What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yoghurt, breakfast biscuits :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just finished my yogurt with green mix blend and creamed honey.
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I fought getting involved in the smoothie revolution but I do that because I get it all and I am not hungry for a bit a I throw it all in spinach ftuits veggies flax chia you name it with protein powder and ice. I am finding that my cravings are really getting better.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i was waiting for someone to quote Shooter McGavin character in Happy Gilmore lol "i eat pieces of sh** like you for breakfast!"

haha

well, lately what i eat for breakfast has been more like a lunch meal. Chicken, veggies, and fruits... this morning I had left over dinner for breakfast.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (mix up the flavours) with cinnamon and chia seeds
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana. Soooo good.
    Otherwise: Oatmeal (plain) with fruit. Sometimes I sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
    When I'm in a serious crunch for time: Belvita Breakfast biscuits or stringed cheese, a piece of fruit, and a hard-boiled egg.

These usually fill me up till lunch, but if I get hungry beforehand I eat a small snack.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I cook egg whites in the microwave every morning. I top them with a fat free cheese slice, baby spinach and some sort of protein. I take all that and put it on a 100 calorie english muffin. Very filling. Keeps me feeling full longer then anything else I have tried. Plus cooking the egg whites in the microwave is a lot faster then messing with the stove.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weekdays: Blueberry Greek yogurt, dried orange cranberries, dried blueberries, & toasted almonds mixed together. This week, I alternated with Special K's breakfast sandwiches + sugar-free hot chocolate.

Weekends: Blueberry Frosted Mini-wheats

I don't eat eggs, bacon, & toast anymore--too much protein & carbs in one meal, so hard to stick with the plan for the rest of the day.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can see this but go to my diary, I think you can see it and check my sandwich out! Really good and filling!

Zzz Egg Beaters - X Regular Egg Beaters (Original) , 3 Tbsp (46g) 25 0 0 5 90 Ico_delete
    Arnold Sandwich Thins - 100% Whole Wheat, 1 roll (43g) 100 22 1 5 170 Ico_delete
    Great Value - Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patty, 1 patty (50g) 90 0 6 9 360 Ico_delete
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    i too have been trying to figure out the breakfast thing. Just this week, i have been making my own own guacamole (just avocado, lemon and a little salt) and spreading over wheat toast. Pairing that with a banana or other fruit :)
  • mizshyne
    mizshyne Posts: 8
    Options
    Early Breakfast after a workout: 1 cup of ISOflex whey protein w/half a banana (shake)
    Breakfast: Bowl of Keloggs Vector w/skim milk and Coffee or Greekyogurt w/ berries and walnuts and Coffee
    I always try to have a light breakfast (that's just me though) :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Either 3 eggs and nitrate-free, uncured bacon

or

No-Oat Oatmeal. It's really good. Made with ground nuts/seeds, banana, a couple eggs and almond milk. pop it in the microwave, stir it up, and it's like lighter, fluffier oatmeal without the grains!
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll eat with my kids and have pancake muffins or a smoothie, but usually I eat non-"breakfast" foods. Leftovers from the night before, or chicken, veggies and fruit. Sometimes eggs and bacon.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Porridge or Belvita biscuit bars (quite high in sugar - but then I don't have time for preparing breakfast) and a cup of tea.
  • ShantiDey
    ShantiDey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like muesli: the night before, put 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill thick rolled oats in a bowl. Cover with 1 cup yogurt or 1 cup Greek yogurt + 2 tablespoons milk or water. Toss a handful of nuts or berries on top. Keep it in the fridge overnight. Stir before eating.

I also enjoy breakfast hash: saute a mix of vegetables in coconut or olive oil (chard, kale, beets, red and green peppers, onions, carrots, mushrooms, whatever you enjoy). Top with leftover meat (hamburger, turkey burger, bacon) and an egg or two. Let it sit on top of the veggies for a couple of minutes until the eggs start to firm up, then gently stir together to scramble. Sprinkle on salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Yummy!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I hate waking up early to make breakfast so I usually grab something on the go. I wish I liked oatmeal but I just don't. This morning I had a slice of leftover pizza. Most mornings I have the Jimmy Dean delights english muffin sandwich. Sometimes I stop at McDonald's for a egg McMuffin. I love scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and cheese if it's a weekend.

There are a lot of good suggestions on here though. I really like the steak taco idea.

I always have greek yogurt about 9:30 or 10am at work to tide me over until lunch.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    8oz of V8 Hot and Spicy Low Sodium and Greek Yogart. Then I usually have two 100 calorie items before lunch. These vary.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a spoonful of vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder mixed in
    fruit (generally berries)
    a sprinkle of granola
    coffee
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt with Kashi cereal in it.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche (any recipe) once a week and heat up a portion in the microwave every morning. Keeps easily in the refrig, is high protein, low carb, and tasty.