Pre-Workout for Ladies?!

Options
2»

Replies

• mark1978mark
    mark1978mark Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jack3d micro for me, craze is to strong!
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I just mean 'for women' in that I don't want something loaded with creatine. Most of the ones I've found have tons of creatine, which I thought is more for men to bulk up and that it makes you retain water like crazy. Maybe I'm wrong!

Women's muscles aren't the same as men's. Unless you lift weight like a body builder and get all crazy about it, you're not going to get big and bulky like a man.
  • _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i take C4. Its not tailored for women, but it works for me.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I always reapply powder and lipstick, and make sure my hair looks good.

pft! as long as my *kitten* looks good in the mirror as I walk out of the locker room I'm good to go :wink:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Coffee, a pain pill and oatmeal with honey or a banana with almond butter.
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Women's muscles aren't the same as men's. Unless you lift weight like a body builder and get all crazy about it, you're not going to get big and bulky like a man.

Women's muscles are exactly the same as men's It is the level of testosterone in our systems that is different. If you expose a female's muscles to the same level of testosterone found in a male body, her muscles will grow just the same as a male's.
  • kellxbelle09
    kellxbelle09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to experiment with C4 and coffee/whey... will update here after I try both! :)
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a banana
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Caffeine works pretty well for me.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    If anything drink BCAAs during workout. Or nothing (supplement wise). It's unnecessary. Eating protein within 30 minutes is what matters most.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If anything drink BCAAs during workout. Or nothing (supplement wise). It's unnecessary. Eating protein within 30 minutes is what matters most.
    The 30 min postworkout protein or protein carbs is one the biggest myths. You can get your protein and carbs two hrs latter and still be fine. In fact protein synthesis is still elevated 48 hrs after working out.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Caffeine pills. Cheaper than coffee and you know how many mg of caffeine you are actually taking.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    30 minutes... two hours... I've heard every variation.

My point is that the focus should be on post-workout nutrition rather than pre-workout.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have liked these Guayaki Yerba Mate Organic Energy Shots.

http://guayaki.com/product/341/Lemon-Organic-Energy-Shot-(2-Pack).html

(I dont sell them nor am an I expert on all ingredients!)
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i drink optimum nutrition aminos and take a green tea extract pill. 30mins before workout. i also eat chicken and sweet potato 1.5hrs before my workout