Ideas for Comfort

Options
2»

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat comfort food when im stressed about money okay. It makes me feel good while I'm eating it. I don't know why it just does.

I know this feeling. Whenever I'm super worried about money I eat way too much and I think it's some sort of subconscious thing like: well, I'm broke, but I'm not going to starve. See how much food I have?

Are you in school? Maybe try taking a coursera course or something that you can work on when you feel stressed that will keep you occupied and help you get a better job one day?

Other than having plenty of food, what are some simple things in your life that make you feel like you have an abundance instead of not enough? Maybe take a bubble bath or reorganize your massive CD collection?

Or try volunteer work at a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Help other people who are worse off and realize how blessed you are.

You could also try cooking, but not eating it all... like make a bunch of healthy entrees in sizes that are realistic for you and yours, then freeze them. You still feel like you have plenty of food, but you're not eating it all now- you're making sure it will be there when you need it and you won't have to worry about it later.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hot tea. Or cocoa. It's not so bad if you use packets or at least are paying attention to portion control.

I also read. Put my brain in an entirely different world for a while. It's the only way I can manage to get it to "shut down" for a while.