BEST workout songs??

Options
jtotheno
jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
Okay, so for anyone who needs a little help getting into the mood to exercise (LIKE ME!!), I DARE you to not dance to Captain and Tenille's "Love Will Keep Us Together"!!! It is the happiest, most upbeat song EVER!! There are so many days that I just can't get my *kitten* off the couch, and I put this song on and I am INSTANTLY pumped up and off the couch dancing!!
I suggest you try it, it is magic, you'll see!!
Anyone else have any great songs that get them going?

Replies

• toomeya
    toomeya Posts: 1
    Options
    That's a good one. I like "Come On Eileen" by Dexie's Midnigh Runners. You HAVE to jump around to that one!
  • lovesitbiatch
    Options
    I absolutely love listening to Missy Elliott songs while I'm working out, it always speeds me up!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    I love "Jump" by The Pointer Sisters, haha
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Much of my workout music is Christian at the moment... here's a few that get me moving!

The Happy Song -- Delirious?
    Who I am Hates Who I've Been -- Reliant K (starts fast but fortunately slows down a bit!)
    Our Love is Loud -- David Crowder Band

I was just listing some other songs I want to get to workout to last night! Check out http://www.thebestsongs.net/exercise_songs.html for some good ideas.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would NOT suggest listening to Flogging Molly while on the treadmill... it may lead to a spontaneous urge to "river dance" and that is never a good idea while on the treadmill. Not that I would know or anything. Eh hem...
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    I like:

Block Rockin' Beats by The Chemical Brothers
    Tarantula By Pendulum & Freestyers

I got a lot of faves, but there's two that are pretty up there in my list! :-)
  • geishatrash
    geishatrash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anything by ACDC. This might be because I am a bogan...

Either that or Crazy in Love/ Single Ladies by Beyonce always gets me moving (mainly because I'm supressing the urge to dance)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I love Jet, especially "Roll Over DJ"
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree with you, it's a great song for training.

For my training, I listen Black eyes peas...This is my best!!!! I really like this group!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I am doing. If I'm on the elliptical, I like fun, get up and dance songs. Just last week, I was jamming to the teen stars of the 80s I LOVED like Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block, Tiffany. It took me WAAAAYYY back and the time just flew by. Now, if I'm on the treadmill and jogging (and/or doing intervals) I need something hard and fast to keep me going. My 2 current favorite (back to back songs) are "Shipping out to Boston" by Drop Kick Murphys and "let the bodies hit the floor" by drowning pool. Talk about getting me revved up!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Maybe not your style of music, and I don't listen to it anymore (though I did when I was doing the exercise bike instead of Jillian Michael's 30-day-shred).... But try Sexy Chick by David Guetta. Essentially it's just "D***, you's a sexy chick" over and over again and it's really upbeat and fast... It makes me feel like a sexy chick. Lol. :laugh:
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a few Three Days Grace songs that I find are great for getting me motivated to jog/run during my walks.

Animal I have Become
    Riot
    I Hate Everything About You
    Break
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I am doing. If I'm on the elliptical, I like fun, get up and dance songs. Just last week, I was jamming to the teen stars of the 80s I LOVED like Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block, Tiffany. It took me WAAAAYYY back and the time just flew by. Now, if I'm on the treadmill and jogging (and/or doing intervals) I need something hard and fast to keep me going. My 2 current favorite (back to back songs) are "Shipping out to Boston" by Drop Kick Murphys and "let the bodies hit the floor" by drowning pool. Talk about getting me revved up!

LOL you and I are musical soul mates hahaha :laugh:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    When I need a little extra help before my second wind comes along, i'll just play Europe's "The Final Countdown"
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    Eye of the tiger ftw! Haha

otherwise the music from the matrix movies- freaking awesome to go for a run with!
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    Here is my current work out mix:

Sick Puppies: War
    Boom Boom Pow: Black Eyed Peas
    Stronger: Kanye West (dont like the dude as a person, but its a great song)
    Bringing Sexy Back: Justin Timberlake
    Disturbed: Land of Confusion
    Your Going Down: Sick Puppies
    Elevator: Flor Rida
    Dirrty: Christina Aguilera
    Remember The Name: Fort Minor (best workout song ever)
    Bleed It Out: Linkin Park
  • andi93
    andi93 Posts: 13
    Options
    I also love three days grace! another great musician that ALWAYS makes me want to dance- Michael Jackson! Shake your body (down to the ground), Don't Stop til you get Enough- he has tons of great songs! but i think whichever songs you have really special connections to and that are upbeat and somewhat fast-paced, those are the ones that motivate you the most- they have value and memories attached that will make you happier so go for the ones you REALLY REALLY LOVE!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    When I need a little extra help before my second wind comes along, i'll just play Europe's "The Final Countdown"

I need to add that one to my list! :) Great song!
  • MandasCorner
    MandasCorner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this post. I have some songs to check out :)

I really like the following:

Uprising - Muse
    Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
    Tore My Heart - Oona Garthwaite (a shorter song but I really like it)
    Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
    Poker Face - Lady GaGa
    Sunglasses at Night - Corey Heart
    Love Game - Lady GaGa
    One Way or Another - Blondie
  • lilchook
    lilchook Posts: 20
    Options
    god i feel so old! i like anything by Billy Joel. Led Zeppelin too.oh and Queen.