutrition, it will do you more harm than good to starve yourself and not get the nutrients you need.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and my cw is 146, my gw is 115-120. I've lost 16lbs so far and I'm hoping to be in the 130 range by June.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My goal is about what you weigh!
    On us shorties (I'm 5'0") every pound counts double. My ultimate goal for now is to be at a "normal" bmi. :)
    Currently 139.4
  • Rugersmom
    Rugersmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I will be happy to get to 130. 42 more lbs to go.

SW mfp= 219 lbs
    SW before MFP= 227
  • vangberg91
    Options
    I'm 1.63 m which I think is about 5.3 feet?

My goal is 53-53.5 kg (117 lbs)

If I get any smaller my boobs will disappear and I'll just look to skinny :P I've been about 50 kg (110 lbs) and it just doesn't look good to me... Makes me look like 11-12 years old...
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and 128

My goal weight is 110-115. :)
  • malena126
    malena126 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'1" im currently 206, bmi says i should be 116, but i was skeletal when i was that, so my goal is 130. when i get there, i will revisit the idea of going lower when im much closer. My weight gain really kicked into high gear after quitting smoking 5 years ago, then i got preggo, (3 years ago) and the weight has just stuck around. its a hard thing to do to have the dedication to lose weight. its easy being fat (on the will power, not self esteem). lol
    Good luck in your jouney.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!