Laughing Cow

Options
124»

Replies

• honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Take whole wheat bread, a whole wheat tortilla/wrap, sandwich thin, or bagel- just bread.

Spread laughing cow cheese on both sides of bread (or on entire wrap). Add thinly sliced ham and grated carrots (matchstick carrots also work well for convienience). For a wrap, other veggies (spinach, sprouts, broccoli slaw) would be great.

I like to keep it simple by serving the cheese, ham, and carrots on a sandwich thin with a side of fresh fruit/veggies (grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, berries, an apple, etc) and a cup of butternut squash soup.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used it on wraps for dinner tonight.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! im enjoying the brown sugar and cinamon flavor with thomas bagel thins right now!!!!
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    On Nut Thins (no wheat, no gluten). They're so good!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like baby carrots with the French onion flavor.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    FOR THE WIN!!!!!!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    On Nut Thins (no wheat, no gluten). They're so good!

HMMMM ive never heard of this... where do you get them??
  • gotlouis
    gotlouis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Usually alone to hit my macronutrients for the day =D
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I eat it by itself or with unsalted, whole wheat crackers
  • CarolinaBeachGirl2
    CarolinaBeachGirl2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love to use them in a sandwhich and in sauces. Thanks for asking the responses are so creative.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love the cinnamon one with graham crackers.

There are some wonderful ideas here. Thank you!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mine sat in the back of the fridge till it went off. I should learn not to by the "extra light" variety of anything!! Blech!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What section of the grocery store do you find the laughing cow cheese. I hear people here talking about it all the time, but I've never seen it in the store. Can you give me the idea of the calorie count per ounce?

They are not in the' regular' dairy area (milk, packaged cheese slices, yogurt), usually.

Typically these are found where the "specialty" cheeses are (brie, fancy cheddars and cheese spreads, merkts cheddar, feta, etc).

I only just bought one of these for the first time today - bought the Queso Fresco one, have yet to try, might try with some triscuits for a post workout snack this evening.

I have seen them in the much-lacking "specialty cheese section" at Walmart, but at Kroger (which has a quite large selection of actual specialty cheese) they are actually in the shredded cheese, prepackaged deli cheese, jarred queso, etc. section. So check a couple different spots if you can't find them at whatever grocery store you shop at.

Oh, and it's been said, but they vary between about 35-50 calories a wedge, which is enough for a generous amount on 10 crackers for me (I used the Italian Herb variety of Townhouse crackers).
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Wow, great ideas! I do many of those as well. I have also used the garlic and herb to make stroganoff and have mixed it with quinoa and spinach.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Plain LOL. Then I have crackers (whole grain crackers). I just need my pure cheese fix I guess.